Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

What are people’s thoughts on family for constitutional, given it’s appearance twice in the last sitting? I feel it may be too obvious to cut it out

I think it's one of those ones where you have to say when it comes up before it's not a case of "it won't repeat" but rather "it's popular as hell I can't not have it".

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

That's exactly what I'm thinking, the way it could have come up would have been a problem question but now such a problem isn't really a problem? I was thinking the exact same, chart the developments until now, but even then it seems a little pointless too doesn't it?

I only have a 2017 manual so if anyone has one since the law it would be a huge help if they could share how they consider it in the manual now?

Yeah my manual doesn't cover the changes so in the same boat as yourself. I'll probably know the main cases going in but don't think its a section I'll focus too much on

holliek wrote: »
    Yeah my manual doesn't cover the changes so in the same boat as yourself. I'll probably know the main cases going in but don't think its a section I'll focus too much on

I feel the same about a lot of the marriage stuff with the Marriage Act 2015 making a lot of that less applicable. They asked unmarried fathers last year so it's hard to know what they could bring up. Adoption? Decisions being made regarding the childs health?

Anyone who was at the UCD constitutional event, what did they focus on as topical at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Does anyone have an up to date grid for tort and/ or constitutional? Can swap for reports (inc. October 2018), sample answers etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

anyone know what came up on the 2018 papers for criminal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 clearsky99

Does anyone have up to date constitutional and tort grids they wouldn’t mind sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

What was question 8 in the last sitting for equity? Some kind of trust?

Also wondering about injunctions for equity. Do interlocutory injunctions never come up? It doesn't even appear on my exam grid...

Thanks!

What was question 8 in the last sitting for equity? Some kind of trust?

Also wondering about injunctions for equity. Do interlocutory injunctions never come up? It doesn't even appear on my exam grid...

Thanks!

I didn't do that question but I do remember there was a question in relation to a half secret trust mixed with joint accounts.

If I remember correctly looking at papers prepping for last set there was an equity question before where they wanted an interlocutory injunction pending full trial (to do with a painting they said they owned I think) a couple sittings back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Supreme!Fox

For Company Law, would it be safe to leave out Chapter 4 (Doctrine of Ultra Vires)>as it is not really relevant post 2014, and Chapter 5 (Corporate Authority)>as it came up in the last sitting and does not come up often?

Also, has Disqualification of Directors ever come up on the exam?

And finally, are there any other topics you could leave out?

Thanks.

For Company Law, would it be safe to leave out Chapter 4 (Doctrine of Ultra Vires)>as it is not really relevant post 2014, and Chapter 5 (Corporate Authority)>as it came up in the last sitting and does not come up often?

Also, has Disqualification of Directors ever come up on the exam?

And finally, are there any other topics you could leave out?

Thanks.

My memory is a little foggy as I sat it last set but I studied Ostensible authority (Turquand etc) and ultra vires aspects together as I considered them related and to be a relatively easy if they came up. Turquand came up and was a lovely question. I wouldn't leave UV out to be honest, even learn 5-10 easy cases and trace it's rise and fall and where it stands now. Know about the Bell House Clause ( I think that was the name). Keane had a good quote too about how mad things got that people had small shops with the ability to build ports and what not in their Mems and Arts just to make sure they could do anything.

He really likes bringing up bad bookkeeping (last 2 in a row) and then fraudulent trading I think came up last time too. So sadly it can be relevant also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Would it be ok to leave out the changes the 2014 companies act has implemented in the law since it is now like 5 years old ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Notions

Does anyone have an up to date grid for tort and/ or constitutional? Can swap for reports (inc. October 2018), sample answers etc.

Thanks!

I just updated a grid for Tort. Can pass on if needed.

Does anyone have an idea of predictions:

I’m thinking:

1. Trespass/Nuisance/Rylands
    2. Duty of Care
    3. Causation/remoteness
    4. Vicarious Liability
    5. Negligence
    6. Damages
    7. Nervous shock
    8. Passing off
    9. Med Neg

As most likely! Has anyone tips or think this is off the mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castle123

EQUITY

What are people covering for Equity? Nearly impossible to predict this exam given how she repeated so much from March to October last year :(

Thanks again bigtophat. I think we only have constit'l in common. If you want a quick rundown of what I'm preparing for it then give me a DM. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭vid36

Notions wrote: »
    I just updated a grid for Tort. Can pass on if needed.

Does anyone have an idea of predictions:

I’m thinking:

1. Trespass/Nuisance/Rylands
    2. Duty of Care
    3. Causation/remoteness
    4. Vicarious Liability
    5. Negligence
    6. Damages
    7. Nervous shock
    8. Passing off
    9. Med Neg

As most likely! Has anyone tips or think this is off the mark?
    I think you need more. Occupier's liability, Employers and defective product at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AJM95

Anyone know how we get exam numbers and info?

All I've gotten so far from the law society is an email with receipt of my exams I've paid for?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

AJM95 wrote: »
    Anyone know how we get exam numbers and info?

All I've gotten so far from the law society is an email with receipt of my exams I've paid for?

Thanks

They will send you a letter closer to the exams with your ID & seat number and all the other information like a plan to get to the Red Cow Hotel & Inn.

Can anyone list what came up in Equity Autumn '18 sitting? Or pass me an up to date grid for equity - I can help for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hello,

Any kind soul willing to share whatever materials they have for EU?

I have lots of materials for criminal and other topics too.

PM if interested.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Can anyone list what came up in Equity Autumn '18 sitting? Or pass me an up to date grid for equity - I can help for others.

Don't have a grid but just looking back at the paper now:

1. Prop Estoppel Essay
    2. Tracing PQ
    3. Mareva Essay
    4. Joint Deposit A/C PQ
    5. Cy-Pres Essay
    6. Undue Influence PQ
    7. Case Note on
    (i) Re Hastings Bass
    (ii) Removal of Trustees
    (iii) Strong v Bird
    8. Secret Trusts PQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Jimdtug1

You haven't got any of the (reputationally speaking) nasty 3 so you'll be fine!
    What are the nasty 3 exams people refer to?

Excellent thank you!!!

Also, could anyone tell me when the results will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Tort- Quick question does Defamation come up nearly every paper? no grids to hand hence why i ask.

Jimdtug1 wrote: »
    What are the nasty 3 exams people refer to?

They're all nasty lol

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

ally1234 wrote: »
    Tort- Quick question does Defamation come up nearly every paper? no grids to hand hence why i ask.

Don't have one at hand rn but I think that it is very frequent indeed.

Is statutory liability useful to learn for torts or could I do without it along with public authority liability?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

About 2 of every 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Are people sticking with the standard Property Q's?

So far I have covered:

Succession x2
    Adverse Possession
    Registered/Unregistered Land
    Finding
    Mortgages

I will probably add Co-Ownership and Easements...is that enough?

Criminal I'm covering basically everything except Offences against Justice/State and maybe Inchoate.

Haven't even looked at Tort/Criminal yet, god help me.

lawless11 wrote: »
    Don't have one at hand rn but I think that it is very frequent indeed.

Is statutory liability useful to learn for torts or could I do without it along with public authority liability?[/QUOTE,

If i get time i may skim through those two topics, im not sure if they are frequent topics though! there's so much to learn for tort, its horrendous and so burdensome.

• Advertisement

They're all nasty lol

I agree with this completely! The reputation is Tort, Constitutional and EU are the biggest and heaviest and while I'm finding Tort to be awful and constitutional to be tough enough I found both Contract and Equity harder than EU so it really depends on the person and what you find interesting because that always makes it so much easier to learn and understand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement