Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

:)

Thanks. So I have to setup a paypal account for each Country?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No just some of the stricter ones (who won't take Irish credit/debit cards).

For example, your Irish card will work fine in South Africa and Russia.

Thanks.
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Uh-Oh..... Locked myself out of paypal. :( On my Irish account. I can login to Mexican account, but can't do anything.

I created a Mexican account without a credit card. I then logged out, and logged into my Irish account.
    A message appeared saying they would try to ring my phone and I was to type in a 4 digit code. The phonecall never happened, and it said on the site "Something went wrong on our end - call again". I pressed call again and still no call.
    Now paypal says this
    8GVzOp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've never gotten a Mexican account to work (I assume Banjo has?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Afraid not, I just regurgitate what I've read elsewhere and live vicariously through others. It does work though, apparently. Did it for the US and ran out of mail addresses, mostly due to being a luddite. Presume you didn't use the same email address as your Irish account and used the website rather than the phone app to create the account? Also did you put in a Mexican phone number? They may be ringing that if somehow your accounts have become conflated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It was me who figured it out. Created a mexican paypal account with my aib debit as funding source and a mexican embassy as address.

I've been curled up in a ball since early yesterday, waiting nervously for the knock in the door...
    "Are you the person that tried to get Warplanes from Mexico for €0.90 cents?"

My nerves are shot...
    "YES!! YES IT WAS MEEEEE, BANJO SAID IT WOULD BE OKAAYYY!!"
    "Who is this 'Banjo'?"
    "HE'S ON BOOAARRDDSSS!!""

I've a feeling it'll go something like that..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Suckit wrote: »
    I've been curled up in a ball since early yesterday, waiting nervously for the knock in the door...
    "Are you the person that tried to get Warplanes from Mexico for €0.90 cents?"

My nerves are shot...
    "YES!! YES IT WAS MEEEEE, BANJO SAID IT WOULD BE OKAAYYY!!"
    "Who is this 'Banjo'?"
    "HE'S ON BOOAARRDDSSS!!""

I've a feeling it'll go something like that..

It's the electrodes to the nethers that upset me the most.
    And a South African download of Snake Pass just wasn't worth it!

What is the story with esho.pw and savecoins.app?
    I can use them to buy from other regions without the need to create an account on my switch?
    Or what is the point in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ashamed to say it but the switch isn't getting the love it deserves. Going to get dead cells and maybe dark souls.

Been playing diablo 3 on the ps4 (would have preferred it on the switch but it was 20 quid on ps4) and some metro 2033.

• Advertisement

I'm not giving the switch any love at all. I think I might have to get rid of it.

What would be a good price for a switch, mario kart, super mario, minecraft, rayman legends and just dance 2018?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

I'm not giving the switch any love at all. I think I might have to get rid of it.

What would be a good price for a switch, mario kart, super mario, minecraft, rayman legends and just dance 2018?

Don't sell it before you play breath of the wild.
    Then sell it.

conormario wrote: »
    Don't sell it before you play breath of the wild.
    Then sell it.

Also you could trade in some of those games in cex for botw. Maybe even try donkey Kong tropical freeze. Eg right now you could swap kart for botw. Assuming you've physical games.

Was posted on HUKD, and I think they're right. Gold points for Switch carts are claimable for 2 years, so if you haven't claimed them yet, get your BotW kart back in the switch and claim them now! Then play it again for a while.

Can't believe our special little guy is two tomorrow.... Happy Switchmas eve everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Has there been any murmurs of an upgrade to the switch coming up? Picked it up at the start for botw and sold it after but tempted to pick it up again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Has there been any murmurs of an upgrade to the switch coming up? Picked it up at the start for botw and sold it after but tempted to pick it up again.

Lots of people trying to look smart by suggesting there is, but no sign of it or even a substantiated rumour.
    Truth is that the Switch will eventually get a refresh, probably focusing on a bigger screen, battery and storage but in the same form factor.
    And this is going to happen half-way through it's lifespan.

As we are now at the two year mark and with time rolling on, it becomes ever more likely that the refresh is going to be announced.

I'd say that it is at least a year away, and I'd buy it now and be happy with it.

A refresh will be announced with enough of a lead-in time to allow you to sell it on, if you have to, and buy the updated hardware.
    Plus, Gamestop have had decent deals on trading in PS4's for PS4Pro's over the past couple of years, so I'd say a similar deal with the Switch would be a sure thing.

Most of you have probably already seen this, but I had to post, as I think it's pretty cool :D
    I was looking for the Bluetooth Audio Adapter Mr. E posted on the bargains forum and found THIS SITE, this was in one of the links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

My 4 year old has taken a massive shine to the Nintendo Switch in recent weeks, and as a responsible parent who puts the needs of my children before my own, I feel obliged to purchase a switch and show him how to play it.

Are there any good value deals out there on a new switch?

Or are there any expected price drops in the near future?

Vikings wrote: »
    My 4 year old has taken a massive shine to the Nintendo Switch in recent weeks, and as a responsible parent who puts the needs of my children before my own, I feel obliged to purchase a switch and show him how to play it.

Are there any good value deals out there on a new switch?

Or are there any expected price drops in the near future?

Locally this seems to be the best kind of price from a bricks and mortar store,
    Neon Switch at Smyths for 329.99 Euro

For another €20 you'll get the Switch with Super Smash Brothers in PC World/Curries
    Link

Good value for SSB console.
    Really - is SSB suitable for a 4 year old though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Depends. They won't be able to play it properly but they'll enjoy pressing buttons and seeing pretty colours. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My four year old isnt brutal at Mario kart although we only do him v me. He has more issues dealing with disappointment at missing boxes etc than pronlems controlling it. And we’ve only had it a week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Honestly, no.
    Takes a good while to get used to playing it, you have to unlock most of the characters and simply its not a good game for beginners aged just 4.
    Mario Kart and Odyssey would be hard for young kids probably using assists too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just to add, it’s not his obviously-it’s mine. Ain’t buying a 300e console for a four year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can anyone tell me where to find info on the amount of patches or update switch games have I have no home broadband so want to try to get games I won't need to patch or use my mobile to tether for

Skyrim and Zelda are on my to get list but so were South Park and Dark Souls but I believe both of them have big patches

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can anyone tell me where to find info on the amount of patches or update switch games have I have no home broadband so want to try to get games I won't need to patch or use my mobile to tether for

Skyrim and Zelda are on my to get list but so were South Park and Dark Souls but I believe both of them have big patches

No broadband? Where do you live? The 80s :eek:

Seriously though if your not connected to the internet the game won't try to patch itself so you can just play away. You could always go to a local Hotel and have a coffee while your games update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

Zelda hasnt had a patch in ages, it'd be a gigabyte to download it now.
    No idea about Skyrim.
    South park I thought has half the game as an update, or am I wrong?
    No idea about dark souls.

If you're thinking of using phone data, be careful unless you're "unlimited".

I haven't started either of these games up for a while but Southpark takes up 5.9GB and Dark Souls takes up 86.9 MB

Edit : to be clear, both are the downloads to play from cart. Can't remember if I played either without downloading anything first.

Banjo wrote: »
    I haven't started either of these games up for a while but Southpark takes up 5.9GB and Dark Souls takes up 86.9 MB

Not to mention the space in your broken heart...
    giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c815858422f4d424538729d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I've never played Skyrim or Dark Souls on any console am set on getting Skyrim in the next week.

Is it crazy that I don't want any of Mario Odyssey, Arms, Splatoon or Bayonetta.

Advertisement