Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think direct through HTC in most of Europe will give you dual SIM. I think only UK and Ireland don't have dual SIM. You might have a bit of luck with Amazon as well.

I think they'll start to come through in the next week or two.

I'm not in any major hurry so I can bear the wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

I'd say you would have received the device before the refund! :D

I haven't had a refund from them, but one from Motorola took a solid week, maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

My S6 can get 4 hrs roughly SOT and it has a battery capacity of 2550 so you should get more SOT than I do realistically.

The only reason that I really would like to upgrade is for a better low light camera but more than likely, I will just stick with what I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ill post up the battery stats tomorrow evening after a full day.
    py2006 wrote: »
    Pics...

http://imgur.com/a/6A1B4

U11 is now all setup and I can say that the battery is much better than what I have been getting from my HTC 10.
    I expected a full glass phone but that's not correct as the sides are metal and in my mind it looks better than I expected. The front and back glass blend seemlessly with the sides.
    The phone is slippery, very slippery! Leave it on any surface with a bit of a slope and it starts slipping. The glass back is a fingerprint magnet but when not covered in fingerprints it look great.
    Comparing side by side with my HTC 10, the screen seems far superior on the U11.
    The side squeeze I thought was a bit gimmicky... Well that was til I set it up and started using it. Short squeeze for the camera and long squeeze for a screenshot is very useful.
    Although bigger than the 10, it really does not feel much bigger in the hand.
    Just writing this now I realise I should have tested my leapcard to see if it works! Will check and post shortly.
    Another thing I noticed was when installing all my apps from the Playstore, they install really fast compared to the HTC 10.

The leapcard was recognised instantly by the U11. I can't tell you how much I missed that simple function on the HTC 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The leapcard was recognised instantly by the U11. I can't tell you how much I missed that simple function on the HTC 10.

Good news. That was definitely annoying, always had to use one of my other devices to top up.

• Advertisement

More promising news about the battery

https://twitter.com/PaulOBrien/status/872198670476816385

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hhmmm?

Could somebody please change my mind about this phone. I held a display unit in Carphone Warehouse and it's really underwhelmed me. Does it feel premium? Although it was not functioning it was still glass but felt plasticy in the hand.

hhmmm? wrote: »
    Could somebody please change my mind about this phone. I held a display unit in Carphone Warehouse and it's really underwhelmed me. Does it feel premium? Although it was not functioning it was still glass but felt plasticy in the hand.

How does it feel compared to the S8? If it doesn't feel good in hand to you, and that annoys you, then I wouldn't be stumping up the cash for it.

I personally think it's more premium feel than S8, but display units can definitely feel more plastic, this is a solid glass lump with a bit of weight to it, but definitely glass. I am probably going to put a spigen case or similar on it.

Just while I think of it some thoughts on the phone in no particlar order.

The design is fantastic, the side edges of the glass melt smoothly into the frame.

The edge sense can be turned on and off with a quick tile, Pat maybe interested to here.

Built in night mode is nice.

The sound through the headphones is actually amazing, I'm no audiophile, but I love my music and at the moment its like listening to stuff for the first time, very balanced sound with punchy clear bass.

Its smooth.

Camera seems to be as hyped.

I kinda feel like this phone is a pixel with waterproofing and expandable storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

sentient_6 wrote: »

I kinda feel like this phone is a pixel with waterproofing and expandable storage.

Which makes some of the criticism the device received laughable.

It's an improvement on the Pixel XL it's cheaper and HTC will actually let you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hhmmm?

Has anybody got any discount codes? I'm registered through HTC club and can get it from the UK for €670 which is more than I paid for my m7 m8 m9 and 10. Also the silver and blue seem to be out of stock but the black is available. Has anybody seen the black on the flesh?

Has anybody got any discount codes? I'm registered through HTC club and can get it from the UK for €670 which is more than I paid for my m7 m8 m9 and 10. Also the silver and blue seem to be out of stock but the black is available. Has anybody seen the black on the flesh?

Iv it in black ya, its nice, not as bling as the rest, which is why I got it. See my pics in a post last night, case is on though.

Android Police haven't done their review yet but weren't positive at all on their podcast this week. On one hand they don't ever seen to like anything, but they did mention light bleed at the bottom of the screen on a few handsets they tried. Anyone see it on theirs yet that have them?

I'll test that this evening with an app called blacklight bleed test and report back. At the moment i would be very surprised if I see anything.

Battery so far today. It's been 5hrs 40mins since taken off charge at 100%. Screen on time has been 2hrs 4mins and the battery is at 71%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Battery so far today. It's been 5hrs 40mins since taken off charge at 100%. Screen on time has been 2hrs 4mins and the battery is at 71%.

That compares really well with my OP3, same size battery.
    Just 4 hours off charge, 2hrs 2mins screen on time. 57% battery remaining :(

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That compares really well with my OP3, same size battery.
    Just 4 hours off charge, 2hrs 2mins screen on time. 57% battery remaining :(

which still isn't bad. i think htc have just done a good job with the battery this year. part of that is changing the internal structure so that the cpu and battery are separated.

Im 9hrs 10 mins off charge, 52% remaining, 2 hrs 30mins SOT.

That's pretty good on track for 5 hrs SOT.

Have about 5 hrs of music and podcasts played through bluetooth and the headphones so I would actually expect higher screen time without that.

lol

i just got shipping email from htc uk. with parcel motel i might have it tomorrow, probably friday.

Might end up with a free phone!

• Advertisement

@sentient_6 I pointed out what you spotted regarding battery drain. Jaime who did the review came back in with the attitude 'it is what it is', but I think Paul O'Brien is saying that they are looking at it again.

https://twitter.com/Basil3/status/872333365961265156

Pretty bad that a tech reviewer can't identify battery drain. If he wasn't charging it overnight, he would have been losing a tonne while sleeping, which should never happen.

Advertisement