Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics bloggers should avoid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Who are these bloggers? I must be out of the loop altogether. Medical advice is a no no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Gillouise

I've just watched Grace's story and she's blocked someone for suggesting she doesn't snap Sienna so much, it comes across as really immature.

I've unfollowed a few of them lately, mainly because a lot of the content was the exact same from 4 or 5 different people. It's so boring seeing the same companies being mentioned over and over again. And surely the snappers/bloggers must realise that because alot of them are 'friends' or at least mention each other alot and so I'm assuming they're watching each other's stories..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I HATE THOSE BLOODY FILTERS!!!!!! :(

That is all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

OMFG using the Goddamn filters for every snap, I just breeze by those. I cannot abide being talked at while someone has fake rabbit ears and a high pitched voice. Makes me want to scream. How is that helpful, half the time what they are saying in indecipherable becuase of the voice changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Just watched Grace's snaps. The whole thing is of the baby. Poor baba - subjected to a phone in the face the whole time!!
    Don't they want to keep their baby private? I'm not a mum yet, but I won't be sharing lots of photos online, let alone videoing their every move for broadcast to thousands. It's really really awful. I really believe that these influencers should only snap if they have something reasonably interesting to share.

(Got to the end of Grace's snaps and see she blocked someone and sniggered because they queried the length of time she snaps Sienna....... immature response. I'd expect better from a grown up to be honest. I'll be unfollowing I think, except it's like carcrash tv...........!!! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Gillouise wrote: »
    I've just watched Grace's story and she's blocked someone for suggesting she doesn't snap Sienna so much, it comes across as really immature.

I've unfollowed a few of them lately, mainly because a lot of the content was the exact same from 4 or 5 different people. It's so boring seeing the same companies being mentioned over and over again. And surely the snappers/bloggers must realise that because alot of them are 'friends' or at least mention each other alot and so I'm assuming they're watching each other's stories..
    I just had a look did she actually say she spends about 10 minutes on snapchat a day is she delusional I went on and from 6.15 until now she was snapping the baby or food.
    Then she said I snapped her because I'm not well why does she even snap if she's not well take a break from snapping.
    She was well enough to promote neurofen and frighten her baby with that fan it was very uncomfortable watching her laugh at the child's uncertainty of the fan and she did it a number of times.
    IMO the child is just a prop for her on Snapchat.

Just watched Grace's snaps. The whole thing is of the baby. Poor baba - subjected to a phone in the face the whole time!!
    Don't they want to keep their baby private? I'm not a mum yet, but I won't be sharing lots of photos online, let alone videoing their every move for broadcast to thousands. It's really really awful. I really believe that these influencers should only snap if they have something reasonably interesting to share.

(Got to the end of Grace's snaps and see she blocked someone and sniggered because they queried the length of time she snaps Sienna....... immature response. I'd expect better from a grown up to be honest. I'll be unfollowing I think, except it's like carcrash tv...........!!! )
    I keep unfollowing until I read she does something else like telling young girls to get pregnant SMH the schools doing classes on contraception and stds must hang their heads hearing irresponsible comments like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 suziki832

I saw Graces snap aswell about blocking someone for telling her not to snap Sienna so much. And then Grace was sniggering that if someone's sends her a mean snap they will be blocked. How on earth is telling her not to snap her baby as much mean??
    And she only spends ten minutes a day on snapchat, is she for real?
    She didn't come across well when she mentioned she blocked someone, I thought she was rather bitchy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

suziki832 wrote: »
    I saw Graces snap aswell about blocking someone for telling her not to snap Sienna so much. And then Grace was sniggering that if someone's sends her a mean snap they will be blocked. How on earth is telling her not to snap her baby as much mean??
    And she only spends ten minutes a day on snapchat, is she for real?
    She didn't come across well when she mentioned she blocked someone, I thought she was rather bitchy about it.

I just watched the same. I had to re-add her to watch.

I watched retro flames video this week on career advice and she said that without her followers she'd be no one and she really values the support.

Grace doesn't seem to realise that or value her followers. She could have simple said I'll take that on board thank you but instead she was nasty and sent a warning to others not to question her.

I think bloggers should avoid forgetting what they role is. It isn't to be god like. It's to discuss and recommend items within interest context like a mini magazine or tv channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Personally i wouldn't have said "spend some time with your child" if thats what the person said. The tone is a bit aggressive and grace does spend a huge amount of time with her....she just snaps it all. I think approaching it from a safety or siennas privacy angle is better rather than accusing her of bad parenting.. just my 2 cents.
    Granted grace would prob still block you and call you a bully or whatever.

Shes seriously delusional about the amount of time she spends on snapchat though. 10 minutes a day........ nope grace, just nope

• Advertisement

Does this Grace one be on anything else other than Snapchat?

KKkitty wrote: »
    Does this Grace one be on anything else other than Snapchat?

She has a blog and other social media too

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Lindy97 wrote: »
    Personally i wouldn't have said "spend some time with your child" if thats what the person said. The tone is a bit aggressive and grace does spend a huge amount of time with her....she just snaps it all. I think approaching it from a safety or siennas privacy angle is better rather than accusing her of bad parenting.. just my 2 cents.
    Granted grace would prob still block you and call you a bully or whatever.

Shes seriously delusional about the amount of time she spends on snapchat though. 10 minutes a day........ nope grace, just nope

I think she must believe her own BS tbh. All she does is snap her baby. Her baby is so cute don't get me wrong, but I seeing her every second of the day is too much. Surely Grace has to know that it's too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Bloggers posting so many pictures of their young kids really makes me uncomfortable, the baby has no say or choice in the matter, and who knows who is looking at the photos? An adult can make an informed decision about what photos of themselves they put out there, but children don't have that luxury and I think it's really unfair. They are human beings, not "props" to get like or followers.

She has a blog and other social media too

So she's trying to make out that she's not on Snapchat much but she has to update her blog and other social media pages?

In fairness she lives on Snapchat morning noon and night nothing is private sickness christenings weddings family parties giving birth to her baby.
    She should sit down tonight and go through her snapchat story it's one after the other of the baby.
    I'm sorry imo that's lazy content there is such a thing as too much.
    Snap when you have something interesting to snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There must be an audience for it though, the question is, who? Like I can't imagine young teens being interested in that, I certainly wouldn't have been. Maybe other young mothers who have children the same age as sienna? But my sister had a baby around that time and she barely has time in the day to see to everything she needs to do never mind sit down and watch someone mind Snapchat their baby all day.

Imagine these babies when they're grown up knowing that every single thing seemingly that they did good or bad was documented online for strangers to see.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I added Grace today to see what people were talking about. She really does snap her baby a lot. 3 sets of 5 snaps of just the baby laughing! It felt quite uncomfortable and intrusive to watch. She certainly spends more than 10 mins on snapchat anyway! I noticed that she posts very rarely on her blog too.

Her reaction to the comment on her snaps was out of order too. I don't know how it was worded but I can't imagine that was the first time something has been said if her snaps are the same every day. Her profile is one that she opened to be watched by the public and she needs to remember that. If she doesn't feel that she doesnt have much to say on a day then she should take the day off snapchat instead of constantly putting up snaps of her daughter.

In fact, I'd like to see more snapchatters take days off snapchat instead of putting up pointless stuff just to have a story. I'd rather watch someone with an interesting story every-so-often than having to trudge through a load of pointless snaps daily in the hope that there is a good snap. I've given up on a lot of snapchatters for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

Did anybody see SJ telling people to wear their seatbelt and that's she's teamed up with the RSA. It was #ad aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

silly question,

but I find my self clicking through the babysnaps, literally tap tap tap. I presume these do register as being viewed? Like if say 50,000 people click through the endless boring snaps, she can still say and show companies, "hey look 50,000 people viewed my story". Where in reality she has nowhere near that?

heyjude88 wrote: »
    silly question,

but I find my self clicking through the babysnaps, literally tap tap tap. I presume these do register as being viewed? Like if say 50,000 people click through the endless boring snaps, she can still say and show companies, "hey look 50,000 people viewed my story". Where in reality she has nowhere near that?

That's true. Snap chat has a lot way to go. It's kind of the same as fast forwarding through ads on recorded tv. Counts as watched

Did anybody see SJ telling people to wear their seatbelt and that's she's teamed up with the RSA. It was #ad aswell.

Yeah all the snaps had #ad.

After Rosie telling the story why she teamed up with them.. (the near miss last year with Harry on the motorway)... I was like, ah well that makes sense, and thought it was a nice collaboration.

Then when SJ started on as to why she teamed up with them... (her dads a paramedic).... I was literally thinking, this is just an easy pay packet for the two of them. The whole thing was lost on me then!

That's true. Snap chat has a lot way to go. It's kind of the same as fast forwarding through ads on recorded tv. Counts as watched

Thought as much. Such a pity! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

After Rosie telling the story why she teamed up with them.. (the near miss last year with Harry on the motorway)... I was like, ah well that makes sense, and thought it was a nice collaboration.

Then when SJ started on as to why she teamed up with them... (her dads a paramedic).... I was literally thinking, this is just an easy pay packet for the two of them. The whole thing was lost on me then!

To be honest if it makes more people aware of wearing their seatbelt correctly then it can only be a good thing. At least they both disclosed it as an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Wexy86

I agree - they really shouldn't be giving the whole personal side to the ad when there are numerous bloggers doing the same ad campaign. It's like they went looking for a memory to talk about. Just be honest - RSA paid me to talk about safety because I've a large following of younger people and x many younger people die or are seriously injured every year, just as strong a message.

And then you've what looks SJ and the fiancé not wearing a seat belt in the snaps earlier on in the taxi, can't remember if all her snaps yesterday in the traffic had a seatbelt. Now there could be a round the waist belt but I feel that's unlikely as she's not sitting in the middle seat of the cab/bus:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wanderlust20

Really irritates me when bloggers don't watch their snaps back before posting them. Often have to click through countless snaps that were accidentally muted or inaudible due to background noise. If you expect your followers to watch your 'content' you could at least review it yourself

Wexy86 wrote: »
    I agree - they really shouldn't be giving the whole personal side to the ad when there are numerous bloggers doing the same ad campaign. It's like they went looking for a memory to talk about. Just be honest - RSA paid me to talk about safety because I've a large following of younger people and x many younger people die or are seriously injured every year, just as strong a message.

And then you've what looks SJ and the fiancé not wearing a seat belt in the snaps earlier on in the taxi, can't remember if all her snaps yesterday in the traffic had a seatbelt. Now there could be a round the waist belt but I feel that's unlikely as she's not sitting in the middle seat of the cab/bus:p

Yeah no seatbelts in any of the other snaps! Just makes me roll my eyes. Such a mockery like :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Wexy86

anna080 wrote: »
    There must be an audience for it though, the question is, who?

Just because she had a large audience it doesn't mean they are all fans, all you have to do it look at all the blogger threads here and everyone bit*hes about Grace but yet everyone continues to follow. Rosemary used the term hate follow(which is a horrib term but I understand the premise) or something like that earlier and from looking at the engagement on Graces IG I'd say a lot of her followers are just there to be nosy and have a bit*h, myself included as I follow/unfollow regularly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

65 snaps of the child and discussion of child bouncing in her own poop. 65 snaps.
    Does she even listen to herself? "Can't go to the gym I'm unwell but here's 65 snaps of a 6 month old".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement