Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are some gorgeous dock socks for sale on Etsy at the moment. Should protect against screen scratches while docking.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/protect_your_nintendo_switchs_screen_with_these_fetching_dock_covers

More on the link above, but these are my favourites...

uE2p8oV.jpg

r467s2u.jpg

nJVC2iW.jpg

1NcNz1a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They are cool, but only one of them mentions Microfibre in the name - wouldn't these scratch the ****e out of your screen over time, especially since you're not as likely to be careful putting it in the dock if you think it's protected, and since the additional bulk of the pad would reduce the clearance between the dock and the screen to basically zero?

Also, would there be heat dissipation issues over the long term since these would insulate the screen (I know it's off in the dock but it's still a large surface that's no longer losing heat like it should)?

They're awesome though. Can't justify the expense yet, I'll wait for the mass produced ali express options to pop up in April/May.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So seems nintendo aren't receiving enough complaints about the joy cons. They're playing down the issue as being normal number of reports for a console launch. I must send them a mail as well if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

New sales figures are really encouraging. Ballpark 1.5 million and maybe more. If true they should hit the 2 million in March goal

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-14-nintendo-switch-has-sold-1-5m-worldwide-superdata

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They should blow through that target (assuming they can meet demand - there seems to be a definite console shortage at the moment)

• Advertisement

Yeah, still lots of reports that people in the US can't get their hands on one, we seem to have been lucky here that they've maybe oversupplied to Ireland.
    Great that the media storm about the glitches with the console doesn't seem to be holding it back so far at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Brought the Switch on the Luas today for the first time. Great being able to play a quick shrine on Zelda on the way to work!

I really think that if the console gets consistent game releases, then Nintendo are on to something special with this device.

Mine hasn't left the house yet. Is it really portable enough to be something you'd take with you on a daily commute, once the novelty factor wears off?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mine hasn't left the house yet. Is it really portable enough to be something you'd take with you on a daily commute, once the novelty factor wears off?

With a case i don't see why not, i already bring it in to work for a quick play at lunch everyday, still using the plastic wrap sleeve from the box as havent gotten a case im happy with yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I usually have a backpack with me so no extra effort to bring it along but not sure I'd bring it every day regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just got the email that Binding of Isaac been shipped from Canada, can't wait, hopefully have it next week, and not nobbled with duty charges!

Let me know what you think of Afterbirth+, if/when you get around to it. The community has **** on the update to a large extent, but would be interested to hear feedback from someone who isn't playing it 20 hours a day.

Imagine one day, 8-player battle in MarioKart on the train into work, would help take away the Monday morning blues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Saw a kid playing Switch in Liffey Valley at the weekend. Neon looks weird in real life - starting to regret my decision to regret my decision to get grey :D - left joycon much oranger than I expected, looks more red-ish in pictures.

I've been taking mine into work since getting a case. Getting a quick 30 mins of shrine hunting is great. And I can tell myself I'm contributing to the community by continually testing the response to charging from a 3rd party plug under load.
    (Anker PowerPort+ 1 with QC 3.0, 12:30-1:19 with Zelda running, gained 6% charge - 34-40%. Slow n Steady!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mine has been used on the TV once just because my kids wanted to see what i was playing. Rest of the time it's been handheld. Get most of my playing done on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch would be‘very challenging,’ says game’s director

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/14/14922024/is-overwatch-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sligeach wrote: »
    Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch would be‘very challenging,’ says game’s director

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/14/14922024/is-overwatch-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch

"Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan recently took questions about the game on Reddit, and a fan brought up the possibility of seeing the Nintendo on the Nintendo Switch."

Big typo there in the article. Proof read anyone.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

If the online is solid enough and the switch sells enough they will make it happen. Look at the Wii. Thing was a dog to port to and far more underpowered compared to 360/PS4 than Switch to the One/PS4 but got ports of COD black Ops and MW3. That had to be some feat.

If the potential sales and numbers are there they will make For Honor run on an Atari 2600 if they think it'll sell enough ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

WOW! Unreal how fast this is progressing!! :eek::eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/nintendo-switch-hacked-gamer-loads-10025101

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

madmoe wrote: »

Looks like a video playing on the console.

/\/ollog wrote: »

Could definitely be.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think this happened the other day, and apparently he used a browser exploit that was originally used in hacking the DS, how could they let that one out... :/

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think this happened the other day, and apparently he used a browser exploit that was originally used in hacking the DS, how could they let that one out... :/

Says a lot about the 'rushed' job the Switch is on Nintendo's part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Fieldog wrote: »

Because it's a WebKit bug in a browser framework used by every multi billion dollar companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Because it's a WebKit bug in a browser framework used by every multi billion dollar companies.

So it's just a java exploit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

madmoe wrote: »

Wow that guy sounds like a total arsehole.

Is it actually hacked or he just playing a video via the web browser? He never actually presses start or interacts with the game in any way and he seems way too keen to promote his crappy twitter handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The switch has indeed been cracked but that guy is a fraud. He is piggybacking onto the news in hopes of getting some followers and subscribers.

That's just a video. He doesn't interact with the console at all.....because he can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Homer had a similar approach to advertising the Bowling Alley:

40dca560bd14cd025d559fcbbc2bb293.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan recently took questions about the game on Reddit, and a fan brought up the possibility of seeing the Nintendo on the Nintendo Switch."

Big typo there in the article. Proof read anyone.

Ya, even their headline was grammatically incorrect and I took the liberty of correcting it. :D

And it's kind of vague. You could construe it as meaning the game would have higher difficulty settings than other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For those interested in such things, the fiscal earnings release, for fiscal year ending March, will be on April 27th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I turned on my Switch this morning and the right Joycon is dead. No power at all. But it was attached to the Switch all night in the dock. Nothing I'm doing is making the Switch recognise the controller.

Edit

Never mind. Forgot about the physical sync button.

Advertisement