Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

20Cent wrote: »
    Haven't called anyone alt right. Calm down snowflake :)

Of course you did. And that's more childish name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

But back to anti-fa, how come American anti fascism isn't opposed to American imperialism? Where's the protests about Syria? About Yemen?

there was a video posted a few pages ago where they actually broke up an anti intervention in syria protest because it was organized by someone they didnt like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Why haven't antifa cured cancer or cut my lawn yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

That's probably not what you would expect left wing anti fascists to do. However anti fascists should be opposing the US, which is in terms of its foreign policy, fascistic. Historically and today.

I'm old enough to remember when the left used to oppose us foreign policy interventions not authorised by the UN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The more pertinent question is.

Why have Antifa not found the Holy Grail yet?

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    there was a video posted a few pages ago where they actually broke up an anti intervention in syria protest because it was organized by someone they didnt like!

By someone they didn't like, you are refering to the white supremacist richard spencer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Immigration has really only come up as a topic in the last page or 2.
    Sounds like another attempt to shut down discussion...

Really? What other issues are the two sides arguing about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Really? What other issues are the two sides arguing about then?

Read the thread.

Still basically an immigration issue though. Spencer doesn't want the refugees.

• Advertisement

So what if he doesn't want them? lot of people don't, why wasn't he allowed to protest us intervention in syria?

So what if he doesn't want them? lot of people don't, why wasn't he allowed to protest us intervention in syria?

So what? You were just claiming that the thread wasn't focused on immigration.

By someone they didn't like, you are refering to the white supremacist richard spencer?

Obviously, but why did they break up a protest against us intervention in syria? are they pro-intervention? or was it more petty bs just because spencer was running it?

So what? You were just claiming that the thread wasn't focused on immigration.

Its not, bar the last few pages its been a discussion about antifa, as suggested by the thread title, the immigration discussion was largely finished, you brought it back up.

Read the thread.

I have. The root issue underlining the entire thread is immigration.

Obviously, but why did they break up a protest against us intervention in syria? are they pro-intervention? or was it more petty bs just because spencer was running it?

Because Spencer and his crew was running it obviously.

the core discussion is the actions of antifa, motivations for such actions have come up, why are you so set on getting this thread closed down?

Because Spencer and his crew was running it obviously.

thats a bit childish and petty wouldnt you agree? shut down a protest against something you are also against because you disagree with the organizers on other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

No it's not.

thats a bit childish and petty wouldnt you agree? shut down a protest against something you are also against because you disagree with the organizers on other issues.

No. If he was handing free kittens to blind orphans he should be confronted.

• Advertisement

No. If he was handing free kittens to blind orphans he should be confronted.

so what then? just follow him around throwing glitter at him for the rest of his life just cause he said some things you disagree with? why not just lock him up at that stage be a lot handier!

so what then? just follow him around throwing glitter at him for the rest of his life just cause he said some things you disagree with? why not just lock him up at that stage be a lot handier!

Pretty much hound him whenever he tries to promote his white supremacist ideology in public. Don't think he could be locked up, maybe for hate speech.

Pretty much hound him whenever he tries to promote his white supremacist ideology in public. Don't think he could be locked up, maybe for hate speech.

what about when hes promoting his anti intervention in syria ideology?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

If you look at the title of the thread I think you'll agree that its purpose is not a reasoned discussion on immigration is it?

Listen everyone else in here is happy to leave this as is, if you dont like it then dont post in here

the core discussion is the actions of antifa, motivations for such actions have come up, why are you so set on getting this thread closed down?

Its discussing each sides reaction to the dispute over immigration.

And so I suggest it should be part of an immigration thread.

Can you stop trolling the thread....no one cares what you want. You are not a moderator

you literally argued against yourself there, yes its about antifas actions to disputes, therefore its not discussing immigration and doesnt belong in an immigration thread, ill ask again, why are you so adamant that this thread should be closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Can you stop trolling the thread....no one cares what you want. You are not a moderator

Either are you.

Either are you.

Yes but I'm not trying to move the thread to immigration

• Advertisement

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Listen everyone else in here is happy to leave this as is, if you dont like it then dont post in here

I'm just saying it would be a lot more honest to admit the issue is actually Immigration isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement