Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

The Dodgers have plenty of recent history of bottling it in the postseason.

lets not talk about bottling it in the post season, I'm a long suffering Nationals fan.

I'm starting to get seriously worried about the Dodgers performances.
    Our pitchers generally are still pitching ok, but we're not hitting too well (Based completely on checking the scores each morning :) )
    I'm hoping its a minor slump, but it's been going on quite a while now.
    Brewers - lost series at home
    Diamondbacks - swept away
    Padres - lost series away
    Diamondbacks - swept at home

I'm hoping it's just some players been told to spend a few weeks tweaking mechanics in time for the playoffs, and not worry about the results. Going 5-5 over the next 10 games would feel like a big improvement

I'm starting to get seriously worried about the Dodgers performances.
    Our pitchers generally are still pitching ok, but we're not hitting too well (Based completely on checking the scores each morning :) )
    I'm hoping its a minor slump, but it's been going on quite a while now.
    Brewers - lost series at home
    Diamondbacks - swept away
    Padres - lost series away
    Diamondbacks - swept at home

I'm hoping it's just some players been told to spend a few weeks tweaking mechanics in time for the playoffs, and not worry about the results. Going 5-5 over the next 10 games would feel like a big improvement

Not a good time of the year to slump.

Who'd have thought 3 weeks ago that the Dodgers would lose so many games in a row!

Diamondbacks winning streak at 13

Indians 14!

Incredible how baseball works sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Anyone ever see a 7-2-5 double play? :)

https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/video/blue-jays-7-2-5-double-play/c-1816270783

Bit of a strange one but they both count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The Dodgers still have great pitching which can carry them deep into October, with Kershaw able to go on short rest and give them a quality start. If the bats wake up before the end of the month they're a scary prospect for anyone.

Real possibility they play Arizona in the NLDS too, after losing 6 in a row against them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The Dodgers still have great pitching which can carry them deep into October, with Kershaw able to go on short rest and give them a quality start. If the bats wake up before the end of the month they're a scary prospect for anyone.

Real possibility they play Arizona in the NLDS too, after losing 6 in a row against them!

I'm not sure. If I was being harsh I would say that with Kershaw their rotation is pretty weak right now. Darvish hasn't worked out so far and the rest are struggling. If I was D'backs, I'd well fancy my chances.

Kershaw off to a bad start. 3 runs given up in the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Final line. 4 earned in 3.2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

NY Mets Flores out for season from broken nose. 3d baseman Asdrubal Cabrera left yesterday's game early due to hamstring tightness.

Matt Harvey pitched o.k. in his 2d start against the Reds. Syndegaard nearing a return to the MLB club, pitched well in a minor-league game and hit 100Mph on the radar gun.

Football started yesterday (any time the Patriots lose is a good time in my opinion.) Yay.

When's the Ice Hockey season starting :(

• Advertisement

Dodgers only 6 games ahead of the nationals .. Still a long way to go.

The National League series is going to be really good though, in fact all of the playoffs.

The AL as well with the Indians, Houston, Red Sox, Yankees.

Man I love Baseball!

Streaks at 15 for the tribe. Could they make it to 20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Dodgers only 6 games ahead of the nationals .. Still a long way to go.

The National League series is going to be really good though, in fact all of the playoffs.

The AL as well with the Indians, Houston, Red Sox, Yankees.

Man I love Baseball!

Going to put my neck on the line and go for Indians v Houston in the ALCS & Dodgers v Nationals in the NLCS.

Just don't ask me who will win

ShyMets wrote: »
    Going to put my neck on the line and go for Indians v Houston in the ALCS & Dodgers v Nationals in the NLCS.

Just don't ask me who will win

By picking the teams with the best records in each division? Ha ha.

You're probably right though. it would be funny if Colorado beat Arizona in WC game as all the media are already talking how Arizona matching up to the Dodgers.

You're probably right though. it would be funny if Colorado beat Arizona in WC game as all the media are already talking how Arizona matching up to the Dodgers.

Playing it safe is my middle name :). Although the way this season is going I wouldn't be surprised if my predications turn out to be wildly inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I'm going to cheer for Cleveland in the post season, despite the fact I hate their name and logo. They got so close last year and after his great years in Toronto I'd really love to see Encarnacion win the whole thing. In fact I'd love to see him win the WS with a walk off 'parrot run'. :)

Dodgers 2-0 down in the 6th. If they lose this one that's 10 in a row :O

Dodgers 2-0 down in the 6th. If they lose this one that's 10 in a row :O

And 15 out of 16 too.

Nats win the division today and are only 4.5 back. Maybe the Dodgers are tanking to avoid the wild card winner?

And 15 out of 16 too.

Nats win the division today and are only 4.5 back. Maybe the Dodgers are tanking to avoid the wild card winner?

I like your thinkingðŸ˜.

And 15 out of 16 too.

Yeah except then they'd face the Cubs ...

Dodgers could be in trouble I remember three/four years ago the Nats were coasting coming into September went on a slump mid way through and never recovered, out in three to St Louis.

Slumps at this time of the year are the worst!

• Advertisement

I'd rather face the Cubs than Arizona to be honest (presuming they beat Colorado of course). But as you say it won't matter unless they snap out of it quickly.

Their series with the Nats will be interest this weekend.

I'd rather face the Cubs than Arizona to be honest (presuming they beat Colorado of course). But as you say it won't matter unless they snap out of it quickly.

Their series with the Nats will be interest this weekend.

Well of course the Dbacks are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now.

Will be an interesting series, I think Washington will go all out to catch the Dodgers.

Well of course the Dbacks are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now.

Will be an interesting series, I think Washington will go all out to catch the Dodgers.

Cubs look in a bit of bother in the NL Central. Could easily be overtaken. Loosing Arrieta is a major blow.

Cubs look in a bit of bother in the NL Central. Could easily be overtaken. Loosing Arrieta is a major blow.

They seem to have days when their pitching just implodes too. 3 times already this month they've given up 12 runs or more.

I'd say they'll still win the division though but they wouldn't scare me in the playoffs as things stand at the moment. But as we're all blue in the face from saying, it's how you're playing in October that counts!

Its only a hamstring injury though, he should be back come playoffs.

He hasn't had the best of years either.

The cubs biggest problem at the moment though is their lack of hitting.

Hamstrings have a nasty habit of taking longer to heal then expected. Take it from one who knows.

I think the Cubs will fall over the line and come October we all know teams can go on crazy runs. But I'm not sure the Cubs have the consistency to put a few series together. They certainly won't have the fear factor in the Post Season which they had last year.

Hamstrings have a nasty habit of taking longer to heal then expected. Take it from one who knows.

I think the Cubs will fall over the line and come October we all know teams can go on crazy runs. But I'm not sure the Cubs have the consistency to put a few series together. They certainly won't have the fear factor in the Post Season which they had last year.

I'm a Nats fan and I want the Cubs. We have played really well against them even if they are playing well. Harper should be back and have a couple of weeks in him, Trea is starting to heat up. Stras pitched a gem yesterday, max is max, the bullpen has been shored up and Gio is having a career year.

All in all we're looking strong at the moment.

I'm a Nats fan and I want the Cubs.

So does Daniel Murphy. Remember the 2015 playoffs. He hit HRs in every game against them I think.

So does Daniel Murphy. Remember the 2015 playoffs. He hit HRs in every game against them I think.

He's cooled down a little in terms of HR's. That was an incredible run he went on during those playoffs.

He's been immense for the Nats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

The Cubs have no idea of their line up. With the Dodgers failing, the Cubs deficiencies, I see the Nats coming through on the NL side.

But the Indians look awesome. I really like Tito's management style. There is a certain synergy to the Indians now to his Red Sox team of '04.

Advertisement