Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in world dropped on Afghanistan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can't wait to see the video ,

Mother of all Bombs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

PucaMama wrote: »
    I think it's a step closer now because how will he top this attack?? There is nothing left only nuclear. Why are people not more afraid.

Nope he wont, and we have our iodine tablets so there's nothing to be afraid of, Enda is on the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's simply not possible to disassociate oneself from the product of ones work especially when that product is the death of others.

Her talents bring nothing good to the world.

Would you say the same about those who worked on the atomic bombs during ww2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

It's about 30 ft long

I doubt it weighs that much

It weigh just under 10 ton. Most is the "thermobaric" fuel load.

What puzzles me most is that the designer of these weapons(a female, as I mentioned) is also of Vietnamese origin. You'd imagine she had seen enough of the horrors of war not to want to add to it, but seemingly, no. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You cant bate a bit of faux outrage.

This wasnt targeted at a city or suburb but a cave network in the mountains.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »

Mother of all Bombs

Yea I say it be awesome :D:rolleyes::P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yes. 200k civilian deaths is nothing to be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Mother of all Bombs
    Don't even know what to say to that....every sarcastic thought that runs through my head seems too small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Mother Russia has a more powerful bomb called the FOAB or Father of all Bombs. The Russians have (correctly) sststed that it is more environmentally friendly than a nuclear device.

This is the US MOAB in use, probably smaller then the one dropped today.
    Allahu Akbar indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/us-drops-largest-nonnuclear-bomb-on-afghanistan-21000lb-moab-used-for-first-time-35621197.html

This world is a crazy place. Do they even give a damn for the innocent people who happen to live in that area

Do terrorists care about the innocent they kill?? Seen as most if not all are innocent. The bombs being dropped are to giving terrorist hideouts and locations. But for every terrorist killed maybe 10 innocents go with him.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    Are there nice bombs for those in the blast radius?

Yes. Love-Bombs. :D And water bombs, if the days warm. :cool:

Beyondgone wrote: »
    It weighs just under 10 ton. Most is the "thermobaric" fuel load.

What puzzles me most is that the designer of these weapons(a female, as I mentioned) is also of Vietnamese origin. You'd imagine she had seen enough of the horrors of war not to want to add to it, but seemingly, no. :confused:

That's her job , where she is from is irrelevant , don't know why your confused, nearly every country in the world has at one time or another gone through the horrors of wars.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Yeah, God love us and our faux outrage. You do realise that there are no unpopulated places. Shepherds and farmers and ordinary people would be living in these mountains. Off you go back to Netflix or whatever you were doing before we annoyed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

I think it's a step closer now because how will he top this attack?? There is nothing left only nuclear. Why are people not more afraid.

Nope he wont, and we have our iodine tablets so there's nothing to be afraid of, Enda is on the case.

Iodine tablets that have decayed for years in people's homes are useless. We are ****ed if it happens. I can never understand the lack of concern for the quickly escalating fighting. Nuclear is the next step.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Mother Russia has a more powerful bomb called the FOAB or Father of all Bombs. The Russians have (correctly) sststed that it is more environmentally friendly than a nuclear device.

Allahu Akbar indeed.

That's the father now we have the mother, dread to think what the children be like.

I'd say that about anyone who works on any sort of bomb tbh. You'd have to be a bit of a thoughtless gimp. Also, not a tad of outrage here. Just shooting the breeze in a dispassionatish manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Think of the carnage caused by the IRA bomb in Manchester in 1996. That was 2000lbs of explosives. This weapon was 10.5 times that size.

I'm getting a bit uneasy about the direction things are going at the moment in Syria, Afghanistan, Russia vs The West, IS and the terror attacks in Europe and if reports are to believed there could be a pretty serious flashpoint coming this weekend in North Korea. We could do with some cooler heads at the highest political levels at the moment and outside of Europe (who are fairly minor players in world events at the moment) I don't see any. You just hope we can avoid any fallout (pun may or may not be intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Iodine tablets that have decayed for years in people's homes are useless. We are ****ed if it happens. I can never understand the lack of concern for the quickly escalating fighting. Nuclear is the next step.

Relax noone is going to nuke you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yeah, God love us and our faux outrage. You do realise that there are no unpopulated places. Shepherds and farmers and ordinary people would be living in these mountains. Off you go back to Netflix or whatever you were doing before we annoyed you.

ISIS have innocent shepherds hanging around their cave networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Red Kev wrote: »

Allahu Akbar indeed.

Granny Of All Bombs. G. O. A. B.

Wayne Rooney special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

C9T2jgkXYAA93cp.jpg

Largest non-nuclear bomb in the world, but classified as a small nuke apparently

Well done to President Trump, he said he was going to tackle ISIS and once again he's proven that he is a man of his word.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

GavRedKing wrote: »

Given that we're a week after criticising the use of chemical weapons in Syria..... It seems fair to question the use of this particular bomb.
    Well done to President Trump, he said he was going to tackle ISIS and once again he's proven that he is a man of his word.

Can you explain to me how this will actually damage Isis? They're not a standard organisation, it adds to their propaganda and I'll guarantee that recruitment will go about as a result of it.

ISIS have innocent shepherds hanging around their cave networks?

Do you know what...if there were 40 or 50 terrorists holed up in those caves I'd say it would have been a busy day. Do you think terrorists fight their Jihad by living permanently in deep caves in remote areas? It doesn't even make sense. Like some great big IS kumbaya commune in the feckin middle of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭XsApollo

It's a sh*t bomb

This is a bomb.

C9T2jgkXYAA93cp.jpg

Largest non-nuclear bomb in the world, but classified as a small nuke apparently

Yeah a quick google shows she is completely impartial...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Hope they enjoy a few more of those to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah a quick google shows she is completely impartial...

Doesn't matter how impartial or not she is, are the facts correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Relax noone is going to nuke you.
    You do realise if nuclear bombs are used the affects won't be confined to the place bombed??

Advertisement