Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Having come from a campsite in mid-France at 34C at the weekend, this is plenty for Dublin please and thanks.

The waterside temp in Dun Laoghaire at the moment is 22C, with humidity 75% and rising...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Phoenix Park 28c at 1400

Dublin AP and Casement 26c at 1400.

Meanwhile....no idea what the temp is here in Lanzarote, but I do know it's Tequilla Sunrise time! 😆

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back to 26C here now, I reckon this is the start of the cooling trend.

If it was sunnier and the heat stayed on for longer, we would have got 30C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Still 28 at the Phoenix Park at 14:00. I don't think it'll exceed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭squarecircles

met eireann going for 29 degrees maximum

Most places dry, but some scattered heavy, thundery showers over parts of south Leinster and east Munster. Top temperatures 24 to 29 C., in central and eastern areas,

the cool air is already here on the coast in Mayo.
    horrible overcast day with a chilly breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Its's warm here in south Dublin, however it's been overcast all day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the lack of sunshine defo holding back what could have been 30C.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Currently at 27.2c here and my June record is 27.8c. Only thing that is holding me back is that breeze.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I can't remember it ever feeling this warm in Dublin, it's great. Going to get my last sea swim in of the nice spell this evening. Can any experts here see any more of this weather this year or is that us done for the year? I wonder which is rarer... weather like this or persistent snow and cold temperatures?

I can't remember it ever feeling this warm in Dublin, it's great. Going to get my last sea swim in of the nice spell this evening. Can any experts here see any more of this weather this year or is that us done for the year? I wonder which is rarer... weather like this or persistent snow and cold temperatures?

Did you see my Summer forecast I posted on May 29th?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Did you even see my Summer forecast I posted on May 29th?

I don't know, I find it difficult to remember everything I've read on the internet

I don't know, I find it difficult to remember everything I've read on the internet

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103654646&postcount=110

Looking like a true write off now for the next week and so:

GFSENS06_53_-6_201.png

These are the GFS ensembles for Dublin btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

met eireann going for 29 degrees maximum

the cool air is already here on the coast in Mayo.
    horrible overcast day with a chilly breeze.

I'll send over the fella I just met wearing a parka jacket, I don't know how he hasn't melted in it.He's dressed for Mayo weather,not Wexford weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

sryanbruen wrote: »

Did you even see my Summer forecast I posted on May 29th?

No need to be so condescending...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Rain.
    D4.

MidMan25 wrote: »
    No need to be so condescending...

I did not mean to sound condescending intentionally. I don't know why I put "even" in my sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Well despite the passage of that active cold front this morning, skies and atmosphere continues to be heavy here. Really quite dark under a dense stratus layer that hasn't shifted all day.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Oddly enough, while it feels very warm and heavy, it just doesn't feel roasting.  I was in Kerry at the weekend and temps were probably only around 24/25 at best but felt much hotter in the uninterrupted full on sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Hooter23

A nice chill in the air in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

ongarboy wrote: »
    Oddly enough, while it feels very warm and heavy, it just doesn't feel roasting.  I was in Kerry at the weekend and temps were probably only around 24/25 at best but felt much hotter in the uninterrupted full on sunshine.

Yeah, its maybe 23c in Cork city but it feels hotter now than when it was 26c or 27c a few days ago. I think humidity is very high in Cork today which may explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Hooter23 wrote: »
    A nice chill in the air in Galway

There is? Send it up this way please...

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Up at 26.2c here now, Dewpoint is hovering close to 21c!

Persistent cold and snow most definitely. Getting a few days to a week this hot is not all that unusual. Even the crappy summer of 2012 got a few sunny days in the high 20s at the end of May.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Oddly enough, while it feels very warm and heavy, it just doesn't feel roasting. I was in Kerry at the weekend and temps were probably only around 24/25 at best but felt much hotter in the uninterrupted full on sunshine.

Weirdly, the heaviness I was expecting today hasn't happened where I am. Everywhere else seems to have very high humidity going by Met Office stats but where I am, the humidity has been much lower for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

4pm now. I'll give it another hour or two before I call today a dud. Cloud cloud cloud sums it up. Very disappointing. Reaching 26, sure, an achievement during an Irish summer but Saturday/Sunday we got there WITH sunshine.

Was hoping today would go that little step further based on the buzz generated. Won't rule out a 2nd temperature peak here anyway, just need the cloud to break.

Good to see some spots getting a bit more luck and heat though. Hopefully we can beat 28 this summer.

26 at Phoenix Park at 16:00. We have peaked for today, I think! Heading to Dun Laoghaire this evening. Don't care if it's cloudy as long as it stays balmy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Still 28 at the Phoenix Park, getting sunnier now so a long term record could be broken? 28.7c on June 6th 1950 is the one to beat.
    Records began there as long ago as 1855.
    Interesting that the June record there wasn't made in 1976 or 1995 when both months had hot endings.
    Edit; just saw murrisk post above, I was looking at the 1500 reports so no record broken today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Still 28 at the Phoenix Park, getting sunnier now so a long term record could be broken? 28.7c on June 6th 1950 is the one to beat.
    Records began there as long ago as 1855.
    Interesting that the June record there wasn't made in 1976 or 1995 when both months had hot endings.
    Edit; just saw murrisk post above, I was looking at the 1500 reports so no record broken today.

It's 26C on the 4pm reports, probably due to the shower that passed through. But yeah the sun is making an appearance now so it should rise again.

It may have already beaten 28.7 today, the reports on Met E website are rounded averages over the hour, not rounded max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭pauldry

Well my June forecast was shhht first half good second half

unfortunately the second half wont be all good as downhill for the rest

July forecast starting psss poor then picking up slowly until the middle of the month and then thunderstorms till the end. ... more or less

Advertisement