Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in world dropped on Afghanistan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Gatling wrote: »
    No it wasn't

What's it called then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    how it was first tested in 2003 and this is the first time it's actually been used. So how is it obamas baby ?

It was transported to the area for use during obamas presidency

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Depp wrote: »
    It was transported to the area for use during obamas presidency

Ok but obama never ordered it's use did he ? No he didn't. I find it hilarious that trump supporters are still trying to bring all the mess ups and all trumps decisions back to obama, and Hillary Clinton.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Everything the West does, Everything anybody does anywhere is a cause for recruitment for IS and other Jihadi: A man being refused asylum in Sweden, Infidels drinking in cafes in Paris, A man burning a Koran in Illnois, Germany using surveillance drones in Syria, the presence of Coptic Christians in Cairo, An Ahmadi preaching in Glasgow, Shias celebrating in Karbala etc etc etc etc.
    How can they be fought if you maintain that they can't be killed? Should the Iraqis, Kurds and allies outside Raqqa and Mosul just pack up and go home?
    If so, what do you suggest?

That's about the size of it.

Not sure why people are getting so giddy about the type of bomb. It's a bit warped.

Would many people ordinary people really be hanging around in the vicinity of an ISIS network or base if they could help it? I am not sure the place would've been too populated with ordinary people.

I don't know if there were any genuine, civilian casualties yet, but so far it strikes me as really odd to find this more concerning than the deliberate slaughter of civilians, like we have heard about in Stockholm and other places in Europe, or in Egypt. Any ISIS fighters who perished would've made sure to slaughter plenty of innocent civilians so the bomb may well have saved many lives. Misplaced sympathy in this thread, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So much for the 'Trump for world peace' bullsh*t.

Pretty clear he saw the Syria attack temporarily divert attention away from his dodgy Russian ties, and now that more and more continue to come out by the day he's looking to up the ante even more. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see a nuke attempted as that investigation goes deeper and deeper, but the question is -- will someone step in to stop him or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What's it called then?

An explosion possibly a jdsm that hit a fuel or weapons dump ,fuel tanks have a similar effect when exploding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

Billy86 wrote: »
    So much for the 'Trump for world peace bullsh*t'.

Pretty clear he saw the Syria attack temporarily divert attention away from his dodgy Russian ties, and now that more and more continue to come out by the day he's looking to up the ante even more. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see a nuke attempted as that investigation goes deeper and deeper, but the question is -- will someone step in to stop him or not?

NEW ARMS RACE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

how it was first tested in 2003 and this is the first time it's actually been used. So how is it obamas baby ?

CNN are reporting the weapon had been sent forward to Afghanistan while Obama was still president. Evidently he had a plan to use it at some point, but circumstances didn't play out correctly.

Ok but obama never ordered it's use did he ? No he didn't. I find it hilarious that trump supporters are still trying to bring all the mess ups and all trumps decisions back to obama, and Hillary Clinton.

no he didn't but neither did trump. infact given the nature of involvement in afghanistan I doubt he was even required to sign off on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

obama ran a ****ing torture camp in Guantanamo Bay ffs holding prisoners that never went to trial!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

17917713_10154366820566367_7779963959541670325_o.jpg?oh=8e128c698e71ee932ca0ab2990998ad4&oe=59927742

Yeah, but you see Clinton would have just brought about wars and bombs..........

So much for the 'Trump for world peace' bullsh*t.

trump or obama before him dont hand pick which bombs are to be dropped...those decisions are made by military officials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I must be an evil bastard as my initial reaction was "wow cool" rather than "won't anyone think of the children".

Yeah, but you see Clinton would have just brought about wars and bombs..........

Well aren't we lucky billy that trump won't be dropping bombs... I feel so much safer.

I'm sure I'd find more if I looked, you were looking to combat an argument that no one had made, I just wanted some info on the bomb, presumed more would find it interesting.

The region the bomb was dropped on, Achin is 350km^2, and has a population of 150,000. That's a lot of people to drop a bomb beside IMO, unless they really nailed IS.

*edit* http://www.pajhwok.com/en/2016/05/09/why-daesh-chose-achin-district-its-base-afghanistan

Need to stop half reading articles. This bombing was a good idea imo.

Yep. As targets go that one makes sense. Riddled with murderous scum. How many would they have gone on to brutalise and kill if the bomb hadn't been dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'm still not sure why people are getting so exercised by this......

......a single load from a B-52 delivers about 4 times more explosive energy than a MOAB......and for the last 15 years there's been a regular series of missions involving 3 ship cells bombing Afghanistan and Iraq (and probably Syria) so it's difficult to see why people are jumping up and down over this single piece of ordinance.

CNN are reporting the weapon had been sent forward to Afghanistan while Obama was still president. Evidently he had a plan to use it at some point, but circumstances didn't play out correctly.

Which circumstances didn't play out exactly ?

Depp wrote: »
    trump or obama before him dont hand pick which bombs are to be dropped...those decisions are made by military officials

Trump is refusing to decline if he signed off on it, ran on a campaign of "bombing the sh*t" out of the middle east, and is reported to be considering sending more troops to Iraq. There is absolutely no way he was not made aware of the first denotation of the biggest non nuclear bomb in the history of the world prior to it happening, but there is plenty of reason to believe he pushed for and/or approved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

In Russia they have the daddy of all bombs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

People who criticise a war criminal like Obama don't necessarily support the war criminal Trump. Particularly Trump in April 17 who is basically the antithesis of the guy who campaigned.

bangkok wrote: »
    obama ran a ****ing torture camp in Guantanamo Bay ffs holding prisoners that never went to trial!!!!

Okay. What has that got to do with what TRUMP did today or recently ? Nothing is the answer. Also bush was president when people were put in gitmo after 9/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

C9T2jgkXYAA93cp.jpg

Largest non-nuclear bomb in the world, but classified as a small nuke apparently

Right I've looked at this a few times but it still doesn't make sense

1 mile you get knocked over
    1.7 you get killed
    2 miles your deaf

So the closer to the explosion you are the better off you'll be

Yep. As targets go that one makes sense. Riddled with murderous scum. How many would they have gone on to brutalise and kill if the bomb hadn't been dropped.

What, all of them? All the civilians in that region?

I must be an evil bastard as my initial reaction was "wow cool" rather than "won't anyone think of the children".

It's probably a desensitisation to the stuff happening.

If there are any children killed here will we see their pictures. If not, why not?

What, all of them? All the civilians in that region?

Which part of my comment are you asking me about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Okay. What has that got to do with what TRUMP did today or recently ? Nothing is the answer. Also bush was president when people were put in gitmo after 9/11.

it is a military operation, bombing going on the whole time, just the fact it was the biggest they used it makes the news

Trump is refusing to decline if he signed off on it, ran on a campaign of "bombing the sh*t" out of the middle east, and is reported to be considering sending more troops to Iraq. There is absolutely no way he was not made aware of the first denotation of the biggest non nuclear bomb in the history of the world prior to it happening, but there is plenty of reason to believe he pushed for and/or approved it.

As its an active warzone there would have been no presidential approval necessary so the likelihood is he had no hand act nor part in its use. He probably knew about it but to jump to the conclusion he pushed for it is wrong. thos decisions are made by guys with a hell of a lot more tactical knowledge than trump. the scapegoating is ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Would love to see the look on their little faces when that thing appeared out if the sky

Advertisement