Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual Harassment Caught on Video

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

They were dead right to film it. Who knows what kind of crackpot allegations she could have made against them and what they'd have to go through to clear their name.

Tbf, they only recorded one side of it. We actually don't know what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

pilly wrote: »
    Tbf, they only recorded one side of it. We actually don't know what they were doing.

Who cares what they were doing? Her behaviour was totally unnaceptable. I'm not a fan of PDA myself, but get over it ffs. Get your food and piss off home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

As far as I can make out the police were called, so really after that, her mental health shouldn't be any concern of these people waiting in queue.
    Your man was right to keep filming as things were starting to get physical towards the end, and this person, mental illness or not, was likely to give a very twisted version of events to the police, had it evolved into physical assault.

It's not really dragging the a$s out of the situation.

And publishing it on Youtube ? Yeah, maybe not the nicest thing to do, but something that is now part of our lives. The good like the bad get posted. It may prevent some bad.

The only person I saw on the phone was the ranting woman but I could've missed it. If she rang them herself it's not much use, the staff should have, then ignored her if they could not make her leave.

Things got physical in two ways, the ranting woman walked too close to the couple but made no move to touch them, and a different man who the ranting woman insulted, walked up to her and shoved her. Ranting woman should be charged with whatever the law calls verbal abuse/hate speech for the racist remark, and she should be assessed by a psychologist, because she had a very extended outburst. He should be charged with assault.

Videoing it and then posting it indicated something else, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on harassment and bullying.

For anyone that missed it the video depicts a situation in a late night takeaway restaurant in the US where an attractive slim young couple obviously in love while waiting to order grub get harassed by another female customer, an unkempt dowdy looking nose-ringed pony-tailed Donald Trump supporter type, who starts mouthing off in an extreme fashion to the lovely couple in protest at their public display of affection for each other.

The thing says goes on to claim that she is being sexually harassed by the couple for no other reason than she herself is in eyesight of the couple and that the slim woman's actions is tantamount to behaving like a prostitute, indeed that she is one, and proceeds to call the police to have the lovely couple arrested. The couple remain surprisingly calm throughout the incident where it ends by the woman eventually departing the venue.

There appears to be disagreement as to whether the Trump supporter has some mental issues that caused her outburst or if she's just a sad individual with a chip on her shoulder. My assessment would be the latter and the video serves as a damming indictment of a large proportion of the Trump supporting US of A.

J Mysterio wrote:
    Who cares what they were doing? Her behaviour was totally unnaceptable. I'm not a fan of PDA myself, but get over it ffs. Get your food and piss off home.

No I agree, she totally over reacted. I just hate this passive aggressive attitude of taping people.

• Advertisement

Can I use the fact I may be mentally ill as an excuse for my offensive rant?

There's a difference between a reason and an excuse. If you really did write an offensive rant or made a habit of it, ideally someone would be finding out if you were ok, and also stopping you from doing it (which the Boards rules covers), but not letting you off to do it repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Well, if the woman who was doing all the ranting and raving is to be believed, they were openly shagging for all to see while standing on a queue waiting to be served. :rolleyes:

No I agree, she totally over reacted. I just hate this passive aggressive attitude of taping people.

As has been pointed out, the woman was clearly unhinged - who knew what she was capable of? The guy obviously kept the camera rolling to protect himself once it escalated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

Can I use the fact I may be mentally ill as an excuse for my offensive rant?

Don't be so dramatic. Nobody is saying she is definitely mentally ill. Just that there are indicators that she might be. What's wrong with putting forward that she might have mental issues? What's wrong with putting that notion on the table? It might not be true but there's no harm considering it. Some of the stuff she said was so bizarre that it seemed outside of just simply being a cunt to me.

J Mysterio wrote:
    As has been pointed out, the woman was clearly unhinged - who knew what she was capable of? The guy obviously kept the camera rolling to protect himself once it escalated.

And to post on Youtube? He actually says "can't wait to put this on Youtube". Let's not pretend it was to protect himself. Plenty of witnesses to do that.

• Advertisement

In fact had she assaulted one of the couple the restaurant would have been to blame for not stopping the situation.

I don't think it's a case of them not knowing what to do. I think it's a case of them enjoying it.

Yeah, agreed. It went on far too long. I've seen things kicking off in establishments in Ireland and they were always dealt with as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

__Alex__ wrote: »
    Don't you feel silly thanking a post where the poster said they hadn't even watch the video but despite that fact decided the person in the video was talking more sense than something, something Hillary something. I don't think politics is particularly relevent to yer wan in the video either way and shouldn't have been brought up IMO but thanking such a stupid post because it makes a dig at people who supported Hillary Clinton. Really? That's kinda sad.

Jesus titty Christ... no I don't "feel silly" for thanking the post. I thanked it because the user held their hands up and admitted what they did and did so in a funny and self depreciating way (I thought). Don't you feel silly whining about users thanking posts over and over?
    Santa Monica - LA county. 22% votes for trump.

She's wearing a San Francisco top so though might not be from Santa Monica, although that would make her freak out even more strange given you're more likely to see displays of public affection there than anywhere else. I believe (a friend told me) that Kink shoot a lot of their Public Disgrace scenes on the streets of San Francisco (none of which have, so far at least, starred Michael Douglas).
    eviltwin wrote: »
    ...when did recording stuff like this become the acceptable reaction.

In fairness, we don't know what madness she was saying before he pressed record. If it was anything like the sexual harassment accusations she was hurling at him before he started recording her, then I think he was 100% justified in doing so. Posting it online though is another matter of course and I certainly understand an argument against him doing that but not sure I'd agree with it.

And to post on Youtube? He actually says "can't wait to put this on Youtube". Let's not pretend it was to protect himself. Plenty of witnesses to do that.

Yeah, that was wrong. It was probably revenge to put it up there really. Like 'take this then you fcuk!'

They were dead right to film it. Who knows what kind of crackpot allegations she could have made against them and what they'd have to go through to clear their name.

CCTV and witness statements would have them covered. It would have got nowhere. Filming it wasn't helping. The best thing to do is diffuse these situations, nobody seemed to have much interest in that here.

Would a normal sane as****e have continued with all the witnesses and a phone recording going on. I doubt it.

Jesus titty Christ... no I don't "feel silly" for thanking the post. I thanked it because the user held their hands up and admitted what they did and did so in a funny and self depreciating way (I thought). Don't you feel silly whining about users thanking posts over and over?

Totally agree. Who even reads the people that thanked a post?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

learn_more wrote: »
    This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on harassment and bullying.

For anyone that missed it the video depicts a situation in a late night takeaway restaurant in the US where an attractive slim young couple obviously in love while waiting to order grub get harassed by another female customer, an unkempt dowdy looking nose-ringed pony-tailed Donald Trump supporter type, who starts mouthing off in an extreme fashion to the lovely couple in protest at their public display of affection for each other.

The thing says goes on to claim that she is being sexually harassed by the couple for no other reason than she herself is in eyesight of the couple and that the slim woman's actions is tantamount to behaving like a prostitute, indeed that she is one, and proceeds to call the police to have the lovely couple arrested. The couple remain surprisingly calm throughout the incident where it ends by the woman eventually departing the venue.

There appears to be disagreement as to whether the Trump supporter has some mental issues that caused her outburst or if she's just a sad individual with a chip on her shoulder. My assessment would be the latter and the video serves as a damming indictment of a large proportion of the Trump supporting US of A.

How do you know she was a Trump supporter, was she wearing a baseball cap with Trumps name on it?

Seeing as the video is gone I can't see for myself.

How do you know she was a Trump supporter, was she wearing a baseball cap with Trumps name on it?

He's just trying to wind people up. Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Totally agree. Who even reads the people that thanked a post?

I do. I glean a lot from doing so. Different strokes.

• Advertisement

She describes herself as an American after telling a Latino man to ''go home'', I think.

__Alex__ wrote:
    I do. I glean a lot from doing so. Different strokes.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

I just hate this passive aggressive attitude of taping people.

Passive aggressive???

Better safe than sorry, record it in case it escalates. You can't beat video evidence. Glorious picture quality and audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭.........

The video was pretty shameful to be honest, it was all about a gang of people just baiting, harassing, and winding up someone who clearly has a lot of mental health issues, and then making fun and money out of them with the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

......... wrote: »
    The video was pretty shameful to be honest, it was all about a gang of people just baiting, harassing, and winding up someone who clearly has a lot of mental health issues, and then making fun and money out of them with the video.

Actually I think everyone especially the couple were very restrained in the situation, if that was a chipper in Ireland and someone got in peoples faces like she did the result would be different.

Also every instance of bad behaviour these days seems to be explained away with "mental health issues", some people are just assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭yoke

Don't know why people keep bringing up possible mental health issues as if it condones her behaviour.

Half the violent offenders in prison have the same sort of "mental health issues", should they all not have to face the consequences of their actions either?

Also, why shouldn't the lad filming be allowed to have his own form of revenge? If this sort of lawful revenge is wrong (posting a video about something that actually happened), then why are people who try and get other forms of lawful revenge not criticised? E.g. Someone who tries to get their rapist or assaulter convicted, or tries to get compensation for someone breaking their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Would a normal sane as****e have continued with all the witnesses and a phone recording going on. I doubt it.

Some would stop, but the less clever ones would continue. It doesn't mean that they have mental health issues. I know lots like that.
    Kinda like someone who would get close to death after an accident making doughnuts and does them again as soon as they get back behind the wheel.

yoke wrote: »
    Don't know why people keep bringing up possible mental health issues as if it condones her behaviour.

Half the violent offenders in prison have the same sort of "mental health issues", should they all not have to face the consequences of their actions either?

You're missing the point. Nobody condoned their behaviour, clearly, since they got imprisoned for it. Nobody condoned the woman's behaviour in the video, just pointed out it might take treatment to make sure she doesn't do it again.

It's a fairly simple distinction and it doesn't take a genius to understand.

Some would stop, but the less clever ones would continue. It doesn't mean that they have mental health issues. I know lots like that.
    Kinda like someone who would get close to death after an accident making doughnuts and does them again as soon as they get back behind the wheel.

But this is a boards thread, it's not up to us to decide if she has mental issues. That's a job for a professional. She did wrong and can either be dealt with by the law, mental health workers, or both, whichever is appropriate after assessing her. She definitely shows signs of possble mental illness, and only professional can go through the diagnostic process to confirm or rule out. Just because some assholes who don't as far as you're aware have a diagnosed illness would publicly rant for an extended period does not mean she doesn't have issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

....always wondered what happened to the ex-wife :D:D:D:D

Advertisement