Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Basil3 wrote: »
    @sentient_6 I pointed out what you spotted regarding battery drain. Jaime who did the review came back in with the attitude 'it is what it is', but I think Paul O'Brien is saying that they are looking at it again.

https://twitter.com/Basil3/status/872333365961265156

Pretty bad that a tech reviewer can't identify battery drain. If he wasn't charging it overnight, he would have been losing a tonne while sleeping, which should never happen.

Sorry I should've said I tweeted at Jamie after that and got a weird explanation, I didn't want to get into it so I left it at that, not much sense what he's saying here to be honest.
    From: @Jaime_Rivera: Thanks! And it's battery performance over two weeks. The wake lock was used just to film the phone. It doesn't represent the testing period

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Sorry I should've said I tweeted at Jamie after that and got a weird explanation, I didn't want to get into it so I left it at that, not much sense what he's saying here to be honest.

https://twitter.com/Jaime_Rivera/status/871726757702979584

Yeah, he's a bit clueless. He tried to argue that it was because they turn the screen to always on while filming the review. Makes no sense.

You can see in the screenshot that the display wasn't always on from the time it was charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Did anyone purchase through the UK HTC Club? Only seems to give an option to deliver to Great Britain. If so did you use Parcel Motel or something similar?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Did anyone purchase through the UK HTC Club? Only seems to give an option to deliver to Great Britain. If so did you use Parcel Motel or something similar?

Thanks

Yeah, I did, and you have to parcel motel. I paid for the extra liability insurance as well.

Patww79 wrote: »
    One thing I had forgot to ask among all my questions, does it have a stock email app that supports POP3 like Samsung do? Or do you have to use Gmail?

Edit - I just got an email invoice now too :D

HTC have a mail app that is updated through the play store. I use Gmail for everything, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Im 9hrs 10 mins off charge, 52% remaining, 2 hrs 30mins SOT.

That's pretty good on track for 5 hrs SOT.

Have about 5 hrs of music and podcasts played through bluetooth and the headphones so I would actually expect higher screen time without that.

Meanwhile I forgot to bring a charger to work today and my year old S7 was down to 6% after 10 hours 40 mins and 2 hours 40 mins SOT. And that's with medium power saver on since 56%

So after 13hrs on battery and 4hrs 40mins screen on time plus a few calls today I am down to 29% battery. Not using powersave. Am very happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Just got my dispatch notification.

Is the tracking number they supply actually any use? Can't seem to track ...

Just got my dispatch notification.

Is the tracking number they supply actually any use? Can't seem to track ...

Yeah, says non traceable on findmyorder, so not sure if the tracking will actually work.

Didn't work for me. Then got a surprise phone call from UPS.

Im finishing up the day battery wise on 13%, power saver kicked in automatically at 15%, 16 hrs total, 4 hrs 18 mins SOT.

Iv location on high accuracy and automatic brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone pre order the HTC U11 from CPW?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

I ordered yesterday from HTC Ireland but not even a confirmation email yet. Anyone with similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can anyone who has one attest to how good the earphones are?

At the moment, the supposedly decent earphones are about the difference in price between the U11 and the 1+5 suppossed €550 price tag. :)

I think they are excellent, substantially better than my bose ae2's.

I think they are excellent, substantially better than my bose ae2's.

Thanks, I usually go for headphones, but noise cancelling earphones sound like they are the business :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Thanks, I usually go for headphones, but noise cancelling earphones sound like they are the business :)

They're pretty cool now have to say, you can set up sound profiles were they map your inner ear, so allegedly custom sound, you hear white noise for a few seconds while it works.

I was using them last night while cooking the dinner and had a fairly loud extractor going, couldn't hear anything but the music.

They're pretty cool now have to say, you can set up sound profiles were they map your inner ear, so allegedly custom sound, you hear white noise for a few seconds while it works.

I was using them last night while cooking the dinner and had a fairly loud extractor going, couldn't hear anything but the music.

Cool, they sound pretty worth it so.
    I'm still gonna wait to see what OnePlus announce, but I'm really looking at the U11 this year :D

• Advertisement

Just opened mine, posting this from it. Does it not have Google Assistant? I got that stupid Screen Search (Now on Tap) thing when I held the home button.

That was something I was skeptical of because it's not device specific. Its all on the Google side. You'll have to enable it have a look here:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057742131/1

Use your left hand :D

Is this compatible with the U11?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.filemanager

I haven't used the HTC file manager in years. Guess it's another of those things they thought it was pointless putting resources into.

Downloaded that file manager, nice one!

Got assistant activated there myself, hadn't missed it the last two weeks though to be honest.

They've moved a few of their standard apps to the play store, and removed them from the device. Some have been completely filtered out over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So htc Ireland cheapest at the moment then?

Ive bought the last few models on adverts and always worked out little bit cheaper but found the 10 took lot longer to come in stock last time out.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    They've moved a few of their standard apps to the play store, and removed them from the device. Some have been completely filtered out over time.

I got a batch of htc app updates through the play store yesterday and was surprised to see the camera among them, which is great because you won't be waiting for system updates to see camera improvements.

Advertisement