Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Con March 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭da gamer

It's even harder to believe that you're not trolling at this point :pac:

Not trolling. Went to a gaming convention, enjoyed it. Tried to be kind by updating people on my experience of it, get pelted with questions regarding floor layouts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

da gamer wrote: »
    Not trolling. Went to a gaming convention, enjoyed it. Tried to be kind by updating people on my experience of it, get pelted with questions regarding floor layouts etc.

But ye havent really, you've been deliberately evasive about your time there and flatout avoided all the questions you were asked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

But ye havent really, you've been deliberately evasive about your time there and flatout avoided all the questions you were asked :)

I haven't avoided any questions. I deliberately didn't answer stupid trolling questions.

Fake news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

The guy who organised it, Ferdi Roberts, just deleted his twitter account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Fake news

Troll confirmed.

Moving along...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Ferdi needs to brush up on his people skills there dealing with the irate public.

Granted both parties could have handled it better, but shocking display of body language (I think at one point he actually smirks and rolls his eyes)?

Ouch... plot thickens. The organiser is after deleting his twitter account.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Troll confirmed.

Moving along...

No troll. The article says a fire marshall closed down the event - Fake news

It also says they sold 20000 tickets for a venue that holds 7000 people - Fake news.

Moving along.

me_irl wrote: »
    Ferdi needs to brush up on his people skills there dealing with the irate public.

Granted both parties could have handled it better, but shocking display of body language (I think at one point he actually smirks and rolls his eyes)?

Ouch... plot thickens. The organiser is after deleting his twitter account.

Dublin airport tomorrow

R5p9G94.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Not trolling. Went to a gaming convention, enjoyed it. .
    What time did you go at that you seemed to get in so quickly via the front door? Or did you just skip the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Dublin airport tomorrow

R5p9G94.gif

This guy is hardly an intelligent con man, happened to be scrolling through his twitter earlier and he posted identifying information as to where he lives :rolleyes: How much of an idiot do you have to be to post that for everyone to see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Dublin airport tomorrow

---E

^ got my pitchfork handy.

"rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No troll. The article says a fire marshall closed down the event - Fake news

It also says they sold 20000 tickets for a venue that holds 7000 people - Fake news.

Moving along.

They sold 24,000 tickets, 12,000 per day, with all the equipment capacity would be between 7,000-8,000 and the fire marshall did go to assess the situation. The article says it is about to be closed, not that it actually was.

ixoy wrote: »
    What time did you go at that you seemed to get in so quickly via the front door? Or did you just skip the queue?

10am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Cant speak for him but i was there at about 10am maybe just after and the queue was like what you see in the pictures was pretty big queue at that time. I had the VIP pass but no longer than 10 minutes for me in the queue.

The article says it is about to be closed, not that it actually was.

The main headline in big bold font says the show was shut down!!!! Ha Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The main headline in big bold don't says the show was shut down!!!! Ha Ha

And if you actually read the article it says there were reports of it being shut down. REPORTS being the key word. No idea where this guy is reporting from, but if it isn't at the scene then clearly he can only go on what he is being fed.

Now, Ferdi. Surely, you would be better off getting a good sleep before you have to put on your brave face for the angry mob tomorrow.

Here's a tip for anyone going tomorrow, Buy a box of cigarettes. Have them in your hand.

Go up to the front door and say was just outside for a smoke the lady said i could go out and back in. I had my fags in my hand and he asked me was I out for a smoke? I just nodded (Was actually out for lunch across the road)

No wristband, no stamp he didn't ask or check for tickets nothing just said go ahead.

Lau2976 wrote: »
    This guy is hardly an intelligent con man, happened to be scrolling through his twitter earlier and he posted identifying information as to where he lives :rolleyes: How much of an idiot do you have to be to post that for everyone to see?

These days? It's pretty silly for someone who's in his position yeah.
    If it turns out he was just stupidly greedy instead of a sham, i've even less sympathy for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Aw crap - I've coach tickets booked for the morning to take my very excited 10 year old son to what sounds like a supremely **** and very poorly run profiteering event. I hope organisers get sued to **** and left penniless.....

I think it's pretty clear the best option would be to cancel but I gotta look at alternatives cause feel like I can't let him down - Can anyone local or in the know please post suggestions on where to bring a 10 year old kid in Dublin on a Sunday?

Anything considered, incl museums, science orientated stuff or technology etc.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :(

These days? It's pretty silly for someone who's in his position yeah.
    If it turns out he was just stupidly greedy instead of a sham, i've even less sympathy for him.

I'm a nobody and I certainly wouldn't dream of it.

Also just to clarify as my post may come across as otherwise, im saying this guy is an idiot and not the sophisticated conman everybody is suggesting he is and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Aw crap - I've coach tickets booked for the morning to take my very excited 10 year old son to what sounds like a supremely **** and very poorly run profiteering event. I hope organisers get sued to **** and left penniless.....

I think it's pretty clear the best option would be to cancel but I gotta look at alternatives cause feel like I can't let him down - Can anyone local or in the know please post suggestions on where to bring a 10 year old kid in Dublin on a Sunday?

There's the Big Family Day Out in Merrion Sq, short walk from convention centre, if the weather is good. Also a funfair outside Custom house

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/events/event/big_day_out

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Cant speak for him but i was there at about 10am maybe just after and the queue was like what you see in the pictures was pretty big queue at that time. I had the VIP pass but no longer than 10 minutes for me in the queue.
    I'm not sure at what point the queue stopped moving. I got there at 11:15 and by 11:35 I was just about to turn the corner to the final stretch where you got in. It stopped at that point - was it moving more freely before then?

Either way, the lack of communication was appalling. I was relying on people passing me by and Twitter posts which is clearly where the bleedingcool journalist mined his information from. It's not as if there was an official source that actually handled it properly.

I am wondering who that fella is who was yelling at the security that's been doing the rounds on Twitter and other places.

Mango Joe wrote: »

Nm Patser beat me to it above.

I'm a nobody and I certainly wouldn't dream of it.

Also just to clarify as my post may come across as otherwise, im saying this guy is an idiot and not the sophisticated conman everybody is suggesting he is and nothing else.

Ahh i got that alright :) no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone who got in get to meet Ali-A? Aparantly he spent 4 hours Doing a signing session although reading some of the tweets other youtubers didn't hang around as long meeting their fans. He is back tomorrow if anyone is going

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

Nm Patser beat me to it above.

Do I unlock an achievement?

I'm not sure at what point the queue stopped moving. I got there at 11:15 and by 11:35 I was just about to turn the corner to the final stretch where you got in. It stopped at that point - was it moving more freely before then?

Either way, the lack of communication was appalling. I was relying on people passing me by and Twitter posts which is clearly where the bleedingcool journalist mined his information from. It's not as if there was an official source that actually handled it properly.

I am wondering who that fella is who was yelling at the security that's been doing the rounds on Twitter and other places.

No idea as I just walked passed everybody. That was worth the 15 quid alone. I didn't see anyone in the normal queue move or go inside at all while I was on the way in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Spotted on FB:

ZFKG2Gi.png

Advertisement