Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in world dropped on Afghanistan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

And in real money 10000kg = 1575 stone.
    That's heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

I have the weirdest boner right now.

Me too!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

People crying because they dropped a bomb on ISIS. WTF :pac: :pac: :pac:
    He promised to bomb them, he can blow them all to hell if he wants. But what we don't want is an escalation to nuclear. Unless he has something bigger than this bomb that's not nuclear, what's his next step?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Your hypocrisy is astounding. Your want Assad out for apparently using chemical weapons in Syria but are in here praising America for dropping one of the biggest bombs used in warfare. Lol

Your comparing a bomb been used on an cave complex vs using chemical weapons against civilians ,

Laughable

Anything for an anti US rant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It suggests that the bomb was just going to be dropped on top of people regardless of who they were, not surprising seeing as she hates Trump, of course she wasn't going to mention that a lot of planning goes into it beforehand to make sure innocents don't get hurt.

You're spinning this to suit your own point of view, if I blocked her name out and claimed that as my own information, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on there.

Honestly I'd be surprised if there were large civilian casualties, you can't bomb the bad guys without getting some good guys too, its a reality of war. On the other hand, hopefully Trump doesn't see all Afghans as the bad guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭.........

It's horrific.

what do people think war is ? PlayStation ?

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    I doubt for one minute this will affect any innocent civilians!

That's what you said

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

PucaMama wrote: »
    You do realise if nuclear bombs are used the affects won't be confined to the place bombed??

Yes I do.

The biggest threat of a nuclear missle being fired is from that nutter in North Korea and I'd bet the house he will get shut down long before he gets a chance to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Merely recruiting more Isis members.

Everything the West does, Everything anybody does anywhere is a cause for recruitment for IS and other Jihadis: A man being refused asylum in Sweden, Infidels drinking in cafes in Paris, A man burning a Koran in Illnois, Germany using surveillance drones in Syria, the presence of Coptic Christians in Cairo, An Ahmadi preaching in Glasgow, Shias celebrating in Karbala etc etc etc etc.
    How can they be fought if you maintain that they can't be killed? Should the Iraqis, Kurds and allies outside Raqqa and Mosul just pack up and go home?
    If so, what do you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gatling wrote: »
    Your comparing a bomb been used on an cave complex vs using chemical weapons against civilians ,

Laughable

Anything for an anti US rant

Jaysus you must take everything the U.S says as gospel. Do you still believe Saddam had WMDs? How on earth do you know the outcome of this bomb? There will be scores of civilians vapourised because of this 30 foot coffin of destruction. But its only the sub human Afghanistan civilians that will be murdered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,293 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No mercy to ISIS. If you harbour ISIS expect one of these.

You think this will beat the them? Not a hope. Playing into their hands. They are in every country.

It's just chest beating.

You do realise if nuclear bombs are used the affects won't be confined to the place bombed??

Yes I do.

The biggest threat of a nuclear missle being fired is from that nutter in North Korea and I'd bet the house he will get shut down long before he gets a chance to do anything.
    I don't believe he's so under control. He's volatile. He's waiting for provocation and the US is going to provide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

bubblypop wrote: »
    That's what you said

yeah this actual operation!

Merely recruiting more Isis members.

absolute rubbish, simply allowing people to eat a McDonald's will recruit nutters to Isis . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Yes I do.

Not really, by all accounts its highly unlikely N. Korea have the technology to mount their weapons to ICBMs. Also the devices they've tested so far have been very primitive with small payloads, they're very far off being the major nuclear threat some would claim they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jaysus.

Seriously I'm laughing ,

Nice try though but it's a fail

You're spinning this to suit your own point of view, if I blocked her name out and claimed that as my own information, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on there.

Honestly I'd be surprised if there were large civilian casualties, you can't bomb the bad guys without getting some good guys too, its a reality of war. On the other hand, hopefully Trump doesn't see all Afghans as the bad guys.

Well if someone who is totally biased in her opinion is all you can find when I suppose neither of us have a leg to stand on so fellow Galwegian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Blowing up a few mountians didn't make much measurable difference against the Taliban in 2001

The whole point of "so called" IS is that it's everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Big bombs are a waste of money in an age of asymmetrical warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Hopefully they filmed it.

Depp wrote: »
    Yes I do.

Not really, by all accounts its highly unlikely N. Korea have the technology to mount their weapons to ICBMs. Also the devices they've tested so far have been very primitive with small payloads, they're very far off being the major nuclear threat some would claim they are.
    Watch CNN. North Korea getting ready for 6th nuclear test. Japan saying North Korea could launch bombs with sarin on them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Good enough for them.

Depp wrote: »

I thought he was farther along in the technology need for the nuclear option TBH, good to hear he isn't.

Blowing up a few mountians didn't make much measurable difference against the Taliban in 2001

The whole point of "so called" IS is that it's everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Big bombs are a waste of money in an age of asymmetrical warfare.

Not if you want to test them it's not. What do you think Russia is using Syria for ? The same thing.

Weapons Practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Everything the West does, Everything anybody does anywhere is a cause for recruitment for IS and other Jihadi: A man being refused asylum in Sweden, Infidels drinking in cafes in Paris, A man burning a Koran in Illnois, Germany using surveillance drones in Syria, the presence of Coptic Christians in Cairo, An Ahmadi preaching in Glasgow, Shias celebrating in Karbala etc etc etc etc.
    How can they be fought if you maintain that they can't be killed? Should the Iraqis, Kurds and allies outside Raqqa and Mosul just pack up and go home?
    If so, what do you suggest?

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Bin Laden said it himself that U.S intervention in the middle east was his biggest recruiting tool. Is it just a coincidence that this threat of Islamic extremism has multiplied by the thousands since Americas invasion of Iraq?

Volturnus wrote: »
    No wonder their are terrorists with these idiots blasting an entire region full of innocent people. If my family was caught in the middle of that bomb because some bureaucrat decided it was a good idea I'm pretty sure I'd want revenge too.

Would you then explain to me,please, why the the vast the vast majority of the victims of IS and the Taliban are innocent civilians?
    Exactly who were they getting revenge for, when they murdered sixty Christian families in a park in Lahore? Or murdered a hundred schoolchildren and their teachers in a school in Pakistan.

This 'revenge for Western actions' stuff was always BS. They were murdering people before one United States boot set down on the soil of Kandahar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Would you then explain to me,please, why the the vast the vast majority of the victims of IS and the Taliban are innocent civilians?
    Exactly who were they getting revenge for, when they murderd a hundred Christian families in a park in Lahore? Or murdered a hundred scholchildren and theit teachers in a school in Pakistan?

This revenge for Western actions was always BS

mother nature is so cruel but so issue the mother of bombs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I thought he was farther along in the technology need for the nuclear option TBH, good to hear he isn't.

read recently some report and the problem is they dont have the tech to build a nuke small enough to mount on an icbm so the only threat is short range strikes at the minute. North Korean situation is a worry though going forward really needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

300 million too. Although that might be a bit like the Gards "street value" estimates on drugs seizures. There's probably a bomb-scientist somewhere in the States going "300 million..what? wait, we only got 500k for it??"

Followed by some Airforce bean counter standing in front of an accounts committee a year later going "Yes, erm, honest, it was 300 million..:o...that 300 million"small hole in the books" we couldn't account for last year...this was it.."

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Bin Laden said it himself that U.S intervention in the middle east was his biggest recruiting tool. Is it just a coincidence that this threat of Islamic extremism has multiplied by the thousands since Americas invasion of Iraq?

Excuse me, didn't 9/11 happen before the Iraq invasion? If they are only against American intervention, then why they murdering their own people by the tens of thousands? It seems that the desire to murder Shias, Ismaelis, Christians and Yazidis, rape, mutilate, plunder, vandalize and keep women as slaves is the main recruting tool.
    In any case Is isn't Osama Bin Laden/Al Qaeda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

He promised to bomb them, he can blow them all to hell if he wants. But what we don't want is an escalation to nuclear. Unless he has something bigger than this bomb that's not nuclear, what's his next step?

2 of these? There's a very big chasm from this to nuclear, there are many arguments against using these bombs, but saying nuclear is next is a lie for many, many reasons.

Advertisement