Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kimbot wrote: »
    Looking for a bag/case for the switch and all accessories, anyone got recommendations?

I like the look of this but not sure how much protection it would offer: https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7644256/Trail/searchtext>Nintendo+switch.htm

My missus got me a Satisfye Bundle for Christmas. It has a hard shell case, thumbstick grips and handheld grip.

The grip is absolutely brilliant and makes holding the Switch so much more comfortable for long sessions.

I'd say it's a must have for anyone who plays in handheld mode a lot!!

https://satisfye.com/collections/all

I might actually order the Joy Con grip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My missus got me a Satisfye Bundle for Christmas. It has a hard shell case, thumbstick grips and handheld grip.

The grip is absolutely brilliant and makes holding the Switch so much more comfortable for long sessions.

I'd say it's a must have for anyone who plays in handheld mode a lot!!

https://satisfye.com/collections/all

I might actually order the Joy Con grip.

That case wouldn't fit the tv dock and all would it?

That case wouldn't fit the tv dock and all would it?

Nope. You'd need something fairly big if you want to load everything up together.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope. You'd need something fairly big if you want to load everything up together.

The bag I linked is big enough, more pics on the UK Argos site, I also have the option of the Nintendo messenger bag but that looks a little too big.

The bag I linked is big enough, more pics on the UK Argos site, I also have the option of the Nintendo messenger bag but that looks a little too big.

Sorry meant to say your link isn't loading on mobile.

• Advertisement

Sorry meant to say your link isn't loading on mobile.

Argos is crap at times haha

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7644256

Argos is crap at times haha

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7644256

I don't like that one I must say. What about this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N22YAIP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xjGuCbNM4WCRT

Is this the Nintendo one you were looking at as well? £35 direct from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GX6PBF2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mlGuCbTQEW7XX

I don't like that one I must say. What about this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N22YAIP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xjGuCbNM4WCRT

Is this the Nintendo one you were looking at as well? £35 direct from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GX6PBF2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mlGuCbTQEW7XX

The first one you link was the messenger bag I was on about. I like it but it's too big for my needs, I may end up getting it or the second one you linked as I seen them both in smyths etc over the weekend. Didn't want to spend mad money on it either for now :)

The first one you link was the messenger bag I was on about. I like it but it's too big for my needs, I may end up getting it or the second one you linked as I seen them both in smyths etc over the weekend. Didn't want to spend mad money on it either for now :)

Would you be bringing the dock many places?

Would you be bringing the dock many places?

Not really, I would bring it with me once a month I'd say.

• Advertisement

Not really, I would bring it with me once a month I'd say.

I was going to suggest buying a second dock and leave that where ever you need it :pac:

I was going to suggest buying a second dock and leave that where ever you need it :pac:

That would be a good idea if I wasn't going different places with it haha

That would be a good idea if I wasn't going different places with it haha

It might get expensive then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

So who got Wargroove?

I have mine pre-loaded but have to wait until lunch to play it.

It's after getting really good reviews.

Seems like a perfect unofficial successor to advanced wars and fire emblem.

It will be interesting to see how long it take people on the PC version to release copies of the full campaigns from fire emblem on it and modded versions to play the campaigns from Advanced wars.

A lot of possibilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah after I saw the reviews on Wednesday, I pre-ordered.

Won't be able to try it until tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Think you'd be better getting a slim case. I'd prefer to just throw that in a normal backpack.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8665162/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CNintendo+Switch%7C50000328/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000328%7CNintendo+Switch+accessories%7C50000330.htm

Looks good can hold 10 game cards too I have the older Hori tough case that I quite like it though it can only hold 5 cards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rejkin wrote:

It's out today. Tried playing it this morning but I couldn't. I don't think you can play it until 12pm or 1pm today for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I cleared Hollow Knight last night, any recommendations for other decent indie games?

I've seen a lot of recommendations for Steamworld Dig 2 but hard to tell from the screenshots/videos what's so good about it, it looks kinda babyish or something!

I liked Advance Wars back in the day so Wargroove could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Cianos wrote: »
    I cleared Hollow Knight last night, any recommendations for other decent indie games?

I've seen a lot of recommendations for Steamworld Dig 2 but hard to tell from the screenshots/videos what's so good about it, it looks kinda babyish or something!

Would definitely recommend Steamworld Dig 2. Never played the original as I don't like the idea of randomly generated levels but the second game is a well crafted Metroidvania.

Would also recommend Yoku's Island Express and Celeste if you haven't played either.

Maybe watch a review? After Hollow Knight, anything with colour will look babyish! :)

Brilliant game though - must do another playthrough.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed GRIS. Actually need to go back to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I enjoyed GRIS. Actually need to go back to it though.

GRIS is wonderful. Playing Bomber Squad too at the moment. Not finished it yet but not too far off it.

Would really like a story heavy RPG next I think. I picked up Octopath Traveller on sale but it's not really grabbed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone having issues with the E store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

sweetie wrote: »

Yep, was about to buy unruly heroes but the auld e shop says no !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

rejkin wrote: »
    So who got Wargroove?

It's after getting really good reviews.

Seems like a perfect unofficial successor to advanced wars and fire emblem.

It will be interesting to see how long it take people on the PC version to release copies of the full campaigns from fire emblem on it and modded versions to play the campaigns from Advanced wars.

A lot of possibilities!
    Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah after I saw the reviews on Wednesday, I pre-ordered.

Won't be able to try it until tomorrow though.

What do ye think of it so far?

sweetie wrote: »

Yeah... Takes loads of my money :pac::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

eshop down , think you can buy via eshop website

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/am6drv/eshop_down_uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

@sephiroth_dude:
    It's pretty good! I haven't gotten to play it enough to see much distinctive difference in it and the way advanced wars plays but it's certainly a game I can see playing a lot of

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Didn’t realize Wargroove was that sort of price. Loved advanced wars back in the day. Picked it up there. Read enough good things about it.

Now really need to stop buying games and go finish some first haha

• Advertisement

I just played the tutorial and first two levels. Seems great so far!

I got Downwell too, such a great game for 3 quid. :o

Advertisement