Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The news I was hoping for from Factor 5 was "All new Rogue Squadron game exclusive to switch, coming at the end of March and it's only 20 quid if you bought the 1st one on gamecube". Booooo!

Edit - wait, they owned Turrican? Hot diggity dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm not seeing an option to download Splatoon 2 demo, am I blind?

Is it in Eshop?

Edit : I see it in news but no download link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone know what sales are like on these in Ireland and UK? I have one because I'm a gamer but not many people seem to know about it. Still loving Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm not seeing an option to download Splatoon 2 demo, am I blind?

Is it in Eshop?

Edit : I see it in news but no download link

It's up on the US and Japan store, not up in the EU yet I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

One of the little grips I had with Wii U was how more vintage nintendo games ended up on XBOX than Wii U. Now a bunch of NES titles the Disney Afternoon Collection will be on xbox and ps4.

I hope Disney Afternoon Collection ends up on Switch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nice report in The Guardian on the Switch
    'Created by elves riding unicorns': readers on the Nintendo Switch'
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

McLoughlin wrote: »
    One of the little grips I had with Wii U was how more vintage nintendo games ended up on XBOX than Wii U. Now a bunch of NES titles the Disney Afternoon Collection will be on xbox and ps4.

I hope Disney Afternoon Collection ends up on Switch

It would want to! I loved all those games, and the portable nature of the Switch would be perfect for them. That's why I want Nintendo to hurry the hell up and announce plans for the VC. Some of the older games are perfectly suited to the smaller screen.

Europe is getting a physical release of Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+. No release date yet though.

Google Translate: "Europe will also have a physical version of Afterbirth + for #NintendoSwitch. We will have more information soon. Xoxo"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Symths out of BOTW copies and no Snipperclips/Joycon bundle.

I'm going to be very upset if i end up in GameStop buying this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Europe is getting a physical release of Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+. No release date yet though.

Google Translate: "Europe will also have a physical version of Afterbirth + for #NintendoSwitch. We will have more information soon. Xoxo"

Hopefully have mine this coming week!
    Woohoo!

Unless....

Mrs Ciderman gets to the letterbox first... in which case I may be in trouble :(

And I have Switched! YEOW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Splatoon yoke is up on the EShop...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ah so this is where everyone went when the other thread was closed.

Hello :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has there been any talk of a proper Pokemon game on the Switch yet? I wish they'd just port over one of the recent 3DS additions, as it'd be absolutely perfect for playing on the train.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's rumours of a project called Pokemon Stars but nothing concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's rumours of a project called Pokemon Stars but nothing concrete.

I heard that it's going to be called Pokémon Twilight.

:pac:

Botw looks amazing, handles quite well.

I don't like having the joy cons on the side of the console, i prefer using them loose, feels more natural. They're pretty nice controllers though.

I'm blown away by how vivid the display is, it's all so bright and colourful.

Opening verdict: Class.

Now for Mario Kart and Splatoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I know it's probably off topic, but is there anywhere in Liffy Valley that sells games these days?

I need to buy one of those portable extra charge yokes cos I'm going on the old holidays.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I know it's probably off topic, but is there anywhere in Liffy Valley that sells games these days?

I need to buy one of those portable extra charge yokes cos I'm going on the old holidays.

I hate Liffey Valley and that's putting it mildly. You mean a power bank battery? To answer your question, in the main centre, no. Try Currys, PC World or Argos in the retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That "I can't believe it's not HMV" place in LV could be worth a look too, but I'd doubt you'd have much luck there.
    As Sligeach said, the retail park shops are probably a better bet.

Star Lord wrote: »
    That "I can't believe it's not HMV" place in LV could be worth a look too, but I'd doubt you'd have much luck there.
    As Sligeach said, the retail park shops are probably a better bet.

Whereabouts is that, d'you know? I haven't been there in years.

Thanks dudes.

Thanks dudes.

The retail park? It's behind the main centre to the right. It's a separate entrance.

sligeach wrote: »
    The retail park? It's behind the main centre to the right. It's a separate entrance.

No, the HMV style shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why are CEX still selling this for 425 when most places are stocking it for 325 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thanks dudes.
    "Head" in Liffey Valley proper is the "HMV-a-like". The games prices are awful. I asked them on the 4th about their Switch offers, basically they added 10 quid on to the console, the games, the accessories etc. then came up with a bundle price including overpriced Zelda, overpriced 1 2 Switch and an overpriced case. When the case didn't come into stock they didn't put the consoles out on the floor 'cause they wanted to sell bundles rather than individual bits. Look, I want a music and movie store in LV as much as the next guy, but for gaming you need to go elsewhere. They didn't come to the races, you shouldn't place any bets with them.

NOTE : If you're getting the bus.... ah ****e you might have warned me...

Argos is round the back and Smyths is on the Fonthill road nearby. Coming from the N4 outbound (or M50 which will feed you on to it) you go down the sliproad to a roundabout. If you're going to Smyths and you don't like forcing your way into traffic use the roundabout to turn left. Otherwise stay left on the slip road. Either way you're going left at the bottom.

Now you're going up a hill. There's a roundabout at the top - if you're going to smyths, force your way into the right lane if necessary and use the roundabout to go straight ahead, keep going to the next roundabout, turn right into the industrial estate and then right again to head towards Smyths. There are 2 signs for smyths, turn right at the one that takes you between 2 buildings rather than brings you into what is clearly their loading dock. If you find yourself in a halting site you turned right at the wrong roundabout. If you're in clondalkin, you didn't turn right at all.

If you're headed to Argos or Liffey Valley, you're still sitting on that hill wondering why I'm talking about halting sites. Look out your drivers side window - there it is. Now drive! Stay left, follow the road around to the left, go across a roundabout and get in the right lane*. At the big roundabout at the Cinema, turn right for argos and at the next roundabout turn right again in by McDonalds. Argos is down the back of that carpark. Big red letters, by the abandoned Woodies, you can't miss it.

*Remember I said stay right? If you're going to LV and you stayed right you have to turn right at the next roundabout for either the Cinema car park on the right or the Food Court carpark on the left. These have been mental since just before christmas. If you don't mind a walk, I'd actually stay left and go to the Marks and Spencers carpark, follow the purple car park signs, it's about the 3rd right from there.

Head is in the block just before the Food Court, so if you go in from the M&S or Next entrances, walk down and it's on your right before the escalators. Any other door you need to turn left and walk towards M&S, it's on your left just after the escalators.

What can I say? It's a slow day in work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

No, the HMV style shop.

It's in the main building, between the food area and M&S - as in that half. Fairly small shop, sells mainly film & music stuff the last time I was there.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Why are CEX still selling this for 425 when most places are stocking it for 325 now?

They're also selling the NES Classic for €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Cos Cex aren't that smart.

Advertisement