Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in world dropped on Afghanistan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Righty-O. Enjoy drooling over yer war, lads, and getting sweaty and slightly breathless waiting for the videos of the destruction.
    I'm out :(

Your the one who dropped here :) the thread :confused: & just because it hasn't all gone your way/opinion you having a little hizzy fit, Of you go, us mere mortals will hang around & try avoid the shrapnel :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

PucaMama wrote: »
    Watch CNN. North Korea getting ready for 6th nuclear test. Japan saying North Korea could launch bombs with sarin on them.

Like the "sarin" used in Syria? The sarin that turns out was barrels of chlorine robbed from a chlorine factory and fecked out the door of a helicopter? A chlorine factory that had fallen into the rebels hands shortly beforehand?

:pac:

Sarin me behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Everything the West does, Everything anybody does anywhere is a cause for recruitment for IS and other Jihadi: A man being refused asylum in Sweden, Infidels drinking in cafes in Paris, A man burning a Koran in Illnois, Germany using surveillance drones in Syria, the presence of Coptic Christians in Cairo, An Ahmadi preaching in Glasgow, Shias celebrating in Karbala etc etc etc etc.
    How can they be fought if you maintain that they can't be killed? Should the Iraqis, Kurds and allies outside Raqqa and Mosul just pack up and go home?
    If so, what do you suggest?

Million percent correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Your the one who dropped here :) the thread :confused: & just because it hasn't all gone your way/opinion you having a little hizzy fit, Of you go, us mere mortals will hang around & try avoid the shrapnel :o

lol :)

It's nothing to do with it not going my way. I just dislike the gloating and slavering over mega bombs. 95000 people live in Archin district. I'd say a lot of them are bleeding from their ears right now and I just can't abide the panting over a war machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Excuse me, didn't 9/11 happen before the Iraq invasion? If they are only against American intervention, then why they murdering their own people by the tens of thousands?
    There was a world before 9/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Excuse me, didn't 9/11 happen before the Iraq invasion? If they are only against American intervention, then why they murdering their own people by the tens of thousands?

America invaded Iraq in the 90s. Check your history book. Then they were sanctioned in the oil for food programme that killed thousands of innocent people .

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Gringo180 wrote: »
    America invaded Iraq in the 90s. Check your history book. Then they were sanctioned in the oil for food programme that killed thousands of innocent people .

American forces evicted the Iraqis from Kuwait in 1991,destroyed the Iraqi army and then left Iraqi territory. They did not invade Iraq.(In fact some say they should have done so and finished off Saddam then when they had a good reason to do so).
    Osama didn't give a sh1t about Iraq. In fact he wanted to raise a brigade of Holy warriors to fight Saddam. They (rightly) told him to feck off.
    He then complained about the presence of Infidel Americans upon the Holy Soil of Saudi Arabia. The Saudi authorities-perfectly within their rights in inviting the coalition forces to use Saudi territory and facilities-again told him to feck off. He went off in a huff to start his Jihad.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

WW3 is beginning ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Watch CNN. North Korea getting ready for 6th nuclear test. Japan saying North Korea could launch bombs with sarin on them.

Like the "sarin" used in Syria? The sarin that turns out was barrels of chlorine robbed from a chlorine factory and fecked out the door of a helicopter? A chlorine factory that had fallen into the rebels hands shortly beforehand?

:pac:

Sarin me behind.
    Are you a doctor? I don't believe necessarily that Assad done it himself but I'm not a doctor so I can't say if those people were poisoned with sarin or chlorine gas and even if I was a doctor I couldn't diagnose through a Tv/computer screen either.

America evicted the Iraqis from Kuwait in 1991 and then left Iraqi territory. They did not invade Iraq.

Jaysus why were they so worried about Kuwait. Only a few years previous they aided Saddam in his invasion and war against Iran :pac:

Just under 4000 civilians were killed in the first invasion. There was a strike on a bunker in Amiriyah by 2 U.S airforce jets that killed 408 Iraqi civilians.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    No mercy to ISIS. If you harbour ISIS expect one of these.

You think this will beat the them? Not a hope. Playing into their hands. They are in every country.

It's just chest beating.
    As a famous general once said when asked a question similar, "kill em, kill em all". I follow that philosophy with ISIS. Too many weak minded people who are just too PC about it, too faff about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

mark085 wrote: »
    WW3 is beginning ...

If you really believe that would you not better stocking up on supplies and digging a bunker rather than posting on Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Fantastic reaction from the US, inspiring to see. Finally a leader who is taking the gloves off and laying into ISIS.

Hopefully the US now will proceed to covertly (or overtly) arm local Defence Militia's in Malmo, Rinkeby, Paris, Molenbeek, Rotherham, Germany, Holland etc. I suspect CENTCOM have been paying very close attention to the European terror threat, and they know exactly who the threats are, and who is sponsoring them.

A militarised rollback operation is the only hope for Europe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollback

Are you a doctor? I don't believe necessarily that Assad done it himself but I'm not a doctor so I can't say if those people were poisoned with sarin or chlorine gas and even if I was a doctor I couldn't diagnose through a Tv/computer screen either.

Loads of pics doing the rounds, have a google. Also read the whinging from the factory owner whose chlorine was looted. He had hoped to sell it once peace broke out to restore his businesses fortunes, until the rebels robbed it and fecked it at their enemy.. which got spun, as everything does. Anyway, you believe whatever. We're all entitled to do that. Happily.

Those big bombs though..

carry on.

As a famous general once said when asked a question similar, "kill em, kill em all". I follow that philosophy with ISIS. Too many weak minded people who are just too PC about it, too faff about it.

Imagine the Brits having the same attitude towards the IRA. Would you be saying the same if they decided to unleash this bomb in the countryside in Co Louth during the troubles?

Imagine the Brits having the same attitude towards the IRA. Would you be saying the same if they decided to unleash this bomb in the countryside in Co Louth during the troubles?

Louth you say?

Hmm.. I'd have to think about that. If it was Meath now, jasus...

Loads of pics doing the rounds, have a google. Also read the whinging from the factory owner whose chlorine was looted. He had hoped to sell it once peace broke out to restore his businesses fortunes, until the rebels robbed it and fecked it at their enemy.. which got spun, as everything does. Anyway, you believe whatever. We're all entitled to do that. Happily.

Those big bombs though..

carry on.

Why would I believe some factory owner over anyone else? What's so special about him. Or is it he's just saying what some people want to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Fantastic reaction from the US, inspiring to see. Finally a leader who is taking the gloves off and laying into ISIS.

Hopefully the US now will proceed to covertly (or overtly) arm local Defence Militia's in Malmo, Rinkeby, Paris, Molenbeek, Rotherham, Germany, Holland etc. I suspect CENTCOM have been paying very close attention to the European terror threat, and they know exactly who the threats are, and who is sponsoring them.

A militarised rollback operation is the only hope for Europe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollback

I like your style. I'm hoping it's irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Jaysus why were they so worried about Kuwait. Only a few years previous they aided Saddam in his invasion and war against Iran :pac:

Just under 4000 civilians were killed in the first invasion. There was a strike on a bunker in Amiriyah by 2 U.S airforce jets that killed 408 Iraqi civilians.

The coalition liked Kuwait. Most countries didn't want to see a small state swallowed.They didn't like Saddam. If you'd been around in 1939, doubtless you'd have been complaining that since Britain and France had colonial empires and were therefore being inconsistent, then Hitler should allowed to keep Poland.
    The Americans believed it was a command bunker. Considering the enormous amount of ordnance the USAF dropped Iraq, 4000 dead was an astonishingly small civilian death toll.

If the IRA drove a hundred thousand people from their homes and filled mass graves across Ireland with bodies they might have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well if someone who is totally biased in her opinion is all you can find when I suppose neither of us have a leg to stand on so fellow Galwegian.

I'm sure I'd find more if I looked, you were looking to combat an argument that no one had made, I just wanted some info on the bomb, presumed more would find it interesting.

The region the bomb was dropped on, Achin is 350km^2, and has a population of 150,000. That's a lot of people to drop a bomb beside IMO, unless they really nailed IS.

*edit* http://www.pajhwok.com/en/2016/05/09/why-daesh-chose-achin-district-its-base-afghanistan

Need to stop half reading articles. This bombing was a good idea imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

:ninja: No. IRA and UVF were horrible bastards but they ended up settling a deal. What would you negotiate with ISIS?

Why would I believe some factory owner over anyone else? What's so special about him. Or is it he's just saying what some people want to hear.

He wasn't saying anything of the sort. He was whinging about his barrels of chlorine being robbed. :) What they were used for didn't concern him, just the financial loss. Typical businessman. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The region the bomb was dropped on, Achin is 350km^2, and has a population of 150,000. That's a lot of people to drop a bomb beside IMO, unless they really nailed IS.

But it the bomb detonated inside a cave complex ,the blast and pressure would be kept fairly contained to a fairly small area

He wasn't saying anything of the sort. He was whinging about his barrels of chlorine being robbed. :) What they were used for didn't concern him, just the financial loss. Typical businessman. :D
    He just wants his money back so he will say anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

A lot of love for ISIS around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A lot of love for ISIS around here.

Some prefer chemicals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

lawred2 wrote: »
    Yes. 200k civilian deaths is nothing to be proud of.

Please show me the data you got that from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

For anyone who is interested, here is what the same bomb dropped on the Spire in O Connell Street would look like. The blast radius is actually quite small:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html?dll=40.71427,-74.00597&yd=0.011&zm=14&op=156

Edit: Damn thing keeps resetting to Manhattan. She wants to go to her spiritual home heheh

CNN just said bomb was in area to be used before trump was elected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

astrofool wrote: »
    2 of these? There's a very big chasm from this to nuclear, there are many arguments against using these bombs, but saying nuclear is next is a lie for many, many reasons.

Its considered a nuclear weapon, a small one.

Advertisement