Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Disappointing lack of dreadlocks.

That would be cultural appropriation. Big no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Help!!!! wrote: »
    ohhhh those EDL are so racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URDdi60sg0Q

Yeah they are racist actually. Having the odd mixed race member or an alliance with a small religious group doesn't preclude you from racism and bigotry. The EDL is rooted in jingoistic lumpen fascism of which a type has always existed in Britain. Once it was embodied in the National Front, then the BNP and nowadays the EDL. It's the same as it always was too, copious amounts of St George's flags and Union Jacks backed up with football hooligan types who hate others.

It's leaders and financial backers have a long history in neo-fascist politics.

Anyone portraying them as a somewhat legitimate reaction as opposed to the cretins they actually are is either a f*ckin dope or being wilfully deceptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

FTA69 wrote: »
    Yeah they are racist actually. Having the odd mixed race member or an alliance with a small religious group doesn't preclude you from racism and bigotry. The EDL is rooted in jingoistic lumpen fascism of which a type has always existed in Britain. Once it was embodied in the National Front, then the BNP and nowadays the EDL. It's the same as it always was too, copious amounts of St George's flags and Union Jacks backed up with football hooligan types who hate others.

It's leaders and financial backers have a long history in neo-fascist politics.

Anyone portraying them as a somewhat legitimate reaction as opposed to the cretins they actually are is either a f*ckin dope or being wilfully deceptive.

Think whatever you like but I have never had a problem with them. They were formed to combat the spread of Islamism.
    I think we in Ireland have been lucky up to now that we have never had towns taken over by Muslims. Imagine the town you grew up in, the locals slowly being pushed out, the council doing everything it can for the Muslims but not the locals, maybe you might be the same way. The liberals are part of the problem as well, from the start they painted them with the same brush as the BNP. Question immigration or Islam & you are automatically a racist. So if a group of Irish protest against Islamism & march with the tri-colour are they automatically racist as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

Always worth reposting to show just what a great lad he is, the manner in which he is able to debate in such a clear, concise, intelligent and mature manner is striking. He's a credit to all the students who spent over a decade in NUIG studying about how the entire world is out to get them.

"Get the **** off my campus. I've been on this campus for ten years"

Ten years at college, says it all really :pac::pac::pac: Is there anyone prominent on the radical left who actually held down a job for most of their adulthood or do they consistently just shunt between the classroom and the dole queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They were not airsoft guns. Some of them might have been but almost all of them were real guns. Airzona is an open carry state, anyone can walk around with a riffle and there's nothing the cops can do.

They most definitely are airsoft guns.

On a side point, do you think a gang of hard liner lefties are going to support the ownership firearms like that?

• Advertisement

As I said above the EDL are the latest manifestation of a tradition that includes the BNP. Their founder Tommy "How am I a racist?" Morrison was a member of that organisation as was their earliest financial backer.

Morrison himself even says he moved out of them as they had become openly neo-Nazi in many parts of the country. Fascism is the same redundant sh*te it always was, the EDL is nothing new in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Ten years at college, says it all really :pac::pac::pac:

Can really see why marxist collectivism would suit a guy like that!

Ten years at college, says it all really :pac::pac::pac:

You shouldnt take the piss the poor lads obviously got a form of Tourette's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

You shouldnt take the piss the poor lads obviously got a form of Tourette's

If it is a grounds for a disability payment I wouldn't bet against it. They'd remind you of a cross between Frank Gallagher and Student Grant from Viz.

If it is a grounds for a disability payment I wouldn't bet against it. They'd remind you of a cross between Frank Gallagher and Student Grant from Viz.

What jersey is he wearing? Palestine??

• Advertisement

What jersey is he wearing? Palestine??

yeah i think so...very active anti zionist which I find hilarious.

Depp wrote: »
    yeah i think so...very active anti zionist which I find hilarious.

Students that spend that long in Uni are a funny old bunch, becoming activists to save the world when they've never left school

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

As I said above the EDL are the latest manifestation of a tradition that includes the BNP. Their founder Tommy "How am I a racist?" Morrison was a member of that organisation as was their earliest financial backer.

Morrison himself even says he moved out of them as they had become openly neo-Nazi in many parts of the country. Fascism is the same redundant sh*te it always was, the EDL is nothing new in that regard.

Is Robinson racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,262 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Students that spend that long in Uni are a funny old bunch, becoming activists to save the world when they've never left school

Probably easier to get hungover arts students to nod and agree with their ramblings. That ilk aren't ever ready for the real world.

Is Robinson racist?

No, he's just against the Islamification of Europe but the liberals will always paint him as one.
    Look at some of his interviews on youtube & make your own mind up

Is Robinson racist?

I believe so. He was a former member of the BNP after all, content to hang around in that organisation for a period. I find it laughable that one year he's in an organisation ranting about blacks and Jews and the next he's suddenly a non-bigoted chap with some legitimate gripes against Islam.

Personally I think he's an egotist more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The majority are university students brain washed by their lecturers, lecturers who are so scared of the real world they stay in school their whole lives & pretend their in kindergarden with their safe spaces

Apart from Gerard Casey, I don't think I ever had a lecturer whose political views weren't "middle-of-the-road".

Even if you agree with his bigoted nonsense, you can't disagree with the fact he's a f*cking lout with convictions for football hooliganism and boxing a cop for intervening in an incident with him and his missus. I'm sure he was done for fraud as well recently. He's a tramp.

Even if you agree with his bigoted nonsense, you can't disagree with the fact he's a f*cking lout with convictions for football hooliganism and boxing a cop for intervening in an incident with him and his missus. I'm sure he was done for fraud as well recently. He's a tramp.

which bigoted nonsense is this? true the guy has a spotty past but I don't believe that takes away someones voice. Know several at involved in the water protests going on at the minute with long lists of convictions, do they not deserve to be there?

I believe so. He was a former member of the BNP after all, content to hang around in that organisation for a period. I find it laughable that one year he's in an organisation ranting about blacks and Jews and the next he's suddenly a non-bigoted chap with some legitimate gripes against Islam.

Personally I think he's an egotist more than anything.

the same organization he left because he felt it was becoming too racist?

• Advertisement

which bigoted nonsense is this? true the guy has a spotty past but I don't believe that takes away someones voice.

We hes f***ing very f***ing good at f***ing using his f***ing voice loudly. No one else should f***ing use theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Why cant people hold their f'ing cameras at the right orientation??

You dont watch TV with it turned on its side so why use your camera like that?

Landscape mode not portrait mode.

Annoys me.

pjohnson wrote: »
    We hes f***ing very f***ing good at f***ing using his f***ing voice loudly. No one else should f***ing use theirs

so he curses too much then thats your problem? Look the guy is far from perfect definitely but he raises some valid points that you cant just dismiss by falsely calling him a racist without evidence.

so he curses too much then thats your problem? Look the guy is far from perfect definitely but he raises some valid points that you cant just dismiss by falsely calling him a racist without evidence.

There is evidence in that video lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That would be cultural appropriation. Big no-no.

Cack, are mohawks still acceptable?

the same organization he left because he felt it was becoming too racist?

I think that fascism in Britain has generally realised that it needs to move away from the monkey chants and Paki bashing side of things as that has no real currency anymore so instead they'll latch on to the Islam stuff as a way of gaining credibility. It's the same bullsh*t in a slightly different package and a single scapegoat instead of all foreigners for a change.

I have difficulty believing someone with a past in the openly-racist BNP, the EDL with its football hooligan jingoism and now Pegida (featuring more Nazi types) is just a genuine rough diamond. He's a typical far right lout but because he pipes up some platitudes about Islam that tap into certain people's fears or worries they're quick to make excuses for him.

I think that fascism in Britain has generally realised that it needs to move away from the monkey chants and Paki bashing side of things as that has no real currency anymore so instead they'll latch on to the Islam stuff as a way of gaining credibility. It's the same bullsh*t in a slightly different package and a single scapegoat instead of all foreigners for a change.

I have difficulty believing someone with a past in the openly-racist BNP, the EDL with its football hooligan jingoism and now Pegida (featuring more Nazi types) is just a genuine rough diamond. He's a typical far right lout but because he pipes up some platitudes about Islam that tap into certain people's fears or worries they're quick to make excuses for him.

So humans have no ability to change over the course of time then no? Look I agree with you the guys far from a saint but he makes a valid point about a dangerous ideology (islamism) and bringing up his past doesn't refute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

So your complaint is that the 'Fascists' have stopped being Fascist, but we need to keep treating them as the Brownshirts zombie cousin because...well presumably we need someone to call racist?

Cack, are mohawks still acceptable?

They never were...:D

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    There is evidence in that video lol

yeah? care to point that out to me? watched the video and didnt spot any...was it the bit where he was shaking hands with the sikh guys or something else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement