Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is this thread even still about Antifa or has it been derailed by a discussion on immigration?

I think it's because its the only topic the "alt right" are able to discuss. They're scared of women and immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

:D

/pol/ News Network†@polNewsNet · 3h3 hours ago

 More

Whenever I start to wonder if AntiFa may pose a threat, I see posts like this and realize they are helpless beyond hope.

C-LbWM8XoAE3Z3U.jpg:small

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Depp wrote: »
    Everyone wants to go to marches and chant but no-one wants to volunteer at shelters to actually help people.

Probably seen stories like these:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/alexandra-mezher-woman-22-stabbed-to-death-during-fight-at-shelter-for-teenage-refugees-in-sweden-a6834071.html

https://www.thelocal.se/20110311/32538

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I think it's because its the only topic the "alt right" are able to discuss. They're scared of women and immigrants.

Who on here is "alt right"??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Help!!!! wrote: »

anyone who disagrees with antifa basically, we're all alt-right fascist nazis :D:D

• Advertisement

Two sides of a similar coin.

College kids grappling with politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

It was an ad homimen attack. Report.

Two sides of a similar coin.

College kids grappling with politics.

I'm not a college kid. I asked 20Cent how many we should take in because I wanted to hear from someone who thinks people who question immigration are fascists

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

I'm not a college kid. I asked 20Cent how many we should take in because I wanted to hear from someone who thinks people who question immigration are fascists

No point asking me then.

20Cent wrote: »
    No point asking me then.

But you are Antifa??

• Advertisement

This thread should be merged into an immigration thread.

They are just trying to justify racist far right party policies with the "why don't they live in your house" argumemt.

No in shouldnt, it is about Antifa. I wanted to know from our Pro Antifa posters what their views on immigration were & how many we should take in.

They are just trying to justify racist far right party policies with the "why don't they live in your house" argumemt.

See that is wrong, so you do think everyone questioning immigration as racist/fascist?

Why? its an antifa thread, views on immigration are relevant to antifas ideology, thats why it came up

No in shouldnt, it is about Antifa. I wanted to know from our Pro Antifa posters what their views on immigration were & how many we should take in.

This whole thread is about immigration.

There's nothing else to it.

Neither side has anything to say on Taxes, trade, employment, healthcare.

This whole thread is about immigration.

There's nothing else to it.

Neither side has anything to say on Taxes, trade, employment, healthcare.

this thread has nearly a thousand posts, barely any of them have anything to do with immigration. the point of the thread is to discuss a group using violence and intimidation to shut up people with different opinions, why does that belong in an immigration thread?

this thread has nearly a thousand posts, barely any of them have anything to do with immigration. the point of the thread is to discuss a group using violence and intimidation to shut up people with different opinions, why does that belong in an immigration thread?

Because the opinions that are being argued over are opinions about immigration.

Nothing else.

See that is wrong, so you do think everyone questioning immigration as racist/fascist?

I don't at all.

Because the opinions that are being argued over are opinions about immigration.

Nothing else.

so because antifa violence is pro immigration there shouldnt be a thread to discuss antifa rioting and throwing fireworks indiscriminately into crowds of people they disagree with?

• Advertisement

More generalised ad homimens. Despite calling everybody who disagrees with you an "alt right" like a child, serious questions on how refugees should be housed as dismissed as "far right".

You have no argument expect personal attacks and abuse.

My feeling on the refugee crisis is that we should meet our obligations on the 4000 but do so with private housing only, given the existing crisis.

I don't at all.

That's not at all clear from the way you argue.

so because antifa violence is pro immigration there shouldnt be a thread to discuss antifa rioting and throwing fireworks indiscriminately into crowds of people they disagree with?

You're just parroting the views of one side in an argument over immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Immigration has really only come up as a topic in the last page or 2.
    Sounds like another attempt to shut down discussion...

If you look at the title of the thread I think you'll agree that its purpose is not a reasoned discussion on immigration is it?

If you look at the title of the thread I think you'll agree that its purpose is not a reasoned discussion on immigration is it?

No, its to ridicule an ''organization'' of morons who want to larp as revolutionaries

hence why it doesnt belong in an immigration thread

Conversations move on. Btw it's against the charter to moderate this forum unless you are a moderator yourself.

More generalised ad homimens. Despite calling everybody who disagrees with you an "alt right" like a child, serious questions on how refugees should be housed as dismissed as "far right".

My feeling on the refugee crisis is that we should meet our obligations on the 4000 but do so with private housing only, given the existing crisis.

Haven't called anyone alt right. Calm down snowflake :)

But back to anti-fa, how come American anti fascism isn't opposed to American imperialism? Where's the protests about Syria? About Yemen?

• Advertisement

Haven't called anyone alt right. Calm down snowflake :)

nah not alt-right, just fascists and nazis :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement