Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in world dropped on Afghanistan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Gatling wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the video ,

Mother of all Bombs

Will there be a video? Doubt it if there is any sign of civilian life in the surrounding area.

I fear Trump has got the taste for the power that comes with giving orders to fire missiles. Did he really have to use this type. Worrying times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

PucaMama wrote: »
    CNN just said bomb was in area to be used before trump was elected

MASSIVE 180 TURN EVERYONE, OUR DARLING OBAMA PLANNED THIS! WE LOVE MOAB'S NOW!Still, something something something Trump nasty something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Its considered a nuclear weapon, a small one.

actually this is wrong, its a ''conventional bomb''..this means non-nuclear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

What's all the fuss about, the MOAB isn't the largest non-nuclear weapon in the US inventory......the MOP is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

For anyone who is interested, here is what the same bomb dropped on the Spire in O Connell Street would look like. The blast radius is actually quite small:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html?dll=40.71427,-74.00597&yd=0.011&zm=14&op=156

Edit: Damn thing keeps resetting to Manhattan. She wants to go to her spiritual home heheh

Its over twice that area according to the below.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/effect-of-moab-bomb-on-new-york-city-2017-4?r=US&IR=T
    But it the bomb detonated inside a cave complex ,the blast and pressure would be kept fairly contained to a fairly small area

Its specifically designed to be detonated above the ground, so lots of the energy doesn't just piss into the earth, same as nukes and lots of bigger bombs. I've no idea the true blast radius but if the picture I posted on page 2 is accurate, it kills people up to 2.7km away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,755 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

CNN just said bomb was in area to be used before trump was elected

MASSIVE 180 TURN EVERYONE, OUR DARLING OBAMA PLANNED THIS! WE LOVE MOAB'S NOW!Still, something something something Trump nasty something something.
    Our darling obama?? That better not be aimed at me.

Its over twice that area according to the below, the MOABs actual explosive yield is classified anyways. I'm interested as to who's arse you pulled 0.011KT from.

Its specifically designed to be detonated above the ground, so lots of the energy doesn't just piss into the earth, same as nukes and lots of bigger bombs. I've no idea the true blast radius but if the picture I posted on page 2 is accurate, it kills people up to 2.7km away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast

the stats of the bomb are all here, explosive yield is not clasified by any means.

Its over twice that area according to the below, the MOABs actual explosive yield is classified anyways. I'm interested as to who's arse you pulled 0.011KT from.

MOABs aren't about yield, they're about sucking the oxygen out of buildings, caves, underground facilities etc and distributing incidendiary destruction, rather than blast damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Breaking News: "Obama MOAB frees hundreds of LBGTQIA Orphan Puppies from ISIS"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Righty-O. Enjoy drooling over yer war, lads, and getting sweaty and slightly breathless waiting for the videos of the destruction.
    I'm out :(

That bomb was tested in Yemen last year on the side of a mountain, plenty of YouTube videos about it. Tested by an allied force of the US. No news coverage just locals getting their property blown to pieces for the craic recorded on smartphones.

Depp wrote: »
    actually this is wrong, its a ''conventional bomb''..this means non-nuclear.

I can't find the source now, but its considered nuclear while not actually being nuclear from what I read, I understand its a conventional weapon.

My point was to the if its considered to be a nuclear weapon, how far from real nukes can we really be?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,755 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

j1gsredi_jfa5f1_ec43o7.png

I can't find the source now, but its considered nuclear while not actually being nuclear from what I read, I understand its a conventional weapon.

My point was to the if its considered to be a nuclear weapon, how far from real nukes can we really be?

A nuclear bomb is a bomb that gets its destructive force from nuclear reactions, either fission or a combination of fission and fusion. As this bomb does not use nuclear reactions therefore in no way can it be considered a nuclear weapon, your source is wrong, plain and simple.

Fake trump tweet lol

It might have an energy yield comparable with a small nuclear device but that doesn't mean its nuclear......it's still a chemical energy weapon, not a fission or fusion one.

A lot of large bombs have yields comparable to previously fielded short range nukes.

Fake news! Sad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That bomb was tested in Yemen last year on the side of a mountain, plenty of YouTube videos about it. Tested by an allied force of the US.

No it wasn't

Nope it wasn't aimed at you. Just watch how the narrative changes once people realise this was Obama's baby....

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Well done to President Trump, he said he was going to tackle ISIS and once again he's proven that he is a man of his word.

trump is a puppet like obama and clinton etc. This was all planned years ago.

• Advertisement

Jawgap wrote: »
    MOABs aren't about yield, they're about sucking the oxygen out of buildings, caves, underground facilities etc and distributing incidendiary destruction, rather than blast damage.

Yeah I misunderstood the other posters point, apologies to him, the attitude was uncalled for now that I see what they meant.
    Depp wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast

the stats of the bomb are all here, explosive yield is not clasified by any means.

Can't argue with that, cheers for the link.

Catching up to the other posts by you guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

No it wasn't

Have a look on YouTube, I'm not arsed posting links. Type in "nuke in Yemen" because people wrongly thought that it was a nuke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

lawred2 wrote: »
    Yes. 200k civilian deaths is nothing to be proud of.

Sure isn't but the Japanese were given plenty of chances to surrender. The Americans used the A-bomb out of need.

The carnage in Europe was waiting to happen all over again in Japan. They were the only who cultural would not stop and an invasion of Japan would have been a massive slaughter for all sides.

Lesser evil if you will but I wouldn't say it make its right, but it wasn't a pissing contest, it was a nasty war that needed to be ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Or....or....you'll call the INTERNET POLICE

Breaking News: "Obama MOAB frees hundreds of LBGTQIA Orphan Puppies from ISIS"

"ANOTHER TRUMP PLAGIARISM ROW: DONALD STEALS OBAMA'S PLAN TO END TERROR"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have a look on YouTube, I'm not arsed posting links. Type in "nuke in Yemen" because people wrongly thought that it was a nuke.

Seen it it's not a nuke or Moab ,

Nope it wasn't aimed at you. Just watch how the narrative changes once people realise this was Obama's baby....

Mental gymnastics will be fun to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

how it was first tested in 2003 and this is the first time it's actually been used. So how is it obamas baby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

Imagine if someone from that part of the world dropped a bomb that big outside New York somewhere. Is that how the Afghan people will see this?

Where can we see a true account of the real impact in terms of enemy Vs civilian lives lost. Any non-biased reporters that anyone is following?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

MOAB.jpg

Trust the man with the world's smallest hands to pick the bomb that looks like the world's biggest dildo.

Advertisement