Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 210 - Cormier vs. Johnson 2 - Sun April 9th- 3am Main Card GMT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Cormier by Submission
    Be made a no contest I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

If the ref didn't stop it Weidman was getting his second horrible knockout in a few months and probably be considering retirement and Gegard is in the mix for a title fight.

Now what will happen is Weidman can make excuses for the loss and Gegard gets screwed over and be forced to have a rematch.
    Gegards off to belator now id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »

It shouldn't be though.

It's the refs fault. The doctors stopped the fight because they have no idea what the rules are. No replays allowed in New York. The whole New York commission is and always will be a joke

By why did he stop the fight did he think he was concussed?
    Ref stopped the fight because he thought they were ilegal knees. Doctors called off the fight because they have no ideas of the rules and reckoned Weidmann couldn't carry on anyway. If the ref didn't stop the fight Weidmann was still done for

It's the refs fault. The doctors stopped the fight because they have no idea what the rules are. No replays allowed in New York. The whole New York commission is and always will be a joke

By why did he stop the fight did he think he was concussed?
    Ref stopped the fight because he thought they were ilegal knees. Doctors called off the fight because they have no ideas of the rules and reckoned Weidmann couldn't carry on anyway. If the ref didn't stop the fight Weidmann was still done for

• Advertisement

It shouldn't be though.
    And it won't be...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Come on Rumble

I just read on twitter that the doctors told Miragliota that Weidmann answered the protocol questions wrong which is why it was called off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭The White Feather

You would think the UFC, commissions and refs unions or groupings would go through these things so they know what to do. Even stage different things that can happen so they have an idea what to do.

Like toes in cage, cage breaking, ref stops it accidentally, low blows, ice on cage floor. I know they can't think of everything but go through these things at least and think of other stuff.

At least have the protocol in place rather than everyone looking around. I think everyone wanted that to restart. Weidman wouldn't have lasted long more but at least he would lose in the fight not getting stopped like that. Of course maybe he could have caught mousasi with something too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Ref at fault yes, doctor no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dc going to sleep I think

Cormier by Submission
    Moron rumble is

rumble wtf

Scramble rumble ffs

Cormier by Submission
    Hope DC smashes this absolute gob****e now, the worse fight IQ off all time.

Has rumble just decided he wants to take DC down?

Big John bored of D.C.'s wrestling already. Rumble straight into the clinch.. Christ what is his

D.C. With the broken shnozzer

Cormier by Submission
    Not sure how DC is 5/4 in running here, Rumble has no chance.

DC is a beast. Rumble is an idiot.

• Advertisement

Cormier by Submission
    LOL worse title performance of all time I would say from Rumble glad he lost.

Cormier by Submission
    Not sure how DC is 5/4 in running here, Rumble has no chance.

WTF was Johnson doing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Delighted for DC!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Johnson by KO/TKO
    Jesus Christ, Rumble.

How many times can a man get tapped by RNC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cormier by Decision
    Love DC

My fave was Rumble going for the takedown multiple times.

So... I'm fighting one of the greatest wrestlers in MMA history... I know, I'll try and wrestle with him, that should work!

Pillock.

Fantastic performance by D.C. Rumble is awful. He's a lump who can throw a punch

Not looking forward to Jon Jones DC ham-fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Johnson by KO/TKO
    And now Rumble retires. Going out on a shocking performance like that is a bit odd.

Advertisement