Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Smart Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I want to pick up a few more sensors to cover the downstairs windows, then my collection would be more or less complete......until I see something else that could be semi useful

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

paulbok wrote: »
    I finally got around to adding the sensors I got to my SmartThings setup. Had hoped to be using HA but seem to be jinxed there.
    Were pretty easy to add, and the door/window sensors are so much easier to fit than the SmartThings ones. The magnets can be a small distance from the senor and still in the closed position, so handier for non flush surfaces like door/windows and frames.
    Ordered a few more online today as there was a decent sale on.

A tip, I use the magnet from the Xiaomi door sensor with a SmartThings sensor on one door where the fitting is tight. I suspect any decent magnet would work, but haven't tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Has anyone managed to pair a Yi Home Security Camera with the Mi Home app?

My camera works flawlessly with the Yi Home app but when I try to pair it with the Mi Home app it times out.

Maybe it's not possible?

I've got the Dafang camera working with mine. Bit of a pain that the automation settings on it are in Chinese though

theteal wrote: »
    I've got the Dafang camera working with mine. Bit of a pain that the automation settings on it are in Chinese though

What server are you using? I got a couple of yeelights as well and AFAIK they only work on the Singapore server if using Google Assistant so I have the Mi Home app on the Singapore server as well.

Have also bought Xiaomi Smart Home but won't be using it until I move home.

• Advertisement

It’s set to “mainland” iirc

It’s set to “mainland” iirc
    Might try that then. Google Assistant may not work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Has anyone managed to pair a Yi Home Security Camera with the Mi Home app?

My camera works flawlessly with the Yi Home app but when I try to pair it with the Mi Home app it times out.

Maybe it's not possible?

It could be that your Yi Cam is the international version and Yi Home app likewise. If that is the case, it will not pair with the Mi Home app. For it to pair with the Mi home app. you probably need the Chinese version of the Yi Cam.

What server are you using? I got a couple of yeelights as well and AFAIK they only work on the Singapore server if using Google Assistant so I have the Mi Home app on the Singapore server as well.

Have also bought Xiaomi Smart Home but won't be using it until I move home.

Sounds right. I have a Yi ceiling light and have to pair it with the Singapore server to work with Alexa. It won't wait with Alexa using Chinese server.

There is now also a European server but I'm not sure what works on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

xiaomi experts here: has anyone of you used the button switch device to arm or disarm the security gateway?
    i know the switch can operate the yeelight bulbs.
    but i cant see any examples or documentation for using them for security on chinese server

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

xiaomi experts here: has anyone of you used the button switch device to arm or disarm the security gateway?
    but i cant see any examples or documentation for using them for security on chinese server

Yes, I do, single click to arm, double click to disarm.

You just need to create two automations:

Arm: If switch clicked, arm gateway
    Disarm: if switch double clicked, disarm gateway and turnoff gateway light

Yeah I've a few if them in the house. They make arming the alarm a lot more convenient than relying on the app.

I have the same config as BK above but I also have it set to send a notification when it's armed/disarmed.

On a somewhat related topic, I did note that the automation settings on my Dafang camera are now in English since a recent update. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thank you both.. will go for it then

I do too. I followed BKs instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Was in HK last month and went into the mi shop which sold everything under the sun from rice cookers to toothbrushes. It was quite a large store and they were going for an Apple store look.

What I intend to buy was 2 mi boxes I needed buying some sensors, switches, lights and even a neck pillow for the flight going back.

Haven’t really got round to setting up everything but I have the hub, 1 temp sensor and 1 motion detector up and going which was pretty tough. Today I thought I’ll try setting up the switch.
    Stuck the pin into the back of the switch and it flashed and the app sees it. I automated to switch on the hub light from 1 press and off for 2 presses.
    I can switch off but cannot switch on. The app logs the 1 press but does not switch the hub light on.
    So after a couple of tries I removed the switch from the app and tried to add the switch but now the switch does not flash anymore when I stick the pin in so the app does not see it.
    I think I need to reset the switch which I tried by holding the pin in for longer but still it does not flash. Anyone know how I can add the switch back again?

Block (8, try holding in the button at the back for 30 seconds or so. I think that should reset it. Then try the pairing process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Having an issue with my gateway where it stopped working one day and no matter what I try now, I can't get it back working.

I reset it as and can see the lights flashing etc when i plug it back in but I cannot get it to connect to my Wifi anymore.
    Anyone any ideas??

I can't help. Mine is still working although we have noticed a weird effect of late - when the alarm is disabled via one of the switches after the normal flash and sound effect, it just continues to flash (no sound). It needs to be unplugged to stop. It's happened a handful of times over the last few weeks.

zefer wrote: »
    Having an issue with my gateway where it stopped working one day and no matter what I try now, I can't get it back working.

I reset it as and can see the lights flashing etc when i plug it back in but I cannot get it to connect to my Wifi anymore.
    Anyone any ideas??

Should it be reset whilst plugged in?

Anything to do with 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

iba wrote: »
    Should it be reset whilst plugged in?

Anything to do with 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

No, have 5ghz turned off on router.

It was working fine a while ago and then one day I noticed the lights werent turning on/off when someone walked by the sensors (I had it all setup on home assistant)

Yeh I've tried resetting in whilst plugged in as well. It's like it just won't connect to my wifi anymore. I can hear it saying something in chinese, so seems to reset! All very odd

• Advertisement

It was working fine a while ago and then one day I noticed the lights werent turning on/off when someone walked by the sensors (I had it all setup on home assistant)

Yeh I've tried resetting in whilst plugged in as well. It's like it just won't connect to my wifi anymore. I can hear it saying something in chinese, so seems to reset! All very odd

Your better than me if you have it working with HA.

Perhaps try plugging it in next to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

I had a similar problem a while ago and it turned out that it had swapped over to the network on my TP link wifi extender. This stopped the broadcast messages from the gateway from reaching my home-assistant and meant my automations weren't firing even though the sensor was technically working.

If you install the xiaomi app do you see the sensors change on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was thinking about taking the plunge and getting some of this stuff. Any advice on what items to get first?

I thought I had red that the Gateway was compatible with Google Home. Looking on AliExpress it seems the camera below has a gateway built into it so I'm wondering if this would be Google Home compatible:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-xiaomi-aqara-cam-gateway-version-Hub-with-gateway-function-1080P-180-degrees-view-For-xiaom/32834992963.html

I was thinking about taking the plunge and getting some of this stuff. Any advice on what items to get first?

I thought I had red that the Gateway was compatible with Google Home. Looking on AliExpress it seems the camera below has a gateway built into it so I'm wondering if this would be Google Home compatible:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-xiaomi-aqara-cam-gateway-version-Hub-with-gateway-function-1080P-180-degrees-view-For-xiaom/32834992963.html

Get the kit with the gateway, sensor, plug and acouple of other things. About 55- 60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Get the kit with the gateway, sensor, plug and acouple of other things. About 55- 60 euro.

Is there much difference between the version 2 and version 3 of the range?

Is there much difference between the version 2 and version 3 of the range?

I'm sorry I dont know

My turn to have a problem - my app on android phone has updated to version 5.4.1 I think - the app now has the same appearance as the apple app.

Unfortunately though everything has gone offline and I can't figure out how to get it back online.

Did the usual, rebooted router, unplugged and plugged back in teh gateway.

Anyway else update to teh latest version, any problems?

My turn to have a problem - my app on android phone has updated to version 5.4.1 I think - the app now has the same appearance as the apple app.

Unfortunately though everything has gone offline and I can't figure out how to get it back online.

Did the usual, rebooted router, unplugged and plugged back in teh gateway.

Anyway else update to teh latest version, any problems?

I'm stuck with an apple phone for a while (which I hate) but I would say that has happened twice since I've been using this kit. The most recent being about 2 weeks ago. I just left it. When I got back from work that day it was back to normal. I've not updated anything recently.

I'm stuck with an apple phone for a while (which I hate) but I would say that has happened twice since I've been using this kit. The most recent being about 2 weeks ago. I just left it. When I got back from work that day it was back to normal. I've not updated anything recently.

Thanks. Ive actually managed to fix it. I had to change my phone from 5ghz to 2.4ghz and then the Gateway got an update and then slowly but surely everything came back online.

The app. on the Android now is the same as the app on IoS, ie.e layout and functions etc; I think its better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I bought a bunch of stuff. Been disappointed so far. The water sensor to connect to the gateway is juts a binary sensor, a simple 1 or 0 thing. I had it in the dishwasher so I could get notifications when it's done but it pushes a notification that water is gone about 4/5 through the cycle. I think it may be ok with an alarm delay but it has to be quite long time.

The gateway then just continues flashing and the entire thing needs a reboot to stop the flashing.

Positives; yeelight integration and temperature sensors are fine. Aqara wall switches worked just fine with yeelight.

Advertisement