Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Any opinions on Owlboy lads. I've read some good reviews but others saying it's more style over substance and gameplay doesn't live up to the pretty graphics. Decent price at the moment and would look lovely in my backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

skerry wrote: »
    Any opinions on Owlboy lads. I've read some good reviews but others saying it's more style over substance and gameplay doesn't live up to the pretty graphics. Decent price at the moment and would look lovely in my backlog

One word for me. Yawn.

chrislad wrote: »
    One word for me. Yawn.

Really. Looks lovely but I'm not hearing the gameplay is anything fantastic. On the other hand reviewers positively gush over it. Might save my sheckles on that one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

One word for me. Yawn.

Yeah I finished it but yawn sums it up perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

yep, owlboy = over-rated. Didnt much like sonic or wonderboy either. Celeste and Hollow knight by far the best platformers on the system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You're a bunch of Owl cynics

manual_man wrote: »
    You're a bunch of Owl cynics

All suffering from a dose of Irritable Owl Syndrome :)

Think I might put my sheckles towards Final Fantasy IX instead, never played it before and heard its kind of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I wonder if there's ever going to be a feature where you can play the likes of Hollow Knight or Celeste while you're waiting for the AI to take it's turn in Civilisation.... Hurry up, Cleopatra, you backstabbing goat-daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I also want to get this...

But after only getting to finish disc 2 on the PS 20 years ago... And starting multiple times since on emulators... And getting fed up of sir rust bucket... I'm thinking I won't get it...

... Ah who am I kidding... I can add it to that other final fantasy game I bought before Christmas and have yet to download...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Banjo wrote: »
    I wonder if there's ever going to be a feature where you can play the likes of Hollow Knight or Celeste while you're waiting for the AI to take it's turn in Civilisation.... Hurry up, Cleopatra, you backstabbing goat-daughter!

Can you not speed up the AI moves??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mine arrived this morning, I've been glued to it.
    How to tell if it's charging? The green light only lights for a second, than then it goes off again. I thought it wasn't in the cradle properly. There are a lot of updates. Every time I insert a game, updates. Asterix so far has been the biggest at 10 minutes.

Is there any way to turn off the notifications in Pokemon for when all of your pokemon have levelled up or learned a new thing, or just get used it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Would captain toadstool be too much like Mario odyssey? Debating between getting it or Diablo on the store at the moment :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Kimbot wrote: »
    Would captain toadstool be too much like Mario odyssey? Debating between getting it or Diablo on the store at the moment :)

They're nothing alike, Captain Toad is a puzzle game. Pretty decent actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Was looking for something like Ikaruga and found Danmaku Unlimited 3 through a Google search. Bought it and didn't play it for much longer than 10 minutes, maybe I was spoilt with Ikaruga but it just seemed like a mess in comparison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They're nothing alike, Captain Toad is a puzzle game. Pretty decent actually.

Sweet, I might pick that up so first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I can't remember if I've asked this before, sorry if I have.

Outside of Mario Kart, what's the best racing game on the Switch? Is there anything remotely like the old Gran Tourismo ones?

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I bought V Rally 4 recently and I'm really enjoying it. Only bad thing about it is the pop-in shadows while driving. But that doesn't get in the way of a great driving game with lots of driving modes. Enjoying the single player campaign a lot. It's on sale in the eshop for just over €30 i think.
    I love rally games. This is a good one in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Horizon Chase Turbo and Fast Racing Neo are good. For something Gran Turismo-esque you're probably better waiting for GRID Autosport later this year

With the next Pikmin game still not announced, things have gotten rough.

Playing Grip at the minute (their definition of 'Easy' is a lot different to mine.

After every race is finished, there is a screen that loads
    "a paid membership to Nintendo Switch Online is required.
    Enhance your gaming experience!"
    And an option to cancel or go to Nintendo eShop.
    After choosing cancel, it loads up again twice more.
    Is there any way to cancel that screen from appearing at all?

I've checked in the settings and can't find anything.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Playing Grip at the minute (their definition of 'Easy' is a lot different to mine.

After every race is finished, there is a screen that loads
    "a paid membership to Nintendo Switch Online is required.
    Enhance your gaming experience!"
    And an option to cancel or go to Nintendo eShop.
    After choosing cancel, it loads up again twice more.
    Is there any way to cancel that screen from appearing at all?

I've checked in the settings and can't find anything.

Not sure, but on a related note, is it any good? I loved Rollcage 2 on the PSOne years ago.

Not sure, but on a related note, is it any good? I loved Rollcage 2 on the PSOne years ago.

I can't judge, I've not played anything like it since Wipeout.

It's hard.... (imo), I keep ending up going wrong way or crashing :o.

I've not got used to all of the controls yet, one thing I don't like is the 2nd weapon/item requires pressing R to use. I find that difficult as the accelerate is ZR underneath it.

But I'll definitely keep playing it, as they could be just beginner problems, and seems like it might be a good, fun game if I get past the learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I've finished Mario Odyssey played as much as I could of Mario Kart and just recently finished the main single player section of Smash bros. I have Zelda and Undertale I think it's called on the switch but wondering is any other game I should play first!?

I know Zelda is meant to be amazing I've just never played any Zelda games before so dunno what to make of them....

I've looked threw so many lists online what switch games to play just dunno there's nothing jumping out at me! Any ideas??

I recently finished Rdr2 Resident evil remake 2 and play alot of pro evo to give an idea of what I'm currently playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So I've finished Mario Odyssey played as much as I could of Mario Kart and just recently finished the main single player section of Smash bros. I have Zelda and Undertale I think it's called on the switch but wondering is any other game I should play first!?

I know Zelda is meant to be amazing I've just never played any Zelda games before so dunno what to make of them....

I've looked threw so many lists online what switch games to play just dunno there's nothing jumping out at me! Any ideas??

I recently finished Rdr2 Resident evil remake 2 and play alot of pro evo to give an idea of what I'm currently playing!

BOTW was my first Zelda game and I enjoyed it but took a break about half way through and haven't gone back yet.

I really like Octopath Traveller. Probably one of my favorite games of last year. Love you art style and the music is great. It's quite a long game as well though.

If your looking for something short why not try Celeste, Into The Breach, Gris or Dead Cells?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    BOTW was my first Zelda game and I enjoyed it but took a break about half way through and haven't gone back yet.

I really like Octopath Traveller. Probably one of my favorite games of last year. Love you art style and the music is great. It's quite a long game as well though.

If your looking for something short why not try Celeste, Into The Breach, Gris or Dead Cells?

Thanks for reply! Are all them indie style games good there's so many of them highly rated for the switch but I've played similar before and got bored.

Bascially I'm not paying for the games so I don't care ha but I'd like to find something out the blue that would wow me!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks for reply! Are all them indie style games good there's so many of them highly rated for the switch but I've played similar before and got bored.

Bascially I'm not paying for the games so I don't care ha but I'd like to find something out the blue that would wow me!

It really depends on what you like to be honest. I loved Hollow Knight but others hated it.

What about Dark Souls or Diablo?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It really depends on what you like to be honest. I loved Hollow Knight but others hated it.

What about Dark Souls or Diablo?

I have dark souls for playstation. I love rpg s but the style of a lot of them turns me off. I just want something fun that plays well. An awful lot the switch games I dunno what to think of half them there not much to look at but seem to rate well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Get Arms. It's different. Looks great, plays like Punch Out on mushrooms, and like peeing into a hole in the ground it's as deep or shallow as you let it be. Only thing is that single player gets lonely.

Banjo wrote: »
    Get Arms. It's different. Looks great, plays like Punch Out on mushrooms, and like peeing into a hole in the ground it's as deep or shallow as you let it be. Only thing is that single player gets lonely.

Haha ill have to see what this is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think there's a demo for ARMS.

Advertisement