Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I feel like the weekend just passed in the flash of a Guardian's eye...

Played a good bit of Isaac too, really think the separate button 'd-pad' is working fine for me.
    The analogue controls work too of course, but just don't feel right for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

madmoe wrote: »
    How much does Snipperclips work out when you buy it this way?

Thanks,
    M

its the same price in smyths for the joy cons with and without snipperclips so basically its free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

magnumbud wrote: »
    its the same price in smyths for the joy cons with and without snipperclips so basically its free

Oh excellent! Gives me a good excuse to buy Snipperclips!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

fixxxer wrote: »
    I just want to play Zelda. I'm sitting in work and all I can think about is the bus trip home where I can get some Zelda in before the kids go to bed and then I can play more Zelda.

this is my life now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Being able to use the right Joy-Con as a pointer (like Wiimote) is a great option to have for certain games. Looks to work pretty well on World of Goo and even works in Tabletop Mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What about lefthanded people? I'm a lefty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sligeach wrote: »

Hitler should have sorted the lefties out instead.

The two Joy-Cons can apparently be used in 2 player in World of Goo, so I'm sure the left will be available. Just seems the right one may be the default one perhaps because of the button placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You didn't buy a switch, so they didnt add the feature or maybe try the leftourium.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow Binding of Issac and World of Goo! That'll pass the time until Skyrim gets here I suppose. The 2010 to 2014 period was obviously a golden age for gaming and it was good of Nintendo to release a console that lets people pay full price + x% for all those games again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So when do you think we'll hear more about online and pricing? Is it due to start before or after e3

GameStop: Nintendo Switch Sales Could ‘Eclipse the Wii’

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-sales-wii-gamestop/

Theoretically it could, but in reality it likely won't even come close.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So when do you think we'll hear more about online and pricing? Is it due to start before or after e3

E3 probably will have the announcement. But like so much with the Switch it really should have been said before it launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

Got my hands on Fast RMX and been playing with the OH as Zelda hasn't arrived yet. If you like wipeout or F-Zero you'll love this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GameStop: Nintendo Switch Sales Could ‘Eclipse the Wii’

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-sales-wii-gamestop/

Theoretically it could, but in reality it likely won't even come close.

I bought my DS expecting I'd get 18 - 24 months of weird, desperate Nintendo games and expected the Wii to flop hard. With Nintendo it can be hard to know and yo can't really discount them as they can sometimes come out with a game like Wii Sports, Nintendogs, Donkey Kong Country, New Super Mario Bros or Brain Training that hits a chord and sales of the console go stratospheric.

I mean imagine if they announce a new Pokémon for the holiday season in the next few months? And you can be sure Pokémon is coming.

Nintendo and Cyanogen almost partnered for the Switch
    Nintendo was flirting with Android again, but it looks like Cyanogen didn't pick up.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nintendo-and-cyanogen-almost-partnered-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nintendo and Cyanogen almost partnered for the Switch
    Nintendo was flirting with Android again, but it looks like Cyanogen didn't pick up.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nintendo-and-cyanogen-almost-partnered-switch

Nintendo dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

fixxxer wrote: »
    Nintendo dodged a bullet there.

Definitely, they went tits up again and the OG Cyanogen lads are now Lineage OS

Looking at the OS it looks like a Nintendo-ised version of Android anyway...

Japan are getting a Seiken Densetsu Collection on the Switch, containing Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3. You will be able to 'quick save' with this edition as well.

bfg37rxwmjhnxemrfvaq.png

I'd love a euro release of that as I haven't been practising Japanese since my sega Saturn went.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Corholio wrote: »
    Japan are getting a Seiken Densetsu Collection on the Switch, containing Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3. You will be able to 'quick save' with this edition as well.

bfg37rxwmjhnxemrfvaq.png

Seiken Densetsu 3 was never released outside of Japan, so I do not see this getting a western release, shame as it was a great game and had a very good unofficial translation.

• Advertisement

Maybe they might though with they're being so little upcoming for the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone bought Isaac off the american eshop? If its not on ours or at least given a release date by this thursday ill grab it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So, we still have no idea if/any other console are gonna go up on the VC/eshop yokey?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Anyone bought Isaac off the american eshop? If its not on ours or at least given a release date by this thursday ill grab it from there

Yup, I have.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Maybe they might though with they're being so little upcoming for the switch.

The fan translation of 3 was one of the mist notoriously difficult fan translations ever. The text is compressed in a weird format and had to be reverse engineered. It's basically what stopped the western release as localisation would have taken years. If the game is built from the ground up we have a chance up if it's rom emulation there's very little chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yup, I have.

Worth it?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The fan translation of 3 was one of the mist notoriously difficult fan translations ever. The text is compressed in a weird format and had to be reverse engineered. It's basically what stopped the western release as localisation would have taken years. If the game is built from the ground up we have a chance up if it's rom emulation there's very little chance.

Just let me live in hope.
    And I hope it gets released in a big cardboard box edition too. With a lovely soundtrack CD.
    Reckon it will. Certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

So (hypothetically speaking of course), an upstanding EU citizen has the main account on a Switch with three games. Their American and Japanese friends add accounts and buy a game each:

Do all five games show as available on main screen?

Can EU citizen play them all, or are they locked to the respective accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

You'll go straight to hypothetical jail. No, its all good. If you buy from US and Japan on two new accounts, they'll all show up on your regular account's list of playable games. Nintendolife has a tutorial for anyone interested.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Worth it?

I think so, but I love the game anyway!

Advertisement