Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Picked up super mario odyssey earlier, cracking game so far :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

rejkin wrote: »
    @sephiroth_dude:
    It's pretty good! I haven't gotten to play it enough to see much distinctive difference in it and the way advanced wars plays but it's certainly a game I can see playing a lot of

Is it hard? I heard its pretty unforgiving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I've the first 5 or 6 missions done. Not 'unforgiving' or 'hard' so far. Just need to be smart about what units to recruit and where to position them.

Can be tempting to use the hero as an overpowered tank and then get mobbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From reading reviews earlier this week, I think the "unforgiving" comes from the later levels.
    They are quite long (up to an hour to finish) and there are no checkpoints or undos.
    If you lose, you have to restart the level from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr E wrote: »
    From reading reviews earlier this week, I think the "unforgiving" comes from the later levels.
    They are quite long (up to an hour to finish) and there are no checkpoints or undos.
    If you lose, you have to restart the level from the start.

From an reddit AMA, devs said they have some QoL updates on the way. Hopefully this is one. I won't have time to get stuck in for a couple weeks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I've been making my way through Wargroove so far and am enjoying it. I don't get the complaints about having to restart a long battle after losing - that's the whole point! It's good that it's challenging, it keeps you focused on making correct decisions, taking your time to consider the best move etc. It'd be much less enjoyable if you could just try something out and revert back to a save if it didn't work out. It'd defeat the purpose imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

So far I have to agree on the consensus.

If you are smart about your approach on each level you can get through pretty well. Lowest I've got so far in scoring was an A with that being the second highest score. I haven't changed any of the difficulty yet so we shall see!

Looking at the way the custom maps and campaigns section is already filling out I could see this game having a serious long life much like the way people still create levels on mario maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Does anyone ever get random sound disappearing i'm getting it every 20 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played for a few hours yesterday, no issue with sound.
    rejkin wrote: »
    Lowest I've got so far in scoring was an A with that being the second highest score.

Lowest for me was a B. I was playing too cautiously and took too many turns. I've heard the rating is based on how many turns you take...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone know what Agartha-S is like?
    The game looks interesting but I can't find any reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I posted a few weeks ago about a button on my joycon not working, they sorted me out over chat & last week I got it sent over for repair.

This morning I got an email saying it's an operating system fault and they're charging me £29 to fix it. I ordered it Nov 27th 2017 & I noticed the issue before Christmas so you're talking a little under 13 months. Because they took so long to sort me out it's been another 6 weeks between it breaking & them receiving it.

Am I just sh*t out of luck that it stopped working a few weeks after the 12 month mark? It's going to annoy me paying that if so, especially when a new one just costs an extra £10 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I posted a few weeks ago about a button on my joycon not working, they sorted me out over chat & last week I got it sent over for repair.

This morning I got an email saying it's an operating system fault and they're charging me £29 to fix it. I ordered it Nov 27th 2017 & I noticed the issue before Christmas so you're talking a little under 13 months. Because they took so long to sort me out it's been another 6 weeks between it breaking & them receiving it.

Am I just sh*t out of luck that it stopped working a few weeks after the 12 month mark? It's going to annoy me paying that if so, especially when a new one just costs an extra £10 on Amazon.

Where did you buy the Switch?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Where did you buy the Switch?

Amazon UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

That's the boat I was in. Even after support told me via email twice before sending it in I wouldn't be charged. So I was joycon less and told to pay up.

Amazon UK

Did you get onto their customer service team and ask for a replacement? I'd be very surprised if they didn't give you one.

Grassey wrote: »
    That's the boat I was in. Even after support told me via email twice before sending it in I wouldn't be charged. So I was joycon less and told to pay up.

Wow that's extra annoying considering they said there'd be no charge.
    Did you get onto their customer service team and ask for a replacement? I'd be very surprised if they didn't give you one.

No, didn't think of that with it being a bundle. Tbh I expected to get some indication from customer care when scheduling the repair as I stated the date of purchase to them but they just said they'd sort it & sent out the postal return.

Wow that's extra annoying considering they said there'd be no charge.

No, didn't think of that with it being a bundle. Tbh I expected to get some indication from customer care when scheduling the repair as I stated the date of purchase to them but they just said they'd sort it & sent out the postal return.

I know it's pointless now but your first port of call should always be the store you bought from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How can a joy on fault be an os issue if you only sent the joycon in? At best that's a non-reproducible fault and they can't fix what they can't reproduce. Push them for more info, escalate, threaten and then thank them for repairing it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Anyone ever use simply games to buy their physical copies? Seems to be decent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I know it's pointless now but your first port of call should always be the store you bought from.

When I bought my Switch guy in Smyths told me after 30 days I’d need to contact Nintendo for any support or warranty issues.

I know that’s not legit and comfy enough when talking about consumer rights, but it’s no wonder confusion happens when stores instruct staff to advise customers of this bogus policies.

The three year clause in the EU under electronic goods that was once a bit of a grey area has also become a lot more solid now in terms of getting things sorted.

Issue I had with a PS4 controller that became faulty and was being rebuffed with the “one year warranty “ expired I got sorted citing the EU directives.

But yeah as mentioned above. Your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Two year warranty under EU law, so if it is an OS fault, they should repair it under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Haven't played any Bayonetta but thinking of picking the first one up today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

petes wrote: »

If you get a hardcopy of Bayonetta 2 it comes with code for the first game too. Or if you prefer digital the eshop gives a discount on one if you buy the other game first.

I had it on the Xbox and didn't give it much time but bought the 2 games on the Switch and finished first one over Christmas. Great game and the combat is fantastic in it. Comes across as a bit of a button masher but you'll quickly find that mindless button mashing won't get you very far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bought a few games in the last few weeks.
    Really enjoying When Ski Lifts Go Wrong but it seems to be a little buggy at times when placing materials especially with the touch screen, it froze on me a few times too. Absolutely not seeking solutions so I'm getting a lot from it.
    Am playing Wargroove too but so far I find it ok....only played around 4 hours. The campaign is a bit bland so far. I find the story scenes tend to slow it down a bit. Looking forward to what the community makes but that might be better on PC with mod support.
    Pool Panic is also in my rotation. One of those games that is handy for pick up & play. It's meant to be pretty short so I am trying to stretch it out. Very different from anything I've played recently.
    Got Football Manager 2019 as it was on sale but only gave it like an hour as I was tired & playing in handheld the font size was so tiny on the screen I had to stop but I will go back to that eventually.

petes wrote: »

A couple of points on this :
    1. The second one is a much better game unless you're really into quick-time events, pinpoint accuracy and timing when trying to pull off combos and crotch shots of imaginary women. All of these things are also very present in the 2nd one but in a far more benign way.
    2. The plot of both games is non-sequiturous nonsense. As such, you might actually enjoy the 2nd one more if you genuinely feel like the reason you don't understand it is that you missed something from the first one rather than because they're the feverish ramblings of a 13 year old amish boy who has self-abused himself into a desiccated coma while reading Little Women.

If you play the 2nd one first, it's all round better but it makes going back an exercise in masochistic completionism. If you play the 1st one, it's far less forgiving and by the time you get to the 2nd you may have been put off it.

Either way, enjoy - they're fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I picked up Mario Rabbitz in Smyth's today. Played it a bit and it's fun enough game.
    I just sow civ 6 is on switch and on sale! Anyone played it on handheld? Is it a good port? It's on sale too, so a bit tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

So I picked up Mario Rabbitz in Smyth's today. Played it a bit and it's fun enough game.
    I just sow civ 6 is on switch and on sale! Anyone played it on handheld? Is it a good port? It's on sale too, so a bit tempted.

I can’t find it on the Smyths website, what price is Civilisation VI reduced to?

Playing it now. Slow during enemy turns but I think that's par for the course, and otherwise runs great. Haven't played the original though, my last civ was IV. Can't get my head around districts and city states.

It's 40 quid on ZA eShop and £38 on base or Tgc if the Smyth's deal is no good

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Banjo wrote: »
    Playing it now. Slow during enemy turns but I think that's par for the course, and otherwise runs great. Haven't played the original though, my last civ was IV. Can't get my head around districts and city states.

It's 40 quid on ZA eShop and £38 on base or Tgc if the Smyth's deal is no good

Sorry, it's on sale in eshop itself. 39.99eu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Advertisement