Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

red ears wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit of a kerfuffle in Berkeley today. As was predicted the so called 'punch a nazi' antics was bound to result in violence from the other side. Particularly when the definition of nazi was so loose. Basically anyone who disagreed with antifa and the liberal agenda was a nazi. Pretty sad the way violence is beginning to spread now.

Oh joy, after years of hard-left violent activists prowling the streets administering extra-judicial beatings, they've gone and created for themselves a rival group on the hard-right happy to answer their antics in kind. So glad that instead of society taking a responsible line and shutting down Antifa-esque groups in the first place, we can now look forward to running battles between the two groups...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Yeah "Free Speech Advocates".

C9fQWueU0AAZFlk.jpg

C9e6f9SUMAAZN8q.jpg:large

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

red ears wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit of a kerfuffle in Berkeley today. As was predicted the so called 'punch a nazi' antics was bound to result in violence from the other side. Particularly when the definition of nazi was so loose. Basically anyone who disagreed with antifa and the liberal agenda was a nazi. Pretty sad the way violence is beginning to spread now.

At 00:31 is that a girl getting punched in the fact by that guy?

Yeah, and the guy with Jesus will judge you laying into people as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

20Cent wrote: »

so thats 3 neonazis by my counting and there was a speech by the protest organizers denouncing these guys and asking them to leave :D...did anyone get any pictures of how many antifa members displayed the hammer and sickle? you know the symbol of europes other totalitarian regime responsible for the death of millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where are the Blues Brothers when you need them? They would have just run those nazis off a bridge,

C9e8000XYAEDTGk.jpg

what about all the girls pepper sprayed and assaulted by antifa terrorists? just face it, you're defending scum, leave it go

C9e8000XYAEDTGk.jpg

ah right so thats 4 then, not gunna comment on them being denounced by the protesters and asked to leave or are you gunna keep pushing the false narrative it was a nazi rally?

• Advertisement

Looks like that Domingo guy did it

just to clarify aswel. not defending any neo-nazis, they are scum, same as the antifa communists that glorify stalin and the ussr

If it's not him it's his twin. Could be about to land himself I should a lot of trouble if it's proven it is him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

You know who I hate?

Those antifascist b*stards who liberated Auschwitz in 1945....

What a load of violent pr*cks, what was their problem?

Dont they know that it's only OK to hate nazis as long as you dont do anything about it.

The white supremacist guy in the video above is the same fella that punched the girl.

C9fUrQEUMAAh0CF.jpg

C9fUrQGU0AAwymA.jpg

Not nazi's yeah:
    C9fDuSpXgAE4uoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Glenster wrote: »
    You know who I hate?

Those antifascist b*stards who liberated Auschwitz in 1945....

What a load of violent pr*cks, what was their problem?

Dont they know that it's only OK to hate nazis as long as you dont do anything about it.

Antifa and Anti-fascist are not the same thing.

If it's not him it's his twin. Could be about to land himself I should a lot of trouble if it's proven it is him.
    Shouldn't be too hard to prove, assuming the girl brings it to the police

The white supremacist guy in the video above is the same fella that punched the girl.

C9fUrQEUMAAh0CF.jpg

C9fUrQGU0AAwymA.jpg

Not nazi's yeah:
    C9fDuSpXgAE4uoo.jpg

that guys a scumbag, but how does that mean antifa communists are in the right here? as Ive asked several times and youve ignored? how do you feel about the protesters denouncing these guys and asking them to leave?

Antifa and Anti-fascist are not the same thing.

OK.

They're a bit the same thing though. Thats what they say they are. Thats where the name comes from. and thats why they're fighting with neo nazis on the streets.

From an account with an agenda but the photos seem pretty conclusive.

https://www.twitter.com/cameren_h/status/853395838776770560

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

OK.

They're a bit the same thing though. Thats what they say they are. Thats where the name comes from. and thats why they're fighting with neo nazis on the streets.

And they will also fight you if you said something like... oh I don't know "maybe multiculturalism on a large scale isn't the greatest idea in the world and it can bring problems"
    You don't have to be a neo-nazi just a regular Joe Bloggs with a differing opinion.

And they will also fight you if you said something like... oh I don't know "maybe multiculturalism on a large scale isn't the greatest idea in the world and it can bring problems"
    You don't have to be a neo-nazi just a regular Joe Bloggs with a differing opinion.

but a regular joe bloggs with a differing opinion is a neo-nazi, thats how it works

OK.

Isis say theyre soldiers sent by allah to rid the world of infidels...people arent always what they say they are.

You can be against fascism without being alligned with terrorist groups like antifa or glorifying the murderous ussr

I've never seen that, I've seen them fighting white supremacists though.

Are you confusing disagreeing with fighting?

I've never seen that, I've seen them fighting white supremacists though.

Are you confusing disagreeing with fighting?

so antifa have only ever been violent against white supremacists then? just because you say someones a white supremacist doesn't make them one :D

Depp wrote: »
    so antifa have only ever been violent against white supremacists then? just because you say someones a white supremacist doesn't make them one :D

Dont know about ever.

Lads were doing the nazi salute in the video attached though. That seems fairly conclusive to me.

bit of a long video and the quality is a bit potato-ey but 1:08 or so in the guy who organised the rally talks about the white nationalists who infiltrated the rally and goes on to make a speech denouncing them.

Dont know about ever.

Lads were doing the nazi salute in the video attached though. That seems fairly conclusive to me.

they were there in small numbers and not attached to the protest. Organisers made a speech denouncing them and asking them to leave...was everyone in attendance a nazi?

From an account with an agenda but the photos seem pretty conclusive.

https://www.twitter.com/cameren_h/status/853395838776770560

Why are they called Identitiy Evropa? They seem to be purely american

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    they were there in small numbers and not attached to the protest. Organisers made a speech denouncing them and asking them to leave...was everyone in attendance a nazi?

Dunno, maybe. Some of them were.

If a nazi is in a crowd of people does it make him not a nazi?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement