Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics bloggers should avoid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Splishsplash

"guys what did I do wrong,? I can't do anything right, I'm taking a break from all social media, it is not fair I'm always getting bullied" while crying her eyes out. Tomorrows post.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I would be annoyed if I was that bride she's too busy snapping than enjoying the moment I'd say the bride specifically meant her . Between her the sister and her boyfriend I've never seen three more attention seekers .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Potatocup

Totally agree, never saw such attention seekers in all my life!!
    If I was that bride I would not be happy, grace is snapping the table favours, the wedding candles with the bride and grooms name, put the phone down girl!!! Can she really not respect someone else's wishes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Grace actually has a snapchat addiction. Seriously. I cannot tell you how utterly fcuked off I would be if I was that bride right now. What part of "no social media at our wedding" does she not understand?!? That is not "no snaps of the bride please" or "don't post pics on Facebook". It's "do not Snapchat/instagram/take pics for social media at our wedding please". So ignorant.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Are they all at weddings this weekend?

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Grace actually has a snapchat addiction. Seriously. I cannot tell you how utterly fcuked off I would be if I was that bride right now. What part of "no social media at our wedding" does she not understand?!? That is not "no snaps of the bride please" or "don't post pics on Facebook". It's "do not Snapchat/instagram/take pics for social media at our wedding please". So ignorant.

The worse thing is the people in the background being filmed and not even realising.
    Why should everyone else abide with the bride and grooms rules and not her it's like her and the sister are basically saying F you we will do what we like to the couple,
    I hope no one in the background called in to work sick because if they are spotted they will be getting the bullet .
    Zero thought for anyone else but herself

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

This annoys the hell out of me aswell. I agree with you it's pure greed, some of them expect everything handed to them on a plate. They can't be that badly off for freebies since everything they get is a freebie anyway. And Grace is living at home with her mum rent free and getting all her makeup and loads of baby clothes free so she can't be that badly off. I saw SJ when she was looking for a hotel in Belfast ask her followers to suggest a place- as if she couldn't find somewhere herself in the whole of Northern Ireland to do one of her workshops

And as for "He bought me a diamond bracelet" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Terrible! I don't follow her since Xmas! You would think she would be enjoying herself not snapping even if it was allowed!

Another snapper/fitness person infollownis at a wedding and hasn't posted since she got her hair done! Just put a pic of her dress on Instagram and left it at that! Proper way to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

It's annoying as a recent bride.  You work so hard for your wedding day to be enjoyed by the guests.  You save for so long and you put in a huge effort to make sure the details add up for the guests to enjoy themselves.  And for guest to not show the respect of honoring your wishes to not have social media is really insulting.  It happened on my wedding day but I'll be honest we were disappointed about this.  It's not the biggest deal in the world but at the time of a wedding to the bride and groom it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's a sad state of affairs that people have to ask their guests to keep the wedding off social media... you'd think people would just have the respect and cop on to stay off social media for the day and just enjoy the wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Cria wrote: »
    The worse thing is the people in the background being filmed and not even realising.

Which included the bride at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

No social media means none. Not just snap yourselves and the decor and entertainment and food or the names of the bride and groom on table favours. Ffs she could have just taken pics and videos for personal family use. They didn't say no cameras, just no social media.

Anyone who watches that and doesnt think shes being really sh1tty is as bad as she is. She has a serious addiction and over sharing on social media problem. If she ever gets married herself she'll spend the day with the phone on her hand sharing her day with her followers.
    Its quite frankly pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

Surely there might be some other guests at the wedding who may check their phones and see that shes posting on snapchat and tell her to stop?

I think she has an addiction, and its not even interesting content for her followers

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Surely there might be some other guests at the wedding who may check their phones and see that shes posting on snapchat and tell her to stop?

I think she has an addiction, and its not even interesting content for her followers

The rest of the guests are probably too busy enjoying being there and in the moment in addition to respecting the couples wishes, to have their phones in their hands.

Lindy97 wrote: »
    The rest of the guests are probably too busy enjoying being there and in the moment in addition to respecting the couples wishes, to have their phones in their hands.

True that! The bride might see the snaps tomorrow and have a word with her. It's total disrespect of someone else's big day!

But I remember when it was her sisters wedding she snapchatted the entire thing almost!

It's like her brain can't even register the notion of people not wanting to be staring down a camera lens all day long. It doesn't even register with her.

Really I didn't see that how disrespectful is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Lindy97 wrote: »

True that! The bride might see the snaps tomorrow and have a word with her. It's total disrespect of someone else's big day!

But I remember when it was her sisters wedding she snapchatted the entire thing almost!
    She is probably banking on the snaps disappearing before that happens

She is probably banking on the snaps disappearing before that happens

She actually has a snapchat addiction. I follow her on Instagram too and I see she was liking comments on a pic of her and Chris just a few minutes ago.
    To be fair the other bloggers don't post half as much as her.
    Her mother or someone really needs to sit down with her and tell her to cop on with the snapping or Sienna's whole childhood will be on snapchat for the world to see.
    What on earth did she do 10 years ago when social media wasn't a big thing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I am getting married next year and I want a social media ban and I am telling you Grace is being very selfish. You can clearly see the top table is a few of those snaps. I just do not understand why she doesn't put her phone down for one day.

• Advertisement

I am getting married next year and I want a social media ban and I am telling you Grace is being very selfish. You can clearly see the top table is a few of those snaps. I just do not understand why she doesn't put her phone down for one day.

If I was at a wedding where such a ban was in place I would respect it so much I'd feel off even taking my phone out to text. It's the wishes of the married couple, it's their day and whatever they say goes. She is so completely ignorant and selfish. She can't claim she didn't know like she usually does, she stated right beforehand that there's a social media ban. She's not very bright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Even when she stated that there was a ban though, she made it clear that she was planning on flaunting it - "so I'll just snap myself, Chris and the family." She doesn't seem to be able to comprehend the idea of a full break for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Haven't been on snapchat all day myself..the Internet went down thrusting me in to a social media ban.

Personally family events should be off limits be it a wedding, christening, date with the other half or just a day out. There's zero need for it, keep some part of your life private.

The baba's christening bothered me and her labour really did because it was such a special time for her and her other half but also the time it was her dads anniversary and she was sharing very personal traditions that the family do in his honour. It's not right to me at all.

If it was my wedding i would be very upset. It's not like you or me with 10+ people on snap chat its thousands. I'd definitely feel like my privacy and that of my guest was being breached.

Haven't been on snapchat all day myself..the Internet went down thrusting me in to a social media ban.

Personally family events should be off limits be it a wedding, christening, date with the other half or just a day out. There's zero need for it, keep some part of your life private.

The baba's christening bothered me and her labour really did because it was such a special time for her and her other half but also the time it was her dads anniversary and she was sharing very personal traditions that the family do in his honour. It's not right to me at all.

If it was my wedding i would be very upset. It's not like you or me with 10+ people on snap chat its thousands. I'd definitely feel like my privacy and that of my guest was being breached.

It feels like a middle finger up to the couple I don't understand her obsession with snapchat she can't even stay off it for a day when she has her baby .. do people actually want to see her bloke and her sister sing along to songs ??? Even the brother is getting in on the snaps .. that's definitely a topic i want avoided your boyfriend and sister trying to be Snapchat famous . Reeks of desperation imo.

Cria wrote: »
    It feels like a middle finger up to the couple I don't understand her obsession with snapchat she can't even stay off it for a day when she has her baby .. do people actually want to see her bloke and her sister sing along to songs ??? Even the brother is getting in on the snaps .. that's definitely a topic i want avoided your boyfriend and sister trying to be Snapchat famous . Reeks of desperation imo.

Its ridiculous. She just doesn't know when to stop. It's the same thing with her day in day out, snapping rubbish no ones interested in. I mean who wants to see her at a wedding, when she clearly stated no social media allowed and then goes off and snaps the bloody thing. I actually feel for the child aswell, the first couple of months of her life have been laid bare for thousands to see.
    She set up an Instagram account for her newborn baby, I think that says enough about her. Family should be kept off your social media, especially when its to thousands. I wonder does her mother actually mind her snapping her opening presents and clearing out clothes.
    The only reason I still follow her is to see what drama she comes out with next.

Its ridiculous. She just doesn't know when to stop. It's the same thing with her day in day out, snapping rubbish no ones interested in. I mean who wants to see her at a wedding, when she clearly stated no social media allowed and then goes off and snaps the bloody thing. I actually feel for the child aswell, the first couple of months of her life have been laid bare for thousands to see.
    She set up an Instagram account for her newborn baby, I think that says enough about her. Family should be kept off your social media, especially when its to thousands. I wonder does her mother actually mind her snapping her opening presents and clearing out clothes.
    The only reason I still follow her is to see what drama she comes out with next.

An Instagram account for the child ??? How weird is that.

I dip in and out although lately I stay in it's like car crash tv she just gets worse and worse.
    I think out of all the influencers she's at the bottom of the pile it's one drama after the other no transparency constant plugging endless boring family and baby snaps lazy content .
    If I was any of the other bloggers or companies trying to build a reputation for themselves I'd steer well clear of grace the mention of her name with a company these days just draws negative attention to the brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She probably assumed the rules only applied to the unimportant plebs with no following

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Lets face it, she cant adhere to the ASAI rules, she is hardly able to adhere to rules elsewhere

She is now snapping people on the dance floor, oh dear. I would not want my dance moves to be snapped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

I see the story with the wedding now.

Yeah practically the whole wedding but the bridal party etc.

Also quite surprised by MUF tonight, lots of the boyfriend. The one where he was carrying her and she kinda bounced/kicked his butt while say bedtime.....very very unnecessary and extremely unprofessional given that she's running a business. Not to mention the young followers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement