Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Kimbot wrote: »
    Buy one of these, I picked one up and they are actually really good. NFC built in and all :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0795D8WPK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, might have a go at that. Had a pro controller the first time I bought a Switch, found it really good!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have one of those Beboncool controllers and it's great, more comfortable than either a single joycon or both on the mount. Being cheaper than a Pro by a fair bit also helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I just saw a charge for €3.99 on my card today, I haven't bought anything on the switch in over a week, but I can see it says 'automatic payment'.
    Where or how do I turn that off?

EDITED - Is there any way to check what it is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Suckit wrote: »
    I just saw a charge for €3.99 on my card today, I haven't bought anything on the switch in over a week, but I can see it says 'automatic payment'.

Is that the online service?

EDITED - Is there any way to check what it is for?

Most likely Switch Online.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/FAQ-1374625.html

Look for the "Is it possible to stop automatic renewal?" question.

• Advertisement

Most likely Switch Online.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/FAQ-1374625.html

Look for the "Is it possible to stop automatic renewal?" question.

Yeah, that was it, thanks. I have no idea how that was activated, I don't use it, didn't even try a trial, they took it last month too from paypal balance, so I hadn't noticed it then.

Q.
    Is it possible to stop automatic renewal?

A.
    Yes, it can be stopped at any time. Select Terminate Automatic Renewal by selecting Account Information and then Pass Settings in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch. Alternatively, you can terminate automatic renewal from the Nintendo Account website by selecting Shop Menu in your Nintendo Account settings, then selecting Pass Settings.

Yeah, that was it, thanks. I have no idea how that was activated, I don't use it, didn't even try a trial, they took it last month too from paypal balance, so I hadn't noticed it then.

That's odd. Anybody else use your console?

Maybe contact their support about that. At the very least, they should be able to tell you when it was activated.

That's odd. Anybody else use your console?

Maybe contact their support about that. At the very least, they should be able to tell you when it was activated.

My Nephew (5 years old) is the only person that has been near it, but he has his own account, and I don't allow "keep my details" when I pay.

It was activated on 23rd of February.

I am guessing that is around the time I set it up and they offered me a 7 day trial to it (I'm not even sure what 'it' is). I guess I must have allowed it and then they started billing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Another demo for Mario aces is up. You get 1 free week with online emailed to you when you download.

I already have a sub so can't use it. First come for whoever wants it:

C0316PH669VGRN9K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I got one too that I don't need

C0313GX24NK5PL58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Can you still swap shop regions easily enough? Remember hearing a while back they made it more difficult or did they just raise the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is Mario Tennis Aces worth a go lads? Looking for something I can casually pick up and play for a half hour here and there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is Mario Tennis Aces worth a go lads? Looking for something I can casually pick up and play for a half hour here and there.

Sure give the week long demo a bash and see what you think :D

Picked it up at release, sold it roughly one week later.

Found the single player/offline experience very lacking (even with the story mode):
    • Tournaments/Matches too short - one one set of two games
    • No real match customisation options when you want a local quick play. (I think you were limited to the two game sets and couldn't pick the court)

Found the online was a bit annoying:
    • Bad connections
    • Everyone played Spike
    • Really bad connections

Now, that's how it was at release.

It has had many updates since then, so I've no idea how it plays now.

Having said all that, do this...
    Kimbot wrote: »
    Sure give the week long demo a bash and see what you think :D
    It'll give you a flavour of how the game plays, so you can make up your own mind. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

thanks lads, should just have looked up, didnt realise the codes above were for this. Ill give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am due to head on a 12 hour flight later in the week and bringing my switch with me. I am wondering is stardew vallay worth while?.

And is it very like harvert moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I am due to head on a 12 hour flight later in the week and bringing my switch with me. I am wondering is stardew vallay worth while?.

I put 140+ hours into it on PC. It's not bad. :pac:

Not played Harvest Moon, but I've read it's similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

It's 12 euros on CD keys so I am like will I bite?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

First game I purchased on the eshop was Stardew Valley 2 years ago, I still play it, great game, very like Harvest Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yes. I've put about 110 hours into it over 2 games so far, loving it. It's the same thing as old-school Harvest moon - clear the ground, plant seasonal crops, make money, invest in animals, make more money, repeat forever and all the while be trying to buy yourself a concubine through gifting. There's a Rune Factory-esque Mine where you dig rocks and fight monsters but there's no monster taming for slave farm labour. There's a series of quests tied to rewards that unlock farm features or just make your town a nicer place to live that keep you focussed for the first year or two, and after that it's all about personal goals, automation, skill mastery, check-list completion, mine progress, trying to bang every bachelor/bacherlorette/both in town etc etc and your mileage may vary. But it's magic. And now you can multiplay if you have multiple switches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

+1 on Stardew. I put a serious amount of time into it over two or three week period to the point i had to stop :pac:

Really really fun game to just throw on and play though there is so much to jump into and experience that i wish they made more!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just saw in the Virtual Console thread Saints Row The Third is out on Switch.

I completely misses thia, is that a sort of extra nonsense GTA clone?

I'm sure someone told me it was good once, is it worth lookimg at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just saw in the Virtual Console thread Saints Row The Third is out on Switch.

I completely misses thia, is that a sort of extra nonsense GTA clone?

I'm sure someone told me it was good once, is it worth lookimg at?

The Saints Row series, being lazy, is a GTA style game that doesn't take itself seriously. Lots of crazy set pieces, weapons etc. This is probably my favorite one from back in the day.

I've only seen one review that raised concerns about performance/graphics in docked mode, but the game itself is solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

OSI wrote: »
    You remember in the earlier GTA games when you spent hours just trying to see how much **** you could blow up, how many people you could mow over, and just generally how much chaos you could cause? That's Saints Row.

With added Dildo weapons"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I finished the 4 Saints Row games on the 360.
    Definitely have Saints Row 2 as the best one just the closest thing to PS2 era GTA that there has been since, then second best is SR: The Third just had the right amount of fun the 4th one felt like it went too far with OTT superpowers and the Alien invasion as the main focus was a bad idea.

SR3 spoilers
    Pretty sure Aliens invade late in the third but it wasn't a central plot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

ERG89 wrote: »
    I finished the 4 Saints Row games on the 360.
    Definitely have Saints Row 2 as the best one just the closest thing to PS2 era GTA that there has been since, then second best is SR: The Third just had the right amount of fun the 4th one felt like it went too far with OTT superpowers and the Alien invasion as the main focus was a bad idea.

SR3 spoilers
    Pretty sure Aliens invade late in the third but it wasn't a central plot point.

Gat out hell really jumped the shark.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Picked up Fast RMX since it's discounted on the eShop. Have only played a few minutes so far but it seems set to fill the F-Zero-shaped gap left by Nintendo.

I mean, I'm pretty bad at it but that's nothing new when it comes to racing games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fysh wrote: »
    Picked up Fast RMX since it's discounted on the eShop. Have only played a few minutes so far but it seems set to fill the F-Zero-shaped gap left by Nintendo.

I mean, I'm pretty bad at it but that's nothing new when it comes to racing games :D

Argos have Trailblazers on sale at the moment I bought it myself but it's still sealed as I am playing other stuff at the moment looks like a cross between wipeout and F-Zero it's €14 in Argos so worth a go for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Fysh wrote: »

One of my favourite games on the Switch. Loved the Wii U version too. Brilliant game!

• Advertisement

Has anyone played the Switch port of Clustertruck? I got it on Steam as part of a cheap bundle recently and the idea is fun but the execution feels wonky - poorly chosen non-remappable controller layout and no option for a 3rd person view. I had been considering the Switch version but with this control setup I think I'd just find it really irritating. (I'm already looking into modding options for the PC version, which doesn't exactly bode well...)

Advertisement