Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in world dropped on Afghanistan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

"The US military has dropped an enormous bomb in Afghanistan, according to four US military officials with direct knowledge of the mission." They know exactly what they're doing here and I doubt for one minute this will affect any innocent civilians!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

I see that there are estimated 1000 - 5000 IS in Afghanistan....hardly merits a bomb like this surely. Something that will live on in ISIL lore, something that will recruit thousands.

If a lot of them were gathered in the one place; if they had stored a lot of weapons and supplies in those caves and were using them as a base;if they were deeply embedded in a way that would exact a heavy toll on a conventional military attack...then, sure, why not?

We've seen how determined and indefatigable they are. They came from small beginnings to capture neatly half of Iraq and Syria. Now they are in Afghanistan (and Libya). Why not nip it in the bud now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

The gob****es getting hard ons for huge bombs in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,291 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

That'll beat ISIS, lol.

Beat thing he could do for a recruitment drive. I'd say they are loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Given that we're a week after criticising the use of chemical weapons in Syria..... It seems fair to question the use of this particular bomb.

Saves having​ to risk hundreds of soldiers lives by not having to send them deep into Cave complexes ,
    Must be a huge complex if standard thermobaric misssles and bombs werent able to do the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah a quick google shows she is completely impartial...

I just posted the effects of the bomb on surrounding areas.

I literally googled "moab" and its the first explanation that popped up.

What's your point here? Who cares her standing if the posts accurate

*edit* Here's a Fox link you might find more to your liking, note its cares about "big bomb" more than "deafens people 2 miles away"
    Here’s what you need to know:

· The MOAB, also known as the “Mother of All Bombs,” was dropped out of a C-130 aircraft in Afghanistan for the first time on Thursday.

· The MOAB had never been used in combat until now. It was brought into service in 2008.

· The MOAB weighs 21,000 pounds.

· It is the largest non-nuclear weapon in the U.S. arsenal.

· The MOAB is considered similar to a small nuclear weapon.

· The first test detonation was confirmed in March 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Trump acting the hardman for show

All this is really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

PucaMama wrote: »
    Iodine tablets that have decayed for years in people's homes are useless. We are ****ed if it happens. I can never understand the lack of concern for the quickly escalating fighting. Nuclear is the next step.

Listen pet the fecking pubs are closed tomorrow, will ya stop worrying about miniscule things...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Can you explain to me how this will actually damage Isis? They're not a standard organisation, it adds to their propaganda and I'll guarantee that recruitment will go about as a result of it.

Well the military who advise him and who obviously know a lot more about the situation than anyone on this forum felt it would damage Isis so that's good enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

The principles of war might insist that it may have actually saved a lot of lives in the future by targetting and removing the Islamofascists. A mile or two of destruction isnt that much compared to the vast territories in that region , not when its targeted at a location full of underground caves and tunnels . Its not like it was dropped on a village . I'm speculating it was basically dropped onto an enemy base ? War is bad of course but once you are in one its even worse to lose.

• Advertisement

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    " They know exactly what they're doing here and I doubt for one minute this will affect any innocent civilians!

Yea cos the U.S. never killed innocent people......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Do you know what...if there were 40 or 50 terrorists holed up in those caves I'd say it would have been a busy day. Do you think terrorists fight their Jihad by living permanently in deep caves in remote areas? It doesn't even make sense. Like some great big IS kumbaya commune in the feckin middle of nowhere

Taking out a base is a common and sensible tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

America. The biggest threat to mankind and the survival of the human race.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    That'll beat ISIS, lol.

Beat thing he could do for a recruitment drive. I'd say they are loving it.
    No mercy to ISIS. If you harbour ISIS expect one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Gatling wrote: »

It's a sh*t bomb

This is a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People crying because they dropped a bomb on ISIS. WTF :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd say this was a long planned operation there isn't a lot of MOABs in existence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Well done to President Trump, he said he was going to tackle ISIS and once again he's proven that he is a man of his word.

He also said he'd pull American soldiers out of foreign wars. So much for that electoral promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I just posted the effects of the bomb on surrounding areas.

I literally googled "moab" and its the first explanation that popped up.

What's your point here? Who cares her standing if the posts accurate

It suggests that the bomb was just going to be dropped on top of people regardless of who they were, not surprising seeing as she hates Trump, of course she wasn't going to mention that a lot of planning goes into it beforehand to make sure innocents don't get hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm pretty certain one of them bombs was dropped in Leitrim a few weeks ago or maybe Cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Do you know what...if there were 40 or 50 terrorists holed up in those caves I'd say it would have been a busy day. Do you think terrorists fight their Jihad by living permanently in deep caves in remote areas? It doesn't even make sense. Like some great big IS kumbaya commune in the feckin middle of nowhere

If it was a big IS complex, there would be a number of operatives there at all times to defend it, like any base. There would be food, supplies, bombs, guns, explosives, transport, communications equipment. It's all ashes now.

Well done to President Trump, he said he was going to tackle ISIS and once again he's proven that he is a man of his word.

Merely recruiting more Isis members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Trump acting the hardman for show

All this is really

Yup. The exact same as Hillary Clinton would have done if she was in the hot seat.

And the exact same as Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Truman.....and on and on and on.

Gatling wrote: »
    Saves having​ to risk hundreds of soldiers lives by not having to send them deep into Cave complexes ,
    Must be a huge complex if standard thermobaric misssles and bombs werent able to do the job

Your hypocrisy is astounding. You want Assad out for apparently using chemical weapons in Syria but are in here praising America for dropping one of the biggest bombs used in warfare. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Gringo180 wrote: »
    America. The biggest threat to mankind and the survival of the human race.

America being the world police is the thing that allows the likes of the Scandinavian utopian societies to live their happy clapping existence while scoffing at Americans from their ivory towers. We need them on that wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I don't think this use of this bomb will cause the US much trouble, they targeted ISIS therefore the Russians will be happy enough as apparently they are all about defeating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

I have the weirdest boner right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Righty-O. Enjoy drooling over yer war, lads, and getting sweaty and slightly breathless waiting for the videos of the destruction.
    I'm out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yea cos the U.S. never killed innocent people......

Did I say that!? :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

About time they stopped ****ing about with those scumbags.
    Warning shot to that other little fat delusional muppet in North Korea too.

Advertisement