Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Hey Pat , I’d be interested in the Creed – triple pack (10ml each of Aventus, Green Irish Tweed and Viking)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Trizo wrote: »
    Hey Pat , I’d be interested in the Creed – triple pack (10ml each of Aventus, Green Irish Tweed and Viking)

Last one - and it's yours! Will PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Thanks for delivery pat

Have lost me sense of smell due to flu so will have to hold off on reviewing the new scents!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mtb nut

Thanks Pat, Parcel received yesterday. Packed well and nice presentation. Pleasure to deal with you Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

mtb nut wrote: »
    Thanks Pat, Parcel received yesterday. Packed well and nice presentation. Pleasure to deal with you Pat.

Are the mountains of foam balls recyclable?

• Advertisement

vargoo wrote: »
    Are the mountains of foam balls recyclable?

"The product is made from 100% recycled material and is fully re-useable."

Looks like it's reusable rather than recyclable. I actually re-use virtually all the packaging (and it's a lot!) I myself receive stuff in - only items not routinely reused are boxes (but some I do if of correct size and good condition), which I bring for recycling to the local civic amenity centre as there's too many to fit in my bin at home.

"The product is made from 100% recycled material and is fully re-useable."

Looks like it's reusable rather than recyclable. I actually re-use virtually all the packaging (and it's a lot!) I myself receive stuff in - only items not routinely reused are boxes (but some I do if of correct size and good condition), which I bring for recycling to the local civic amenity centre as there's too many to fit in my bin at home.
    Would balls of paper not do same job??

Getting into the boring technicalities here, but paper is more difficult / time consuming to work with as it doesn't freely fill up all the gaps that foam peanuts do and doesn't 'bounce' as much - and I want the bottles held as rigid as possible. It also tends to block and bend the flaps which fold into the box whereas foam peanuts don't. Having said that, I re-use every scrap of paper packaging I get in, plus I only use paper for the An Post packages as it works better there than peanuts.

Yes, I know a lot about packaging! Girls, form a line.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Good grief.

OldRio wrote: »
    Good grief.

I was looking at a vid of a beach in the Dominican Republic last night, on phone now, will link later if I think of it, the rubbish in the water man!!!!!!

You couldn't see the water, couldn't believe it, "waves" of rubbish coming in to the beach, layers of rubbish.

This was another level.

• Advertisement

I was looking at a vid of a beach in the Dominican Republic last night, on phone now, will link later if I think of it, the rubbish in the water man!!!!!!

You couldn't see the water, couldn't believe it, "waves" of rubbish coming in to the beach, layers of rubbish.

This was another level.

So you want paper instead of reusing what we already have. Destroying the rain forest is it?

So you want paper instead of reusing what we already have. Destroying the rain forest is it?

You can't read or don't care or it seems to have went right over your head there. Oh well, can't fix that.

Volume up for the full effect^^^

https://www.facebook.com/mirela.monte/posts/10156398766199788

And I know about the garbage patches before anyone mentions them, yes theirs more than 1.

I apologise for derailing the thread and look forward to purchasing some more juice in the near future.
    As for the vargoo PM me and I'll explain how I've lived a green life as best I can for nearly 60 odd years and are bored ****less with trendy eco hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

This was another level.

So that's not Virgin Island Water then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

I’d like to purchase the oud saphir. How do I order officially/pay?
    Thanks,
    Martin

I’d like to purchase the oud saphir. How do I order officially/pay?
    Thanks,
    Martin

Will drop you a message. Cheers.

Decanted two pretty serious (and seriously expensive!) frags last night.

Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino Forte: I've never been hugely taken by the original NP, but this Forte version gives it definite added oomph - considerably more potent IMHO. Smell is obviously similar and is unisex as well, but I think it perhaps leans slightly more masculine than the original. If you haven't smelled it previously, it's all about the 'clean' vibes. Gets mentioned as a citrus but I don't find it especially so - there's a lot of orange blossom, and a decent clean soap vibe. Great for summer, but useful in just about any situation really. Have 50ml left @ €61 / 25ml, or €111 / 50ml. Not bad given the €245 / 50ml RRP (which I think has actually just been raised further).

Clive Christian - C for Men (vintage): as mentioned previously, this is the better discontinued version of this scent. Obvious Tuscan Leather vibes, but this is stronger and drier, with less sweetness. Kinda like 'Tuscan Leather Intense' or something. If you want a definitive leather, this could be the one for you. 30ml left @ €37 / 10ml, or €105 / 30ml. Stratospheric RRP of €350 / 50ml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Looking forward to those 2 this weekend Pat, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Hey Pat,

Any chance of the Santal 33 happening again? Almost out of the 10ml I got from you last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

would love some penhaligons any other le labo frags.

• Advertisement

Hey Pat,

Any chance of the Santal 33 happening again? Almost out of the 10ml I got from you last time.
    Uncle_moe wrote: »
    would love some penhaligons any other le labo frags.

Santal 33: maybe! Problem with Le Labo is the dealer network is limited and zero discounts so the smaller 10/30ml splits end up quite expensive. They also do 500ml flacons of their scents but the price relative to 50/100ml bottles is quite a bit higher than, say, Creed so 50ml splits are expensive too - I did list a flacon of Santal 33 for 50ml splits ages ago but it got little interest, probably because they were over €100 a pop. Pity as it's a great fragrance. Same story with their other stuff. Am in London with a couple of hours to spare shortly so might chance splitting a 100ml bottle if I pick one up....we'll see. I'm passing through Schipol a couple of times next week but they ain't in there unfortunately. I know they're in Dublin airport alright but I rarely use it.

Penhaglion's: have a highly rated one coming for summer which I haven't listed previously!

Penhaligon Lord George perchance��???

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Santal 33: maybe! Problem with Le Labo is the dealer network is limited and zero discounts so the smaller 10/30ml splits end up quite expensive. They also do 500ml flacons of their scents but the price relative to 50/100ml bottles is quite a bit higher than, say, Creed so 50ml splits are expensive too - I did list a flacon of Santal 33 for 50ml splits ages ago but it got little interest, probably because they were over €100 a pop. Pity as it's a great fragrance. Same story with their other stuff. Am in London with a couple of hours to spare shortly so might chance splitting a 100ml bottle if I pick one up....we'll see. I'm passing through Schipol a couple of times next week but they ain't in there unfortunately. I know they're in Dublin airport alright but I rarely use it.

Penhaglion's: have a highly rated one coming for summer which I haven't listed previously!

Cheers Pat, I'll take whatever you can get of it!

Penhaligon Lord George perchance��???

Cheaper than that thankfully!

(I got a sample of the Uncompromising Sohan from the same Portraits line as Lord George recently BTW - pretty good).

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Cheaper than that thankfully!

(I got a sample of the Uncompromising Sohan from the same Portraits line as Lord George recently BTW - pretty good).

Looking forward to this one. Find their stuff to generally be really high quality and I've liked most of what I've tried.

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one. Find their stuff to generally be really high quality and I've liked most of what I've tried.

Just for clarification as I wrote it awkwardly: I just got a sample of Sohan, but it's a different Penhaglion's frag I'll be doing for summer.

Yes, the Penhaglion's stuff I've done has been well received and is good value - Opus 1870 was a personal highlight, although not many people got in on that one - fantastic juice.

I'll be doing something from Atkinson's in Autumn too - who I guess share a similar 'Olde English' aesthetic with Penhaglion's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Yes, the Penhaglion's stuff I've done has been well received and is good value - Opus 1870 was a personal highlight, although not many people got in on that one - fantastic juice.

Yep, I love the Opus 1870. Fantastic light summery smell. Only complaint is that I feel it doesn't have any staying power on me. I get a great opening burst but within a short time I can't seem to smell anything.

Mind you the same thing happens me with Aventus and I know that one definitely lingers when I can still get a whiff of it off a shirt or t shirt a couple of days later when I go to wash it!

Am interested in aventus Creed and Irish Tweed.

Are they eau de toilette's or parfum or what's the story?

Am interested in aventus Creed and Irish Tweed.

Are they eau de toilette's or parfum or what's the story?

Eaux de parfum - you got some Aventus a while back IIRC? Will drop you an email - Aventus is good to go; GIT will be a little while though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Received the Creed Triple pack this morning , lovely smells emanating from the containers ! all packaged excellently , Many Thanks Pat

Advertisement