Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

20Cent wrote: »
    Interesting juxtaposition between the alt right and antifa reaction to ISIS. Alt right turn on innocent Muslims the easiest no risk target. Antifa head over to fight them taking back town's the hardest target.

Are those people in the article Antifa?
    Have you confirmation that nobody that you would consider alt-right decided to join the army on the back of terrorism?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Maybe the US should just withdraw all their troops and let Antifa take back all of the ISIS strongholds seeing as they seem to have swung it all by themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

wes wrote: »
    I don't see how much more of a Nazi Richard Spenser could be, but you seemingly deny the obvious.

I think this comment probably highlights one of the biggest problems in the "Right vs Left" battle.

You've resorted to hyperbole when it would simply be enough to point out that Richard Spenser is a bit of a clown with stupid viewpoints and potentially dangerous ideas.

I doubt that he is actually a Nazi in the literal sense.

But now you end up in an argument over semantics because you refuse to just say "OK, maybe he isn't actually a Nazi". Instead you are doubling down by saying you don't see how much more of a Nazi he could possibly be.

The conversation becomes basically "accept the label that I am applying to this person or be prepared to argue in circles indefinitely".

You are dumbing down the conversation. The only question I have is whether or not you are doing it deliberately?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

NinjaKirby wrote: »
    I think this comment probably highlights one of the biggest problems in the "Right vs Left" battle.

You've resorted to hyperbole when it would simply be enough to point out that Richard Spenser is a big of a clown with stupid viewpoints and potentially dangerous ideas.

I doubt that he is actually a Nazi in the literal sense.

Its not hyperbole, the guy is a Neo Nazi.

Again, here is a video of him Sieg Heiling Trump:

But now you end up in an argument over semantics because you refuse to just say "OK, maybe he isn't actually a Nazi". Instead you are doubling down by saying you don't see how much more of a Nazi he could possibly be.

The conversation becomes basically "accept the label that I am applying to this person or be prepared to argue in circles indefinitely".

Except it isn't. I backed up what I was saying and countered the claims that I was wrong. About the only thing I did wrong, was not use the word Neo, which I taught wasn't needed, as clearly someone born in the late 70's wasn't an actual member of the German Nazi party. BTW, I wasn't the one who started the arguement in regards to symatics, but I did start saying Neo Nazi for those who are pedants.
    You are dumbing down the conversation. The only question I have is whether or not you are doing it deliberately?

I can't quite fanthom, how it inaccurate to call a guy who we have video of them Sieg Heiling, a Neo Nazi. What I do see as dumbing down the conversation is someone, who ignores what someone says and puts words in there mouths. You simply haven't addressed anything I have said, and instead argueing around what was said, and how it was said instead.

BTW, this isn't a left vs right debate. Neo Nazi's aren't really part of the main stream right, and most of the main stream right detest them, like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Are those people in the article Antifa?
    Have you confirmation that nobody that you would consider alt-right decided to join the army on the back of terrorism?

There are antifa flags flying in towns liberated from ISIS. Not seeing any pepe the frog ones if there are be sure to post it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Maybe we should start a crowd funding campaign to fly Antifa folk to Syria and Iraq?

It will save us money in he long term for policing their violence and mental health services.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

This is hilarious, fair play to anyone out there, bit foolhardy but brave nonetheless, but to say this is antifa fighting isis is ridiculous, its like spotlighting nra members in the us military, finding a few, then using this to say the nra defeated the taliban :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They posted a few flags over to a bunch of deranged commies, got them to take a picture of them with the flag and then say they are fighting ISIS :pac:

Whenever you do see those pics too you can see the flags are straight out of the pack, brand new.

Depp wrote: »
    This is hilarious, fair play to anyone out there, bit foolhardy but brave nonetheless, but to say this is antifa fighting isis is ridiculous, its like spotlighting nra members in the us military, finding a few, then using this to say the nra defeated the taliban :D:D

No its not like that at all.
    If a load of nra members made up their own brigade intependently of the US army and went to fight ISIS it would be comparable.

They posted a few flags over to a bunch of deranged commies, got them to take a picture of them with the flag and then say they are fighting ISIS :pac:

Whenever you do see those pics too you can see the flags are straight out of the pack, brand new.

There is an antifascist brigade.
    The flag looks clean ffs.

• Advertisement

No its not like that at all.
    If a load of nra members made up their own brigade intependently of the US army and went to fight ISIS it would be comparable.

There is no ''antifa brigade'' fighting isis...there are several antifa volunteers embedded in units fighting isis fair enough but don't spout nonsense

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Interesting juxtaposition between the alt right and antifa reaction to ISIS. Alt right turn on innocent Muslims the easiest no risk target. Antifa head over to fight them taking back town's the hardest target.

But but but they are cowards. Cowards

There is no ''antifa brigade'' fighting isis...there are several antifa volunteers embedded in units fighting isis fair enough but don't spout nonsense

A unit called Antifascist International Tabur modeled on the international volunteers who fought Franco.

A unit called Antifascist International Tabur modeled on the international volunteers who fought Franco.

im 90% sure this is either a flat out lie or a unit with a few volunteers that changed the name...there is Zero evidence these exist save for a few photo-ops of masked men with flags

im 90% sure this is either a flat out lie or a unit with a few volunteers that changed the name...there is Zero evidence these exist save for a few photo-ops of masked men with flags

They are a bit busy fighting ISIS to do a college tour picking on transexual kids.

https://insurrectionnewsworldwide.com/2016/12/21/rojava-new-international-battalion-formed-antifascist-internationalist-tabur/

fine, reputable news source right there...any more ''evidence'' :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Yeah but that doesnt mean their the same as the clowns running around causing trouble named Antifa
    & its not just anti-facists either

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Yeah but that doesnt mean their the same as the clowns running around causing trouble named Antifa

And their flag is suspiciously clean.

Give it up man.

Plus they're self identifying communists too so they're still deranged

Plus they're self identifying communists too so they're still deranged

Some of them.
    Still takes courage to put your money where your mouth is like that, gotta give them that.

Heard milo missed a manicure appointment once he is also making sacrifices.

• Advertisement

Give it up man.

You gave a report based off a twitter account called ''lenin_lover69'' and an ''article'' off the most obvious propoganda wordpress blog I have ever seen as evidence. The ''antifa brigade'' is fiction.

Some of them.
    Still takes courage to put your money where your mouth is like that, gotta give them that.

Heard milo missed a manicure appointment once he is also making sacrifices.

Yeah fair play to them! same courage that anyone who joins any branch of the military shows by joining. Sick burn on milo btw fair play.

Just out of interest, are you an antifa member or just a supporter?

You gave a report based off a twitter account called ''lenin_lover69'' and an ''article'' off the most obvious propoganda wordpress blog I have ever seen as evidence. The ''antifa brigade'' is fiction.

Follow them on the twitter machine at @AntifaTabur which I posted already.

Follow them on the twitter machine at @AntifaTabur which I posted already.

same collection of masked men posing with the flag with the odd token white face thrown in...far from conclusive, you need to take twitter accs like this with a pinch of salt. Dont doubt there are a handful of antifa fighters out there and fair play to those guys, but its not really relevent to the conversation about antifa actions on the whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

When people opposed to fascism are the new fascists.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVUBD_VUEAQCTKF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Give it up man.

So what though, what about the bikers from Germany & the Netherlands??
    So a few Antifa members may be out fighting ISIS but you refuse to acknowledge the bikers & in turn you have a go at Milo for not going out to fight :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Who gives a ****, they are communist dirt.

So what though, what about the bikers from Germany & the Netherlands??
    So a few Antifa members may be out fighting ISIS but you refuse to acknowledge the bikers & in turn you have a go at Milo for not going out to fight :rolleyes:

What about them?

A lot of posts in this thread slagging antifa even some fake news stories just offering some balance if thats ok with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Seems to be a bit of a kerfuffle in Berkeley today. As was predicted the so called 'punch a nazi' antics was bound to result in violence from the other side. Particularly when the definition of nazi was so loose. Basically anyone who disagreed with antifa and the liberal agenda was a nazi. Pretty sad the way violence is beginning to spread now.

• Advertisement

not so brave when people fight back it seems!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement