Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Eir have Wifi Calling so that should be the beat option for anyone using phone abroad. Only a few sets have it available yet but it does work well.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I would totally Switch to EIR to get this offer, but I'm pretty sure they don't do charge to mobile services. Maybe someone can clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Excellent post thanks for answering this one! Steep prices but it actually works which is the main thing for me :)

I was only there last week so still had the txt with the rates fresh.

If youre going to use an app that you dont currently have, for example skype, and you have an iphone, its tricky installing apps in the states as its coming from a different apple store location, I had to do a of trickery with an Irish VPN to get an app to install so suggest installing anything before travelling.

Doesnt apply if youre on android obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Nice! Bloody sick of Three's awful service (full coverage at my workplace but data is constantly in and out).

Moved to Eir this morning instore. €20 for 'Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e offer'.

Was advertised on the tvs in the store. The guy gave it a good go saying a sim only plan would be much more convenient etc. But the exact same sim only plan is €25 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

quad_red wrote: »
    Nice! Bloody sick of Three's awful service (full coverage at my workplace but data is constantly in and out).

Moved to Eir this morning instore. €20 for 'Simply Unlimited Any Network Mins + Texts and 15GB Data 20e offer'.

Was advertised on the tvs in the store. The guy gave it a good go saying a sim only plan would be much more convenient etc. But the exact same sim only plan is €25 per month.

The eir/meteor staff always seem to push sim only and claim ignorance of the various plans available on the screen behind them.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    The eir/meteor staff always seem to push sim only and claim ignorance of the various plans available on the screen behind them.

Sure every network does that. They push what's best for them not what's best for the customer.

quad_red wrote: »
    Sure every network does that. They push what's best for them not what's best for the customer.

To a point but meteor lads instore seem to be even better at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

is this plan 3G or 4G?

4G

I have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised at the quality of service from Eir compared to Three.

Coverage seems around the same but far, far superior data speeds and connectivity around Dublin city centre and north co dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can you tether with Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Can you tether with Eir?

Meteor allowed it, didn't hear anything to the contrary since the switch to Eir.

Even tethering whilst roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I would totally Switch to EIR to get this offer, but I'm pretty sure they don't do charge to mobile services. Maybe someone can clarify?

Do you mean like buying xbox points using phone credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Do you mean like buying xbox points using phone credit?

No, carrier billing where you use credit to buy direct from the play store or with billpay they add it to your bill.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    No, carrier billing where you use credit to buy direct from the play store or with billpay they add it to your bill.

No with Eir, only can be done with Three and Vodafone in Ireland, but you have alternative methods of payment on that link, maybe Paypal, Revolut debit card or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

The wife finished her bill pay with Meteor/Eir the other day she sent the text but only got calls and data no texts anybody else have this problem

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

nava wrote: »
    Sir Dosser wrote: »

No with Eir, only can be done with Three and Vodafone in Ireland, but you have alternative methods of payment on that link, maybe Paypal, Revolut debit card or similar.

Thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Marty Bird wrote: »
    The wife finished her bill pay with Meteor/Eir the other day she sent the text but only got calls and data no texts anybody else have this problem

I think data, texs and calls are only for new Eir customers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I think data, texs and calls are only for new Eir customers.

I think is the other way around, the €20 for Unlimited Text/Calls and 15GB of data is only for new customer porting over, but I think in previous post existing customers were also getting it, some ported out for a few days and back to Eir to get the offer.

EDIT: I just noticed the plan even has Switch and Save on the top left.
    430677.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

nava wrote: »
    I think is the other way around, the €20 for Unlimited Text/Calls and 15GB of data is only for new customer porting over, but I think in previous post existing customers were also getting it, some ported out for a few days and back to Eir to get the offer.

EDIT: I just noticed the plan even has Switch and Save on the top left.
    430677.png

Strange the daughter done exactly the same as the wife and she got it.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Finally out of contract with Eir, ported to Vodafone for all of two hours. The bloke in Eir had the deal all setup when handing me the new SIM card. Old SIM went dead within 20 minutes then I topped up the new Eir SIM. Got a simply unlimited text to verify the deal was active, happy days.

Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Anyone else think that because you don't opt into this plan they would change it in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I Just signed up to Eir but went for the 35 euro a month deal which in hindsight seems a bit pricey, do you reckon they would change me on to this deal?
    The sim is only being delivered today?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Can someone clarify if the unlimited calls and texts on the switch and save offer is to all networks and landline or just eir numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Can someone clarify if the unlimited calls and texts on the switch and save offer is to all networks and landline or just eir numbers?

All networks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    All networks :)

And landlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

And landlines?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Are the free calls and texts to any network or just eir network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

tiny timy wrote: »
    Are the free calls and texts to any network or just eir network?

Yes , all networks, all landlines, calls and texts.

Advertisement