Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Con March 2017

Options
  • 22-02-2017 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭

Anybody hear much about this event?

https://gamer-con.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp got my tickets when they first came out, good discount on them. Heading up with some friends, sounds like it will be a laugh. Tempted to sign up for the rocket league tournament, still deciding. No interest in the youtubers but looking forward to the dev talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems like a big Youtube fest. Not sure I'd get much out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Like Zero-Cool, i booked early and got the tickets at 40% off. Looking forward to it. Don't know what to expect, other than i'm bringing enough money this time for whatever deal GameStop have as they had an amazing Xbox One deal at the one in Kerry last year (€350 for a 1Tb Xbox One with 4 recent games and a second controller).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sheepy01

I thought it was going to be more like a LAN party with other interesting events... but turns out it all spins around youtubers...

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Anyone have any promotional codes for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 GrtPerhaps

Yeah, going with some mates on the Saturday. Looks like its going to be fun. Im not interested in the youtuber side of it at all as even though I do watch a lot of youtubers the lineup seems to be made like it was for a 10 year old who hasnt discovered any games better than COD and Minecraft. Sure im looking forward to it anyway we'll see :)

Was going to sign up for the rocket league tournament with said friends but it says in the rules that its steam/pc only??? Do they not know that you can play rocket league on ps4 with your mates on PC?
    It goes something like
    "In order to compete, you must own a copy of Rocket League on steam".
    Bit ridiculous I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

GrtPerhaps wrote: »
    the lineup seems to be made like it was for a 10 year old who hasnt discovered any games better than COD and Minecraft. Sure im looking forward to it anyway we'll see :)

Hah. I'm going because I'm bringing a 10 year old who plays nothing but Minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Hah. I'm going because I'm bringing a 10 year old who plays nothing but Minecraft

Same here haha. Nightmare.

Daddy will be in the retro zone honey you piss off now :D

I'll be the one dressed as Conor from Assassins Creed pushing your little darlings out of the way so i can have a go at whatever game they're putting their greasy paws on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Bring sanitizer gel. Do not lick your fingers after eating that bag of crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Heading to this with a mate and the 2 kids.....no overly looking forward to it but might get a nice surprise from a few cosplay hunnies!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Going with the young lad as well. If nothing else its a day out. Got tickets as a present so no harm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Heading to this with a mate and the 2 kids.....no overly looking forward to it but might get a nice surprise from a few cosplay hunnies!!!!

Cosplay_ea2205_179807.png

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp got my tickets when they first came out, good discount on them. Heading up with some friends, sounds like it will be a laugh. Tempted to sign up for the rocket league tournament, still deciding. No interest in the youtubers but looking forward to the dev talks.

I don't think there will be devs or indie stalls there at all

rdavey14 wrote: »
    I don't think there will be devs or indie stalls there at all

I definitely saw somewhere there will be talks from Indie devs on how to make games. EA, Sony & Microsoft will be there but I doubt we'll be getting any groundbreaking exclusives.

Still, I'm interested in the below:

"Including talks from leading games development companies demonstrating what it takes to conceive, develop and launch games."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I definitely saw somewhere there will be talks from Indie devs on how to make games. EA, Sony & Microsoft will be there but I doubt we'll be getting any groundbreaking exclusives.

Still, I'm interested in the below:

"Including talks from leading games development companies demonstrating what it takes to conceive, develop and launch games."

Pretty much "determination" :)

Is the Saturday better than the Sunday, or are they much the same do ye know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I want to see loads of pics on here by Monday people!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am bringing the camera so will snap away....might be NSFW but they are the best pics lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Quite looking forward to this for reasons i can't explain, because it looks, as rightly pointed out, like a youtube fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Im heading to this on Saturday before the match. Missus got us both tickets last week when she heard about it. 15 quid so can't go wrong. Will jump on the DART and if it's sh*t will just head to the pub early to watch the game.

Naturally, I'll be wearing an Ireland jersey and absolutely going to be hogging the VR section. See any of you there!

Got an email from Gamercon about booking a spot to try out PSVR. Will be well handy not queuing up for it, finally gonna get to try some VR.

Got an email from Gamercon about booking a spot to try out PSVR. Will be well handy not queuing up for it, finally gonna get to try some VR.

Got my spot booked too. I'm heavily skeptical about the potential of VR in gaming so I might change my mind after this.

Ah, i got no email about booking a VR slot, where does one find the link if it's possible?

Ah, i got no email about booking a VR slot, where does one find the link if it's possible?

Link brought you to here

http://trypsvr.com/en-ie?mc_cid=771cb68935&mc_eid=1e55ba3c69

Reading the comments on their FB, looks like all slots were booked up last night. I'm sure they have other VR stands there but I'd say there will be big queues.

Bollocks...

From Gamercon FB post:

"At 7pm this evening we will release a limited number of additional slots for the PlayStation VR demo's at GamerCon. Click on the link provided in the email we sent to all Ticket Holders yesterday to book. Also - we will have a limited capacity for walk-ups on the day if you are unsuccessful in booking a slot. Note: PSVR Demo's suitable for ages 12+"

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Have 2 tickets for gamercon for this Saturday. Any reasonable offer will be accepted. €50 paid for 2. Pm me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Worst queue simulator ever.

• Advertisement

What is going on? It's ridiculous. Hasn't moved in half an hour

Advertisement