Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics bloggers should avoid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

I heard Grace say on Snapchat today when she was sick that she hopes with all her vomiting she'll have lost half a stone.

Personally I don't think she should be saying stuff like that especially if she has impressionable young girls following her.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I heard Grace say on Snapchat today when she was sick that she hopes with all her vomiting she'll have lost half a stone.

Personally I don't think she should be saying stuff like that especially if she has impressionable young girls following her.

I have heard it all now. I really think that bloggers should refrain from making comments like this. It's really irresponsible :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I know its something people jokingly say if you've had a stomach bug. Isnt there a line in devil wears prada "im just a stomach flu away from my goal weight" but you say it to family and friends not online...i think grace does it a fair bit, doesnt think about the fact shes saying it to a huge number of people she doesnt know. Same with the baby thing, she needs to grow up a lot and be more professional and take ownership and accountability for what she says and does.
    I know her whole schtick is "im just a normal girl but shes clued in enough to be making a decent living, this is her business and she needs to act accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I think bloggers should avoid wearing clothes still with the tags on, and flogging them on Depop immediately afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Puggly

Bloggers should avoid :
    1: oversharing family and personal life.
    2: showing freebies and saying how amazing the products are even tho they haven't used them.
    3: promoting fad diets, detox teas etc
    4: constant promotion of products

I would love to see bloggers actually going back to blogging or doing YouTube videos,I doubt that's going to happen as they're now "influencers" and not really bloggers anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

What grace said was very irresponsible I don't understand how these bloggers are not monitored by their management.

They are basically talking to 60,000 or more people who are mostly young.

One thing I'd like to see less of is people speaking before they think.

Will they ever be reprimanded for ridiculous comments like that

I just watched Graces snaps again today, don't know why I bother. Literally all of them are of her baby. She's had the camera in the child's face all day and it's only 1o'clock. Someone needs to sit down with her and tell her to get a grip on reality.

Unfollowing me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Cria wrote: »

Will they ever be reprimanded for ridiculous comments like that

As long as they have hundreds/thousands of people telling them how amazing they are and that they love seeing her snaps then I don't think the penny will ever drop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Its like the snaps from JJ last week when the baby was sick and she was just standing over her giving out - all the comments on instagram were from young girls saying how funny it was and shes so hilarious. Not one negative one was allowed filter through

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Its like the snaps from JJ last week when the baby was sick and she was just standing over her giving out - all the comments on instagram were from young girls saying how funny it was and shes so hilarious. Not one negative one was allowed filter through

Ya I know and Grace going on about her baby's poo explosion! Imagine that girl when she's in her teens and she realises her mother has plastered that all over social media to thousands ! I'd be mortified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

LouD2016 wrote: »

These fans have literally have not got a clue. Leabibg comments like "So funny. Not able". What's wrong with these people?

Alcohol is another topic bloggers should be avoiding, especially in the case where a large number of their followers are under 18. Could one of the leading bloggers post any more posts or memes about alcohol or wine and done so in such a positive light too? Very irresponsible with underage followers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

ratmouse wrote: »
    Alcohol is another topic bloggers should be avoiding, especially int he case where a large number of their followers are under 18. Could one of the leading bloggers post any more posts or memes about alcohol or wine and done so in such a positive light too? Very irresponsible with underage followers.

TBH It's up to the parents of the underage followers to be dealing with that. Their parents should know who they are following and if they don't agree then ensuring their children don't follow them anymore.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    TBH It's up to the parents of the underage followers to be dealing with that. Their parents should know who they are following and if they don't agree then ensuring their children don't follow them anymore.

Doesn't take full responsibility away from the blogger in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

What blogger was posting about alcohol?

IMO bloggers need to show less of their husbands/kids/families etc. and go back to doing what they did at first to get their names out there.

Oh, and be more transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

SB_Part2 wrote: »

To be honest parents can only do so much. Kids will always find a way. Personally I believe as they are advertisers then the same advertising rules should apply that we see with advertising on tv, where I think it's something like if 25%or more of the audience share is under 18 then there are to be no alcohol adverts broadcast. They call themselves influencers, so they should have more responsibility to their younger following when it comes to their powers of influence. Impressionable teens are more likely than others to end up under the influence; pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

ratmouse wrote: »
    Alcohol is another topic bloggers should be avoiding, especially in the case where a large number of their followers are under 18. Could one of the leading bloggers post any more posts or memes about alcohol or wine and done so in such a positive light too? Very irresponsible with underage followers.

I had to stop following the Orlacle cos I actually felt embarrassed for her with all her drunken snaps. That's fine when it's just your mates om snapchat but when you've thousands of followers it's just a bit cringe, nothing to do with underage viewers.

Keep the drunk snaps for your personal Snapchat. In fact keep the kids for that as well.

I just watched Graces snaps again today, don't know why I bother. Literally all of them are of her baby. She's had the camera in the child's face all day and it's only 1o'clock. Someone needs to sit down with her and tell her to get a grip on reality.

Unfollowing me thinks!
    That has to be the most boring Snapchat story ever. Looking at someone else's baby constantly. Put the phone down enjoy your Baby and only snap when you have decent content.
    I've noticed some of the influencers have reduced the amount of snaps they put up they are only snapping when they have interesting content..
    Take note grace and jj.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Thought of the day:
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

There is this magic thing called unfollow. Or you can keep wasting time watching baby snaps and complain about it. There are ten pages of same complaints, I doubt the snaps will suddenly change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

meeeeh wrote: »
    Thought of the day:
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

There is this magic thing called unfollow. Or you can keep wasting time watching baby snaps and complain about it. There are ten pages of same complaints, I doubt the snaps will suddenly change.

The name of the thread is topics bloggers should avoid; people are saying what they think bloggers should avoid.
    How do you know they won't change?

Thought of the day:
    Albert Einstein

The irony.

Anyway, whenever meeeeh posts here the thread gets closed shortly after so it's best for everyone to not engage or the thread will get closed.

Thought of the day:
    Albert Einstein

The definition of insanity going on to threads with the topic topics to avoid and expecting people not to write about what they want avoided.
    best to follow your own advice and unfollow the thread.

On another note there are threads here about non transparency ect and since it's started a lot of influencers have become more transparent on Snapchat.
    So these threads do work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

anna080 wrote: »
    The irony.

Anyway, whenever meeeeh posts here the thread gets closed shortly after so it's best for everyone to not engage or the thread will get closed.

I am also solely responsible for global warming. Anyway I am actually taking my own advice so don't worry.

I am flattered though, threads are never closed straight after I post, I will understand the comment as job well done. :D

anna080 wrote: »
    The irony.

Yes I noticed that too so best to just carry on.

SarahJ wrote: »
    I had to stop following the Orlacle cos I actually felt embarrassed for her with all her drunken snaps. That's fine when it's just your mates om snapchat but when you've thousands of followers it's just a bit cringe, nothing to do with underage viewers.

I'm unfamiliar with the Oracle but constant druken snaps sounds poor in terms of sending out the wrong message to underage followers. Main bogger is the same - constant alcohol related posts and jokes. It's actually pathethic that a woman in her 30s has that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

I unfollowed Terrie McEvoy on Snapchat ages ago because if this. Her story was a drunken mess most weekends. A load of screaming and shouting into the phone. It done my head in!

scarbouro wrote: »
    I unfollowed Terrie McEvoy on Snapchat ages ago because if this. Her story was a drunken mess most weekends. A load of screaming and shouting into the phone. It done my head in!

Same could be said for SS

I unfollowed Terrie before she emigrated for the same thing nothing but drunk snaps one whole day was Her and her friend staying on the drink from the night before and going around her apartments drunk screaming and doing cartwheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I've never followed this Terrie person, don't know who she is, but nakedwithoutmylippy had similar drunken snaps which is why I stopped following her on Snapchat. When she moved to Dubai, every weekend was a long story full of drunken ramblings, snaps etc. Completely turned me off her.

Tanya Burr is another one I cannot watch, I used to love her, but she got very childish/immature for a while and it completely turned me off her, even now if I try to watch a video, I can only stick it for a minute or two and I have to turn it off. She is highly irritating.

Bloggers need to be a bit more mature in my opinion and use less of those stupid filters with those funny voices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement