Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Between this and Samsung S8

I have one M9 for the last 2 years and the battery lasts about 4 hours and the heat from the CPU is very hot. Something was never right about it

Annoyed about the no headphone jack though as i like listening to FM Radio at matches etc and its much handier than connecting/charging bluetooth headphones etc

Hoping for better battery life and camera, Found the M9 good for using apps and stuff and the speed was good

Hadn't been posted here, so yeah.....16th of may at 7am for the launch. Nice time for people in Taiwan, not really for anyone else in the world.

https://twitter.com/HTCIreland/status/854947979446407168

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Annoyed about the no headphone jack

This for me is the automatic turn-off point.
    Should be standard in all phones

This for me is the automatic turn-off point.
    Should be standard in all phones

I've been living without a headphone jack for the last couple of months, and it hasn't really bothered me. I'm not a huge music listener anymore, though, and i'd use bluetooth headphones when out running or training in the gym.

The U 11 better come with an adaptor, though. They didn't include one with the U Ultra.

Some of the latest leaks and info:

BWjkElW.jpg

Bear in mind that the 6GB won't be what we're getting. We should have 4GB RAM/64GB ROM.

https://twitter.com/HTCIreland/status/859301451318804480

I really thought I was going to turn my back on HTC this year, but I think I'm going to stick with them. Camera should be amazing, performance will kill the S8, which has some serious throttling and graphical issues.

Headphone adaptor will be in the box.

• Advertisement

Looks to be a decent alternative to the S8 which I am not wholly impressed with. I hope it doesn't have a glass back!
    HTC always provide good quality earphones and if they have an adaptor in the box it really will convince me to stay with them.

Looks to be a decent alternative to the S8 which I am not wholly impressed with. I hope it doesn't have a glass back!
    HTC always provide good quality earphones and if they have an adaptor in the box it really will convince me to stay with them.

It's definitely glass back. Colours are meant to be red, blue, black, white and silver. We probably won't get all the colours, though.

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's definitely glass back. Colours are meant to be red, blue, black, white and silver. We probably won't get all the colours, though.

Well in the last 3 years of HTC phones I don't think I have done anything that would shatter the glass but am sure I would drop it shortly after buying it, just because it has a glass back. I wonder what drop tests they have done?
    I want a new phone and this is my last hope for 2017 to upgrade from my HTC 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Well in the last 3 years of HTC phones I don't think I have done anything that would shatter the glass but am sure I would drop it shortly after buying it, just because it has a glass back. I wonder what drop tests they have done? I want a new phone and this is my last hope for 2017 to upgrade from my HTC 10.

The oneplus 4/5 and the flagship Nokia's are still to be announced and should be soon enough .

Rumours that the U 11 will be available very soon after the announcement on Tuesday, if not straight away. Screenshots have been posted on twitter with it already showing up on Carphone Warehouse inventory.

I think the M8 was very similar, I had the device a few days after the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You think there will be any network exclusives like last year were it was only available from 3 for the first few months? I would imagine not this time?

sentient_6 wrote: »
    You think there will be any network exclusives like last year were it was only available from 3 for the first few months? I would imagine not this time?

No idea. Vodafone don't seem to carry HTC any more, so I guess another 3 exclusive wouldn't be surprising. I'll be buying unlocked direct from HTC again probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Apropos to nothing:

https://youtu.be/asKndLYY18g

Apropos to nothing:

https://youtu.be/asKndLYY18g

That video won't last long, one earlier today got pulled.

The squeeze looks way too firm, but I guess they have to make sure it isn't set off accidentally. I guess the benefit will be that the devs will figure a way of letting the squeeze do whatever we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

To be honest I think the finish of the bright colours make the device look cheap compared to the Sony XZ Premium. I do like the shade of blue but would probably step on black as it would be in a case

The U 11 looks very nice in that video but all will be revealed tomorrow. Anyone know what time the reveal is set for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Im not a fan of the new design started with the ultra either. But im keeping an open mind if the camera is as excellent as speculated. Get it in black and slap a case on anyway.

The U 11 looks very nice in that video but all will be revealed tomorrow. Anyone know what time the reveal is set for?

Should be 7am.

Edit: actually 8am. Either way, will be working and can't watch.

And then, HTC UK says 7am....

Basil3 wrote: »
    Should be 7am.

Edit: actually 8am. Either way, will be working and can't watch.

https://twitter.com/HTC_Singapore/status/864058581213224960

And then, HTC UK says 7am....

https://twitter.com/HTC_UK/status/864197979820916737

8am will be perfect as I am on the train at that time. Just thinking about the HTC 11 compared to the HTC 10 and I think grip might be a bit of a problem. I never put a cover on my phones as it just ruins their look and feel for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Well I'm more excited than I thought I would be.

The only thing bothering me is the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

beno619 wrote: »
    Well I'm more excited than I thought I would be.

The only thing bothering me is the size.

The only thing that is bothering me is that my M8S is on its very last legs and I'm not sure that I can wait that much longer!

Only got the last 10 minutes of the stream. Looks great. Supposed best in class camera. I'm sure they learnt from the pixel software
    What did you mean by disappointed in the size? Missed that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

1jcdub wrote: »
    Only got the last 10 minutes of the stream. Looks great. Suppository best in class camera. I'm sure they learnt from the pixel software

There's two words I don't want in the same sentence to describe a phone's features. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

There's two words I don't want in the same sentence to describe a phone's features. :eek:[/

damn you predictive text ðŸ€ðŸ”¨

Patww79 wrote: »
    The screen to body isn't wonderful.
    Having boom sound will always require more space. They will have to go to single speaker if they go the way of Samsung's screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I watched the launch this morning and impressive as it seemed, I won't be buying it at launch like I did with the HTC 10. It's definitely something I need to hold in my hand before buying. Also need to see drop test results as am very wary of the glass body.
    In my opinion it sounds better than the S8 and the squeeze thing could be very useful.
    Am sure I will be under pressure to buy by the recipient of my HTC 10. Looks like early June before it will hit the stores here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

1jcdub wrote: »
    Only got the last 10 minutes of the stream. Looks great. Supposed best in class camera. I'm sure they learnt from the pixel software

Its a bit too big for me. Very much a personal preference thing though.

Advertisement