Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics bloggers should avoid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

ratmouse wrote: »
    Vegan lube?! Wtf? Who was blogging about that??

FacebyGrace
    She also was saying about how her boyfriend wont let her snapchat him with his top off as he keeps his sexy body for her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

FacebyGrace
    She also was saying about how her boyfriend wont let her snapchat him with his top off as he keeps his sexy body for her

What is actually wrong with these folk?! Jaysus!

What is actually wrong with these folk?! Jaysus!

I know right? and MUF snapchatting what shes bringing on her hols, which included vagina spray seemingly and underwear, theres a load of comments about it on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

FacebyGrace

In fairness to Grace (who I think is in the wrong 99% of the time), I think the whole lube thing was a joke. She got sent a package and didn't know what it was. She was going through it and showing all the products. She has alot of young followers so I get what you mean its a bit much. But she was not promoting it in a dirty way or anything. She seemed surprised that it was in the package at all and made it into a sort of joke.

EDIT: she shouldn''t be promoting these things to her young followers yes. But, its not like she ranted and raved at how the lube was amazing. She just laughed at what she was sent as it was very random to come along with shampoo and conditioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

heyjude88 wrote: »
    I wish bloggers would stop the whole nonsense of having different "looks" for each part of a trip/holiday. Like wearing specific clothes to the airport, having a backpack so your hands are free etc etc.

We are not 12 years old and do not need to be told what to wear on an airplane. Personally I just want to be comfortable, not pretending to be famous.

I thought that too it feels like a grown woman trying to act 14 .. these tips are imo childish tips.

• Advertisement

I wish bloggers would avoid asking followers where they can get a particular item from and posting a photo on their social media of said item. To me it screams of #begging for the supplier of said item to get I contact with the blogger and give them the item for free. I said it before that Sue seems to look for "recommendations" for salons,hotels,etc from her followers but it looks, in my opinion, like a guise for "can someone give me the product or service for free?". I see Fairy is on Facebook asking people if they know where she can get a particular pair of black Adidas runners. If you google said runners, they actually are available to purchase online. To me this post appears to be #begging for someone to supply her with these runners. Could be wrong but that's how it looks.
    It screams begging it's a cover story imo for trying to get items for free google the information and give it to your followers they follow you for advice on where to get stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057710031

I'm not sure wether to include this here but I don't think she should have done a blog post on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

capefear wrote: »

I'm not sure wether to include this here but I don't think she should have done a blog post on this

I think that some of the comments on that thread are exactly why she should have done a blog post on it. There is still a large group of people who only think it's rape if you were dragged down an alley so I do think it's important to talk about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

Considering the discussion (in general) needed around this wider issue, that it is a personal blog and her personal story and, like the comment above, some of the frankly horrific reactions to it on the dedicated thread, this is a post which I can see no reason not to have written.
    Her audience is (I'm guessing) predominantly female and twenty-something +, so she's speaking in her blog to women just like her. While I think it's important everyone speaks about this, for the purpose of relevancy it is not like she is writing a post completely irrelevant to her target audience.
    The only reason I can see that someone would think she shouldn't have written it is that they somewhat or totally disagree with her view on what happened and that's the reader's issue to discuss, not a reason for her not to have written it.
    I don't want this become a "is her view right/wrong" thing on this thread (even though frankly I'm not sure I could stomach reading any more comments on the dedicated thread) but to keep it in context of this thread, I think she was perfectly entitled to write the piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Last week she tweeted "I thought Gossie-gate would mark the highest traffic on my blog. Turns out I was wrong... biggest day ever today"

after she wrote a post giving out about Weight Watchers appointing Lisa Cannon as their brand ambassador, after her latest post her website will probably crash

• Advertisement

after she wrote a post giving out about Weight Watchers appointing Lisa Cannon as their brand ambassador, after her latest post her website will probably crash

You're probably right, but imagine all of the hate she is going to get over this post, is already getting on the dedicated thread; she speaks regularly about the crap she gets on twitter etc and that's just about general stuff (she was totally right to point out Lisa cannon is a babe and really doesn't need to be the face of a weight loss programme IMO), imagine the horrible messages she will get over this? Whatever about courting controversy, to write a piece knowing you are going to get horrifically trolled over it isn't easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

As others have said, i for one am glad she wrote this. There is still very much this idea that rape can only be perpetrated by a stranger attacking you and it cant be someone you know let alone someone you're in a relationship with. The sheer number of comments with people sharing their stories shows we have a long way to go in understanding the ways on consent.

Mekekka wrote: »
    You're probably right, but imagine all of the hate she is going to get over this post, is already getting on the dedicated thread; she speaks regularly about the crap she gets on twitter etc and that's just about general stuff (she was totally right to point out Lisa cannon is a babe and really doesn't need to be the face of a weight loss programme IMO), imagine the horrible messages she will get over this? Whatever about courting controversy, to write a piece knowing you are going to get horrifically trolled over it isn't easy.

I don't agree she was right about Lisa Cannon, she started off like she did with Gossie award post all fawning about how great she was , how lovely she was yadda yadda.
    Yeah Lisa looks great but she is on tv so is part of her job and while it may look like she doesn't need to lose weight in comparison to say somebody who is morbidly obese she has said that she struggles with her weight and eating healthily.
    I don't understand why someone would have a go at her about wanting to lose a stone or wanting to become healthier. The post just came across as incredibly catty.

groovyg wrote: »
    I don't agree she was right about Lisa Cannon, she started off like she did with Gossie award post all fawning about how great she was , how lovely she was yadda yadda.
    Yeah Lisa looks great but she is on tv so is part of her job and while it may look like she doesn't need to lose weight in comparison to say somebody who is morbidly obese she has said that she struggles with her weight and eating healthily.
    I don't understand why someone would have a go at her about wanting to lose a stone or wanting to become healthier. The post just came across as incredibly catty.

I read the piece as a comment on weight watchers/weight loss groups and how they choose brand representatives as opposed to a negative piece about Lisa Cannon herself.

Yeah her argument was Lisa is not overweight and WW appointing her as a brand ambassador are targeting people who are not overweight which I think is bull****. Considering Rosemary spent last year posting pics on social media of her weight loss progress thanks to weightlifting and clean eating its bit a turnaround now to giving out about weight loss group and who they appoint to represent them.

groovyg wrote: »
    Yeah her argument was Lisa is not overweight and WW appointing her as a brand ambassador are targeting people who are not overweight which I think is bull****. Considering Rosemary spent last year posting pics on social media of her weight loss progress thanks to weightlifting and clean eating its bit a turnaround now to giving out about weight loss group and who they appoint to represent them.

Think we will just agree to disagree on this one! I know her stuff (and her!) is like marmite so totally get the varying opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cookiesmuggler

I wish bloggers would avoid asking followers where they can get a particular item from and posting a photo on their social media of said item. To me it screams of #begging for the supplier of said item to get I contact with the blogger and give them the item for free. I said it before that Sue seems to look for "recommendations" for salons,hotels,etc from her followers but it looks, in my opinion, like a guise for "can someone give me the product or service for free?". I see Fairy is on Facebook asking people if they know where she can get a particular pair of black Adidas runners. If you google said runners, they actually are available to purchase online. To me this post appears to be #begging for someone to supply her with these runners. Could be wrong but that's how it looks.

this bugs me too!! grace used to do this constantly when she was pregnant , put up pics of the buggy she wanted , the cot she wanted . At one point she put up a list of the things she wanted for the baby when she was born, it was like a begging list . They know exactly what they are doing when they are asking questions like " oh does anyone know where to ge this or that" or id love this or oh no im running out of this product and its my fav! like come on , its just greed if you ask me

this bugs me too!! grace used to do this constantly when she was pregnant , put up pics of the buggy she wanted , the cot she wanted . At one point she put up a list of the things she wanted for the baby when she was born, it was like a begging list . They know exactly what they are doing when they are asking questions like " oh does anyone know where to ge this or that" or id love this or oh no im running out of this product and its my fav! like come on , its just greed if you ask me

This annoys the hell out of me aswell. I agree with you it's pure greed, some of them expect everything handed to them on a plate. They can't be that badly off for freebies since everything they get is a freebie anyway. And Grace is living at home with her mum rent free and getting all her makeup and loads of baby clothes free so she can't be that badly off. I saw SJ when she was looking for a hotel in Belfast ask her followers to suggest a place- as if she couldn't find somewhere herself in the whole of Northern Ireland to do one of her workshops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I had to laugh at the White Moose Café outright asking for a free hotel stay in New York today :pac: At least they're honest! Though I can imagine a mainstream blogger getting slated for doing the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I would argue what consent is always something that should be up for discussion. There should always be an ongoing conversation and awareness of it. However, that is not what RMC has done here. And im very aware that I'm throwing myself to the wolves here as you all seem to love her, but this was a very controversial blog post, and rightly so it's being discussed. I find the way she is going about promoting it extremely distasteful, posting crying face selfies and pushing it on every social platform. I've worked with rape victims and I can tell you now, a lot of them only wish they had the privilege of choice of having an awkward "I don't fancy you" conversation over continuing to be raped. That is all I have to say on this topic here and I won't be getting into a discussion with anyone about it here because it is so emotive. Those are my 2c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Easttoeastish

Surely if your told there is no social media at a wedding then snapping from said wedding is in serious poor taste. Especially when your following is substantially more than your average cousin Mary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Surely if your told there is no social media at a wedding then snapping from said wedding is in serious poor taste. Especially when your following is substantially more than your average cousin Mary!!

Yes that's definitely a no no! Who is at the wedding?!

I thought that I'll only be recording myself and she's recording guitarists and chocolate fountains how disrespectful after being told no social media is no one allowed privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Splishsplash

Can't believe she done that!!!! Although wouldn't expect any less, there will be tears tomorrow then, the usual!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Can't she just enjoy a family event without her phone out constantly? I'd be fairly pissed off if I was the bride.

Lol. And I'm sure the whole "no social media at our wedding" rule was specially directed at her and all.

If I was the bride, I'd be asking her to put the phone away. This isn't one of her events she's at. It's someone's special and private day!

Just curious, how do you know she was asked not to snap?

scarbouro wrote: »
    If I was the bride, I'd be asking her to put the phone away. This isn't one of her events she's at. It's someone's special and private day!

She said it! "There is no social media at the wedding so I'll just be snapping myself and Chris", goes on then to snap the choc fountain and the reception band. That was only 20min ago so I'm sure there's more to come!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

scarbouro wrote: »

She said it in one of her earlier snaps - "So, there is no social media at the wedding so I'll just snap myself, Chris and the family and nothing else"

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    She said it! "There is no social media at the wedding so I'll just be snapping myself and Chris", goes on then to snap the choc fountain and the reception band. That was only 20min ago so I'm sure there's more to come!

I don't follow her anymore but didn't take much to figure out who it was! Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement