Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I bought a third party Lan adapter on Amazon, was around €7 and it works perfectly. Much faster downloads than WiFi.

Got a link to the 3rd party one you got ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Got a link to the 3rd party one you got ?

Here you go - UGREEN Ethernet Adapter, USB Network Adapter ,USB 2.0 to RJ45 Lan Adapter,Support Wii, Wii U, for Macbook, Chromebook,Windows 10, 8.1,Mac OS X 10.11,S https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MYT481C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_pQwparJlA7ten

Was actually £7, not €7. Still way cheaper than the Hori one!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

GameStop: Switch demand 'incredibly strong', Zelda attach rate 'almost 1:1'

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/294434/GameStop_Switch_demand_incredibly_strong_Zelda_attach_rate_almost_11.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Aw... I saw "I've Switched! Last post by Sligeach" and was chanting "one of us! One of us!" the whole time the page was loading (which on Tesco Mobile is pretty substantial!) But you're not one of us... You're not!

Haven't you heard the good news? Won't you accept gaming anywhere with anyone into your heart?

Incidentally, saw a ten year old explaining to his granny that the Switch was "the new Nintendo you can play anywhere with anyone any way you like" so the advertising is working this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Going on holidays in the morning.

This will be a first for two reasons:

1) I always go to Gamestop/Cex to get a couple of new games for the old handheld console. No need this time

2) I cannot feckin wait for the 4 hour flight. Imagine that! The Switch/Zelda combo has made the impossible/unthinkable a reality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Looks awesome. Mine arrived in Dublin last night but isn't out for delivery yet.

The booklet is a really nice touch. Reminds me of Links Awakening on Gameboy.

Don't forget Splatoon 2 tonight at 7pm!

I bought the Orzly screen protector on Amazon and it came with a 15% discount code for another Orzly purchase from Amazon.
    I'm not going to use it so if anybody wants it PM me and I'll send it on !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Went for the Orzly tempered glass protector. Working well and very easy to apply.

---

Meanwhile, I hate the E-Shop layout right now. It's a mess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Switch has decided, just in time for the Testfire, to not connect to my WiFi router
    It's not the Nintendo, I think it is more due to the sad nature of my wireless network :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How not to dock your switch. :)

(edit: It's fake. Looks cool though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We'll see all the wifi complaints come to the fore over this weekend. I think mine is working okay but will see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭budgemook

Sorry if this was asked already. I was told yesterday that Nintendo Switch supports two players per console only - if you want to play 4 player you need 2 consoles. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, not true at all. You would just need additional controllers. What's required would depend on what you're playing. I think most multiplayer games would be playable with the joy-con controllers (you get two with the switch, left and right) and can buy additional joy-cons, either individually, or in pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yeah. We were doing 5 player Bomberman recently with 2 sets of joy-cons and a pro controller. It's pretty flexible.

That's before you go near the lan options you get with multiple Switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Switch is completely unresponsive, went to play a trailer on the eshop, screen just turned black. Can't power it off or anything and when I dock it all that shows up is a black screen -_-

Hopefully it will be grand once the battery dies.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Switch is completely unresponsive, went to play a trailer on the eshop, screen just turned black. Can't power it off or anything and when I dock it all that shows up is a black screen -_-

You try this ? :
    "Just press and hold that power button for 15 seconds. At the 15 second mark, the screen will go dark for a moment and then light back up a moment later with the Nintendo logo. You'll see the Switch logo next, just like a normal boot sequence, and all of a sudden the Switch is back to working order. Hooray!"

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

You try this ? :
    "Just press and hold that power button for 15 seconds. At the 15 second mark, the screen will go dark for a moment and then light back up a moment later with the Nintendo logo. You'll see the Switch logo next, just like a normal boot sequence, and all of a sudden the Switch is back to working order. Hooray!"

Unfortunately I have tried that, I'm not too worried yet. I'm sure it will be grand once I can power it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Here you go - UGREEN Ethernet Adapter, USB Network Adapter ,USB 2.0 to RJ45 Lan Adapter,Support Wii, Wii U, for Macbook, Chromebook,Windows 10, 8.1,Mac OS X 10.11,S https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MYT481C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_pQwparJlA7ten

Was actually £7, not €7. Still way cheaper than the Hori one!

Thanks for that, saved me €20 odd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yeah. We were doing 5 player Bomberman recently with 2 sets of joy-cons and a pro controller. It's pretty flexible.

That's before you go near the lan options you get with multiple Switches.

dont try to bend the switch, i dont think its a good idea :eek::eek::eek::eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The Binding of Issac arrived this morning nice package I'll be taking a little break from Zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Splatoon 2 testfire on in the build up to the Ireland game...

Should probably bring it to the pub so.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

That_Guy wrote: »
    Splatoon 2 testfire on in the build up to the Ireland game...

Should probably bring it to the pub so.

:pac:

Good luck trying to get WiFi on it! Switch's WiFi signal is awful!

wexdevil wrote: »

Any update?

Good luck trying to get WiFi on it! Switch's WiFi signal is awful!

is this for everyone or just some? i thought some people were saying they were getting ok signals.

magnumbud wrote: »
    is this for everyone or just some? i thought some people were saying they were getting ok signals.

Been Ok for me - and that's through about 2 (non-cavity) block walls.

I'll still buy the LAN adapter for when it's docked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

fixxxer wrote: »
    Thanks for that, saved me €20 odd :D

I'd cancel it and get this one for sake of faster speeds :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MYTSN18/ref=pd_gwm_simh_0?pf_rd_p=2fab48f8-2da2-4aef-9d02-8d89154b4bcf&pf_rd_s=blackjack-personal-2&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=BBC45R8F3VKFW516XN20&pf_rd_r=BBC45R8F3VKFW516XN20&pf_rd_p=2fab48f8-2da2-4aef-9d02-8d89154b4bcf

They are a fair bit faster if you use the 3.0 USB port as opposed to the 2 ones outside which are only USB 2...

Here is a video showing differences :

Been Ok for me - and that's through about 2 (non-cavity) block walls.

I'll still buy the LAN adapter for when it's docked though.

mine is through 1 thin plaster wall and i get like 1 bar. i've heard that some people have had success by changing the routers settings but i have yet to go changing anything on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have heard some people say that they have set up the connection manually and they have got a much stronger connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Corholio wrote: »
    Have heard some people say that they have set up the connection manually and they have got a much stronger connection.

As in no automatic IP configuration etc.?

Advertisement