Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jamesob123

Hey everyone,

Would someone happen to have the Tort paper from the last round?

I can give you samples and stuff in return, it's the only thing I am missing.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

jamesob123 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Would someone happen to have the Tort paper from the last round?

I can give you samples and stuff in return, it's the only thing I am missing.

Cheers!

Hey I do! Could swap for some sample Qs?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hello everyone,

Hope study is going well and that you are all so motivated and getting lots of study done. Unlike me who is only starting some study next week.

Anyway, does anybody knows the predictions from city colleges or Griffith for Criminal and Eu law?

I have some materials if for other topics if anybody is willing to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clearsky99

Hi all, would anyone have an up to date grid for constitutional and tort?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

jewels652 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Hope study is going well and that you are all so motivated and getting lots of study done. Unlike me who is only starting some study next week.

Anyway, does anybody knows the predictions from city colleges or Griffith for Criminal and Eu law?

I'm looking or these too, criminal ,constitutional, company, contract and equity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

jewels652 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Only starting to study this week for how many subjects? I am looking for some hope at the end of the long dark tunnel as I feel no motivation whatsoever and am starting to now get worried about my laziness !!

I am sitting two subjects criminal and Eu but for what I heard they suppose to be heavy subjects.
    How many are you sitting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Leraf wrote: »
    Only starting to study this week for how many subjects? I am looking for some hope at the end of the long dark tunnel as I feel no motivation whatsoever and am starting to now get worried about my laziness !!

It's always possible, I was silly and gave myself very little time after being abroad from summer. I got materials the 31st August and sat and passed 4 starting 36 days later. It's 32 days til they start now. You're well able, it won't be pleasant depending how far behind you are but it's always doable if you go at it now and don't get stuck in your head (easier said than done I know). Good luck!

Oh and I have 4 again, 2 I've notes done for, started Con this week and Crim next week so I'll be in the same boat of a rough grind too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

It's always possible, I was silly and gave myself very little time after being abroad from summer. I got materials the 31st August and sat and passed 4 starting 36 days later. It's 32 days til they start now. You're well able, it won't be pleasant depending how far behind you are but it's always doable if you go at it now and don't get stuck in your head (easier said than done I know). Good luck!

Oh and I have 4 again, 2 I've notes done for, started Con this week and Crim next week so I'll be in the same boat of a rough grind too!

Is it not circa 40 days till they ? :O

Breacnua wrote: »
    Is it not circa 40 days till they ? :O

Damn, here I was trying to be positive! That's loads of time don't worry! I'm beginning in 31 days for tort which is first and then doing 3 in a row to end the week out in misery! You could well be 40 days as the next week they're on Wednesday , Thursday, Friday which is 40 days away exactly!

• Advertisement

Damn, here I was trying to be positive! That's loads of time don't worry! I'm beginning in 31 days for tort which is first and then doing 3 in a row to end the week out in misery! You could well be 40 days as the next week they're on Wednesday , Thursday, Friday which is 40 days away exactly!

Time to get the head down.
    I was living in a bubble :(

Time to get the head down.
    I was living in a bubble :(

I'm sure your head's been down more than you give yourself credit for. How many do you have and when?

Gomzu wrote: »
    In my experience definitely! In the October 2018 sitting the question I did on natural law probably had at most 5 cases, with a lot of my personal opinion throw in!! I think the issue with constitutional is that you have to really actually understand the judgements, which can be very different to a lot of the other exams like tort where it is just rite learning (in my experience!). I think what’s really important in constitutional is to offer an opinion/ view on theory, cases etc, and that’s what I tried to do for my paper.

Also, yes the Supreme Court book is by Ruadhán Mac Cormaic!
    scooby321 wrote: »
    Great, thanks very much!

Alright the Supreme Court book is actually excellent. Read the chapter on Crotty there and the referenda that occurred around then and it was very explanatory and framed it in a way which was (dare I say it) quite interesting. Could be invaluable if one was to get a lovely question for the case notes that had something huge like Crotty or Norris or McGee as well as one of the more modern ones that will likely be in the notes in some other topic.

Also, O'Mahony's in Limerick got the book to Tipp in under 20 hours which was a ridiculous and pleasant surprise !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bunt1989

Can anyone tell me what the best legislative source to bring into the exam for EU would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Jimdtug1

In the same boat, have 3 left and for the life of me can't get the motivation to start. My only cause for hope is that I've felt the exact same for the two sittings in which I've passed exams so maybe i just need the pressure to kick in.

I think 2 full days of study per exam, studying 6-7 topics to a high level is enough time to get a reasonable level of knowledge to pass each subject? Critical to this method is smart studying of relevant examinable topics and their respective notes, cases and when to apply.
    Anybody agree/disagree?

Bunt1989 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the best legislative source to bring into the exam for EU would be?

I got blackstones and it's very useful and navigable.

I'm sure your head's been down more than you give yourself credit for. How many do you have and when?

contract
    criminal
    property

Jimdtug1 wrote: »
    In the same boat, have 3 left and for the life of me can't get the motivation to start. My only cause for hope is that I've felt the exact same for the two sittings in which I've passed exams so maybe i just need the pressure to kick in.

I think 2 full days of study per exam, studying 6-7 topics to a high level is enough time to get a reasonable level of knowledge to pass each subject? Critical to this method is smart studying of relevant examinable topics and their respective notes, cases and when to apply.
    Anybody agree/disagree?

Smart studying gets you concise answers. Got all my scripts back today and that was very apparent. Completely lost as to what I was asked and answered 9 pages for one question and got a 9 in contract. Answered another concisely with 4 pages and got a 14, they really want you to show your understanding. Also Equity lady underlined every single case so that's relevant info too.

contract
    criminal
    property

You haven't got any of the (reputationally speaking) nasty 3 so you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Smart studying gets you concise answers. Got all my scripts back today and that was very apparent. Completely lost as to what I was asked and answered 9 pages for one question and got a 9 in contract. Answered another concisely with 4 pages and got a 14, they really want you to show your understanding. Also Equity lady underlined every single case so that's relevant info too.
    Are you able to get back all your scripts or only those that you failed?

• Advertisement

Pyggg wrote: »
    Are you able to get back all your scripts or only those that you failed?

No need to have failed them, just email them your number and ask to get them. Address is fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie and they got back to me in 2 weeks with scans of them all, very helpful going into the next set to know what was good and what was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

The Oct 2018 examiners report is FINALLY up

The Oct 2018 examiners report is FINALLY up

There's no way to view them online is there? You have to buy them and get them in the post right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jamesob123

Hey folks,

Would any of ye be able to let me know what was on the EU paper in October?

If you're stuck, can give you some samples on some things in return!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Jimdtug1 wrote: »

Anybody agree/disagree?

I have three left also. I am completely terrified. I feel like there is so little time left. I have notes done but they are extensive and I wont have time to whittle them down. I am thinking I will just read all I can on a topic repeatedly until it sinks in and hope that in a couple of weeks I can whittle the topic down to a page to study in the days leading to the exam.

Unless anyone has a better idea!

Leraf wrote: »

I have three left also. I am completely terrified. I feel like there is so little time left. I have notes done but they are extensive and I wont have time to whittle them down. I am thinking I will just read all I can on a topic repeatedly until it sinks in and hope that in a couple of weeks I can whittle the topic down to a page to study in the days leading to the exam.

Unless anyone has a better idea!

Everyone works different but personally when I finish a topics notes I leave a page blank at the end. Then I write the case names in red and one line in black describing what it's about so we'll say 5 per subtopic. Looking at tort here for example, for Trespass to person I have Assault - 7 lines 7 cases, Battery 7 lines and 7 cases and False Imprisonment 6 lines.

Cover the black and go down and see if you can give a line what the case is for when you see the name. Once you can confidently, do the opposite, see if you can give the case name from the description. Once you can do that start building up associations so for assault be able to say your cases in a row. Once you can say your (for example) 7 assault cases in a row you know in the exam if you only remember 1 at least 3 or 4 more will follow just from association.

Just a technique if you're stuck for time and trying to be clever with it and have volume! :)

Hey everyone,

Which topics should I cover for Eu and criminal ? And any predictions from the main colleges would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Struggling with the chapter on the family in constitutional. I kept putting it off and now the time has come... In particular can't grasp the non-marital protection and the fathers rights. There's so many cases and I'm trying to understand which are the important ones and their outcomes.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Would anyone have the Criminal Examiner Reports from October 2018 to send me? Can send you things from any other subject :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

I'm just curious to know- do many of you here use mind maps to memorise chapters/ essays?

I could never memorize any other way! Im so jealous of people you can read/hear something and know it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement