Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

boccy23 wrote: »
    The Cubs have no idea of their line up. With the Dodgers failing, the Cubs deficiencies, I see the Nats coming through on the NL side.

But the Indians look awesome. I really like Tito's management style. There is a certain synergy to the Indians now to his Red Sox team of '04.

You are forgetting about the Diamondbacks, the NL could go anyway to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

You are forgetting about the Diamondbacks, the NL could go anyway to be honest.

As a Dbacks fan, I'm not forgetting them. But I think that the Nats have a more complete team. The Dbacks bullpen is not a pennant winning bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

the NL could go anyway to be honest.

That's why the next 6 weeks are going to be great!

boccy23 wrote: »
    As a Dbacks fan, I'm not forgetting them. But I think that the Nats have a more complete team. The Dbacks bullpen is not a pennant winning bunch.

Neither is the Nationals, lets be fair here. Everytime Dusty makes the call to the bullpen I start to sweat. In the playoffs I will be starting to pray when those calls come!

Live baseball at work!!!!

Giants Dodgers only in the 4th inning after a rain delayed start. After midnight in California. Gonna be a late one for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Live baseball at work!!!!

Giants Dodgers only in the 4th inning after a rain delayed start. After midnight in California. Gonna be a late one for them.

I wonder at the wisdom of playing these games so late. The players must be shattered.

Surely in a case like this, when its so late in the season and the result in all likelihood will not impact both teams, just call it a tie or scratch the game

ShyMets wrote: »
    I wonder at the wisdom of playing these games so late. The players must be shattered.

Surely in a case like this, when its so late in the season and the result in all likelihood will not impact both teams, just call it a tie or scratch the game

It matters to the Dodgers though in the home field race. I haven't looked at the schedules so can only imagine that they don't play again this season and have no suitable free day to make it up

It matters to the Dodgers though in the home field race. I haven't looked at the schedules so can only imagine that they don't play again this season and have no suitable free day to make it up

and they lose again! :D:D:D

and they lose again! :D:D:D

The slump continues. They're scheduled to play the Giants this evening. Got to feel a bit sorry for them.

The slump continues. They're scheduled to play the Giants this evening. Got to feel a bit sorry for them.

Nope :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Nope :D:D:D

:mad::mad::mad:

This isn't a slump. This is something worse.
    The worst teams each season dont go through runs like this.
    Nothing seems to be working for the Dodgers at the moment. Bullpen are giving up runs. Starters are giving up leads early. Lots of runners getting left on base. I almost wish there was some agenda behind it all, but I can't see it.
    How can a team flip some dramatically?

:mad::mad::mad:

This isn't a slump. This is something worse.
    The worst teams each season dont go through runs like this.
    Nothing seems to be working for the Dodgers at the moment. Bullpen are giving up runs. Starters are giving up leads early. Lots of runners getting left on base. I almost wish there was some agenda behind it all, but I can't see it.
    How can a team flip some dramatically?

There is most certainly no agenda. They are just playing horribly at the wrong time of the year.

A more important thing though. The indians! What a run! Going for 20 tonight .. have to say I will more than likely tune in!

Heard today that there's a poll being held by a radio station in Cleveland. Who will lose more games in September - The Browns or the Indians? The Browns are already 1-0 up!

2018 schedules released today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

2018 schedules released today!

Mets play a few vs. the Blue Jays and Orioles in interleague in 2018. Those should be good games. Not much other than the rest of the NL otherwise. Every teams plays on 29 March, all good, get them going at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Igotadose wrote: »
    Mets play a few vs. the Blue Jays and Orioles in interleague in 2018. Those should be good games. Not much other than the rest of the NL otherwise. Every teams plays on 29 March, all good, get them going at once.

That's the way interleague works now - this year AL West played NL East, for example.

I always try and plan a trip when the schedule comes out and this year it's the Mets v D'backs/Marlins in mid May that I'd be aiming for.

Most years I never follow through with it but on a few occasions I have so I'll see what happens this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I always try and plan a trip when the schedule comes out and this year it's the Mets v D'backs/Marlins in mid May that I'd be aiming for.

Most years I never follow through with it but on a few occasions I have so I'll see what happens this time.
    Safeco was great in July, although the trip had been planned to the US independent of the Mets schedule, was a nice coincidence.

Haven't been to the new Marlins park. I think I saw them when they played at the Dolphin's stadium, the place was awful, basically a big boiling bowl (yeah, it was summer in Miami.)

Igotadose wrote: »
    Safeco was great in July, although the trip had been planned to the US independent of the Mets schedule, was a nice coincidence.

Haven't been to the new Marlins park. I think I saw them when they played at the Dolphin's stadium, the place was awful, basically a big boiling bowl (yeah, it was summer in Miami.)

My Mets trip are always home ones. I try and pick 2 series beside each other with teams I haven't seen before.

Indians going for 20 in a row tonight. Would equal the record set by 2002 Oakland A's for AL and one short of 1935 Cubs for overall record.

• Advertisement

Indians going for 20 in a row tonight. Would equal the record set by 2002 Oakland A's for AL and one short of 1935 Cubs for overall record.

Not that there was any doubt about it but they did it anyway.

Dodgers win too with Kershaw. Can he pitch every day in the playoffs?

And the Dodgers finally win😀

Record equaled. They're playing the Tigers again tonight. So the A's record should go tonight

Record equaled. They're playing the Tigers again tonight. So the A's record should go tonight

The record is 26 i think , the yankees

Edit, I'm wrong 21 for the Cubs and 26 including ties

The AL record is 20 though.

Day game today too so easy for us to watch over here!

The AL record is 20 though.

Day game today too so easy for us to watch over here!

It's been an incredible streak.

Edit, I'm wrong 21 for the Cubs and 26 including ties

Apologies. Meant AL record

Apologies. Meant AL record

Ah no worries I was actually thinking the record was much more than 21. Was completely wrong!

Incredible really to think they are within touching distance of it!

• Advertisement

It's been an incredible streak.

Especially that they're not squeaking by teams for the most part. They're winning games handily.

Are they peaking too soon though?

Advertisement