Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Smart Home

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'm curious what I should buy instead of my Xiaomi gateway. It was working fine until Tuesday and although I haven't done any troubleshooting (except to move it closer to the WiFi) I'd prefer a dongle for my RPi. I'm using Home Assistant for everything.

Get a zigbee dongle and work them directly into Home Assistant.
    Sonoff do one for a few quid that will work with the Zigbee component in HA. Dr Zzzs has a new video on YouTube about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'm curious what I should buy instead of my Xiaomi gateway. It was working fine until Tuesday and although I haven't done any troubleshooting (except to move it closer to the WiFi) I'd prefer a dongle for my RPi. I'm using Home Assistant for everything.

I run home assistant with adguard. I live in an apartment, so only a few smart devices. Is it really worth the hassle of using home assistant + pi + conbee dongle?

I think when I eventually move on to more and more automations, it may just be easier to shell out the money for a more intuitive dedicated hub.

This guy gives a good review for hubitat:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

celticsfan wrote: »
    Folks,sorry for bumping this old thread!!

I was looking to add some window and door sensors to the house. I'm a fan of Xiaomi as they are usually bang for the buck and am stick rocking the mi mix 2s phone.

Anyway,enough nonsense...Can anyone advice which hub I should buy,I am a bit confused as there are Xiaomi branded gateways,then there are the Aqara models which is a sub company of Xiaomi. Then to confuse me even further there are EU and CN versions of the hub too...

Can anyone point me in the right direction,it would be appreciated!!

Cheers

I read somewhere recently that Xiaimi are planning on bringing out a dedicated European hub. Then I believe, Xiaomi devices released for the European market will be able to connect to that hub and the European server which will lead to quicker response times.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

iba wrote: »
    I read somewhere recently that Xiaimi are planning on bringing out a dedicated European hub. Then I believe, Xiaomi devices released for the European market will be able to connect to that hub and the European server which will lead to quicker response times.

Yea I was doing some digging and they are plans to release the M1S version of their hub later in the year,lets you connect over 100 devices as opposed to the 32 atm..it will be updated to zigbee 3.0 too

Advertisement