Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Thinking of getting a switch next week. What do I need to get was thinking console and obviously zelda.. is switch 1 2 worth picking up?? What about bomberman?? What about extra controllers I'm confused between the different types available... any advice greatly appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Harpy wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a switch next week. What do I need to get was thinking console and obviously zelda.. is switch 1 2 worth picking up?? What about bomberman?? What about extra controllers I'm confused between the different types available... any advice greatly appreciated..

I got 1 2 Switch ahead of Bomberman. I kind of regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Harpy wrote: »

Smyth's have a deal for Zelda and Switch for €385, a second set of controllers and Snipperclips free for €100.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

VinLieger wrote: »
    Worth it?

Definitely. I'd never played it, didn't think it would be my type of game, but am hooked....Still can't beat Mom though....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is interesting - someone from CNET got their joycon fixed by Nintendo (regarding the left joycon desync issue) and he has before and after pictures. The fix is a simple one that doesn't require soldering, a new antenna or a new board...

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-joycon-desync-connectivity-issue-fix/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

VinLieger wrote: »
    Anyone bought Isaac off the american eshop? If its not on ours or at least given a release date by this thursday ill grab it from there

Yep, finally got it last night. Played it for an hour and again for an hour this morning. It looks and plays great on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Mr E wrote: »
    This is interesting - someone from CNET got their joycon fixed by Nintendo (regarding the left joycon desync issue) and he has before and after pictures. The fix is a simple one that doesn't require soldering, a new antenna or a new board...

very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've had some syncing issues while playing Snipperclips. I'm very disappointed with Nintendo for releasing a controller with hardware issues from day one. I don't give a shyte if there's an 'easy fix', the issue should have been spotted before releasing the console and fixed it, or I strongly suspect they knew about it and released the console anyway. Why should owners have to send away the joycon for 2 weeks to get fixed? Send out a replacement, put a hold on your credit card and once you send back the defective joycon the hold is taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I'm still happy with my side fix ;)

I've a question about the eshop, how many regional eshop are there?
    I was trying to look for a site that had a list of all titles from each one but couldn't find it via Google, anyone know if such a site exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

lafors wrote: »
    I'm still happy with my side fix ;)

I've a question about the eshop, how many regional eshop are there?
    I was trying to look for a site that had a list of all titles from each one but couldn't find it via Google, anyone know if such a site exists?

You can set the search filters for the switch eshop and the specific region here

http://www.nintendolife.com/games/browse?sort=date&status=released&style=cover

EDIT: Actually just messing around and doesn't seem to have updated for last weeks releases so not sure how reliable it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

How long are ye getting from the battery undocked? Zelda runs just over two hours (2.5 at a push), brightness down all the way, wireless turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In or around the 2-2.5 hour mark. Normally more than enough for a quick session. I've not taken it out in the wild yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm playing almost entirely undocked. Most nights I'll get 2 and a bit hours played, think of going to bed, dock it for the 5 mins or so while I'm turning everything off and setting the alarm, then play it for another half hour or so in bed. Only gotten a battery warning once.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,601 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I get the battery warning every evening.

Leaving the charger downstairs is the only way I get any sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Just got the wife a switch for mammys day. She's so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea for the wife :pac: you mean you bought it for you to give her some peace and quiet for the day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Sounds a lot like the bowling ball Homer got for Marge....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo released a statement to Kotaku about the Joy-Con issue. Seems to be a 'manufacturing variation' and has been resolved at factory level. Will be fixed free of charge if repair is necessary.

"There is no design issue with the Joy-Con controllers, and no widespread proactive repair or replacement effort is underway. A manufacturing variation has resulted in wireless interference with a small number of the left Joy-Con. Moving forward this will not be an issue, as the manufacturing variation has been addressed and corrected at the factory level.

We have determined a simple fix can be made to any affected Joy-Con to improve connectivity.

There are other reasons consumers may be experiencing wireless interference. We are asking consumers to contact our customer support team so we can help them determine if a repair is necessary. If it is, consumers can send their controller directly to Nintendo for the adjustment, free of charge, with an anticipated quick return of less than a week. Repair timing may vary by region. For help with any hardware or software questions, please visit http://support.nintendo.com".

That's the same free of charge quick turn around they offer on all in-warranty hardware

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Sounds a lot like the bowling ball Homer got for Marge....
    1-2 Switch? You will like eet, eets not quite WiiSports, eet's not quite Nintendoland, but you get to milk an invisible cow at the end, eet eez a good game...

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea for the wife :pac: you mean you bought it for you to give her some peace and quiet for the day :pac:

Nope. It's legit hers. She's been playing zelda since 7pm this evening hahaha. I got to use it for about 10 minutes total since.

Banjo wrote: »
    1-2 Switch? You will like eet, eets not quite WiiSports, eet's not quite Nintendoland, but you get to milk an invisible cow at the end, eet eez a good game...

No. An actual switch console. I bought Zelda for her as well. She might have beat me if I wasted €70 on 1-2 switch xD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭Nollog

Me and mine played 1 2 switch. It's fun. About 5 euro worth of fun.

I can see it being worth it for people who play party games a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Bought the Orzly Carry Case for Nintendo Switch, it is ugly as sin but will do for something until I know I'll be in the states, or when the brother is back home, so I can order a fancy one from Waterfield.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This bad boy arrived this morning from Canada!
    Woohoo!
    DT8a3Dkm.jpg
    6Us4x7im.jpg
    NMThbbTm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Looks great. Where did you order from?

No. An actual switch console. I bought Zelda for her as well. She might have beat me if I wasted €70 on 1-2 switch xD
    (It was a joke. I was paraphrasing Jacques from the Simpsons talking about brunch because you bought a Switch "for her". I thought that was obvious, I mean no one would actually buy 1-2-Switch! Although the implication is that out of spite she'll be off playing Snipperclips with another man and come dangerously close to having an affair, so maybe I've crossed a line on this one. Apologies!)

That Nicalis seal of quality is a nice touch :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Looks great. Where did you order from?

Videogamesplus.ca, didn't take long to get here either, about a week or so, seeing as it was out in North America on the 17th but they shipped it a couple of days before hand.
    Happy days!

Apparently, due to the delay, it was supposed to be a launch day release, they've decided that the physical release will all come with the sticker sheets, not just the first run. And this should include the possible EU physical release.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Has anyone here purchased the Hori LAN adapter? If so, is it working for ye?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

fixxxer wrote: »
    Has anyone here purchased the Hori LAN adapter? If so, is it working for ye?

I bought a third party Lan adapter on Amazon, was around €7 and it works perfectly. Much faster downloads than WiFi.

Advertisement