Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps to get good friday alcohol ban overturned.

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

infogiver wrote: »
    What are you talking about "regulations is plural"? That sentence is grammatically incorrect while simultaneously not making any sense at all fleawuss.
    There is no "enforcement" of "regulations" and there are no "followers".
    If you could give me some idea what you mean by "followers" maybe I could tell you the correct terminology.
    What kind of "enforcement " methods do you imagine are in place fleawuss and who do you imagine does the "enforcing"?

LOL. Triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

2 garuanteed days off for staff in the whole 365. I worked in hospitality for 20 years.
    Oh we had out annual leave entitlement but with the business being 7/7 days a week GF was a day you could mark on the calendar at the start of the year as being a definite day off.

Are you arguing we should close hotels? Would you not prefer to have the choice of your own days off anyway? I know I did when I had a job working bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Irony is, when the ban is gone next year no one will pass a comment against the pub openings in years to come.

Is there a link or anything to the Good Friday ban being lifted next year, anyone?

Just remembered Frances Fitzgerald saying "No Way" for as long as she has been minister for justice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Fleawuss wrote: »
    LOL. Triggered.

If you can't answer any of the questions because you simply don't know what your talking about then you could be honest and just say "I don't know what I'm talking about".
    Nobody is "triggered" . I doubt if you even know what"triggered" actually means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Deedsie wrote: »
    It gives publicans and their staff a day with their families. Does that job perfectly.

For this reason alone the friday closing should stay.

2 days a year FFS

+ Its a day to attack the dusty duty free bottles

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Christy42 wrote: »
    Are you arguing we should close hotels? Would you not prefer to have the choice of your own days off anyway? I know I did when I had a job working bank holidays.

employees working mon to fri are guaranteed sat and sun off.
    Most hairdressers are closed Sun and mon.
    Everyone else almost is subject to a roster.
    Irish employment law dictates that apart from being entitled to 2 weeks off together that the employer has the final say about when an employee can take their annual leave.
    For pubs and places that serve alcohol GF and CD were 2 days you could count on . That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

All schools are closed. Colleges. Universities.
    It's a bank holiday for the public service.
    The entire public service has a 4 day weekend.
    The Courts are closed Drs surgeries are closed dentists, all professional services.
    You don't understand the difference between public holiday and bank holiday.

All colleges are not closed. Either that or my husband has been lying.about his whereabouts on Good Friday for the last 15 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Samsgirl wrote: »
    All colleges are not closed. Either that or my husband has been lying.about his whereabouts on Good Friday for the last 15 years.

Quite a few third level institutions have GF off. Considering I used to lie to my ex about it when I worked in one many years ago, it is possible, where does he work and I will let you know.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Quite a few third level institutions have GF off. Considering I used to lie to my ex about it when I worked in one many years ago, it is possible, where does he work and I will let you know.

Lol, you're grand. Will just have to stalk him with the kids in tow on Friday 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Lol, you're grand. Will just have to stalk him with the kids in tow on Friday 😂

Relax, it is probably just a day off work and family, needed now and again :p I probably should not have dobbed him in. Unless he works in Trinity, I seem to remember them having classes running on GF. The NUIs all have it off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

If you can't answer any of the questions because you simply don't know what your talking about then you could be honest and just say "I don't know what I'm talking about".
    Nobody is "triggered" . I doubt if you even know what"triggered" actually means.

Hahaha. You're a tonic!

CramCycle wrote: »
    Relax, it is probably just a day off work and family, needed now and again :p I probably should not have dobbed him in. Unless he works in Trinity, I seem to remember them having classes running on GF. The NUIs all have it off.

Can you imagine... me and two kids stalking him at 6.30am on Good Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Here's a clue for you infogiver, who needs information made simple: regulations is plural. So the RCC should enforce its regulationS on its followers. It's up to that institution to decide on how it should do that. Except it can't rely on state law. Geddit?

So what church regulations are backed by state law ?

Don't eat meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday isn't backed by state law ,Go to mass every week isn't backed by state law .

The one law which would appear to be backing a church regulation isn't doing anything of the sort .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

worded wrote: »
    For this reason alone the friday closing should stay.

2 days a year FFS

+ Its a day to attack the dusty duty free bottles

Does your local publican work 363 days a year? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SPDUB wrote: »
    So what church regulations are backed by state law ?

Don't eat meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday isn't backed by state law ,Go to mass every week isn't backed by state law .

The one law which would appear to be backing a church regulation isn't doing anything of the sort .

Have you seen Ireland's blasphemy laws?

Abortion laws also have religious origins.

Advertisement