Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics bloggers should avoid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

biko wrote: »
    Cria wrote: »
    mistakes she's made regarding illegally promoting baby food
    Can you clarify the "illegal" bit? Against what law?

I believe it is against the law to advertise baby formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Yes
    She posted a receipt and named the formula she had bought which is against advertising regulations on formula. She may not have been aware how serious it was but when people contacted her to tell her, she went on snapchat crying about people bullying her for using formula.

While there may have been some criticising it who had no business doing so, From the comments i saw online the majority were just telling her it was against the law and also given she has worked with an affiliate of the formula company it looked very bad for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cookiesmuggler

I know someone has already covered jj not actually getting the ring from Moores but i only watched snap last night , and really thought she was smirking as she was saying it, and trying to keep in her laugh, like trying to keep a straight face while saying it! and what bugged me even more about it was that she wasnt going to say anything about the ring at all after all the faff about it the last few weeks !!! Also in regards to grace, suddenly she is harping on about her baby pooing and wetting herself , just a few days after jj was doing it. i feel like grace has no mind of her own and tends to copy other "bloggers" ,and how catty was she when she said she was blocking who ever dared question her! sorry to keep focus on the thread , i would defo like bloggers to avoid any baby snaps, its not entertaining to watch a baby being played with 23 hours of the day, she is deluding herself if she thinks she only spends 10mins per day on snap chat with the baby, also please dont snap when out walking your baby, enjoy it while you can, its boring for people to see you harping on about nothing for the sake of speaking while you are walking to lidl

Id like bloggers who are on weightloss programs like ww or sw to actually know what theyre talking about.
    Sw must be mortified with grace daily snapping wrong syn amounts and not counting half the stuff she eats and drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I feel the baby snaps are only going to get worse. I mean Sienna and Pearl are both beautiful babies, but they don't do a whole lot yet. Imagine when they start crawling/walking/talking etc etc.. They probably feel like they aren't doing a whole lot with their days lately and so snap their kids to fill up their content, I dont think I'm alone in saying I'd rather maybe 10 snaps of decent content than 300 snaps of making dinner and baby laughing.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I feel the baby snaps are only going to get worse. I mean Sienna and Pearl are both beautiful babies, but they don't do a whole lot yet. Imagine when they start crawling/walking/talking etc etc.. They probably feel like they aren't doing a whole lot with their days lately and so snap their kids to fill up their content, I dont think I'm alone in saying I'd rather maybe 10 snaps of decent content than 300 snaps of making dinner and baby laughing.

Plus it does raise their profiles. They get a huge amount of free stuff for their babies. Sienna is the brand ambassador for a bib company ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Here we go with the baby bores again. My day is now complete seeing a child suck it's breakfast off its bib.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

biko wrote: »
    Can you clarify the "illegal" bit? Against what law?

She promoted a brand of baby food to 50,000 followers your not supposed to promote baby formula I didn't mean illegal as she will get arrested for it. But the fsai are investigating the incident.

I'm with you on that if I want to look at children all day I'll look at my own or a family member.
    A lot of people go on snap when they have a break from their kids last thing they want to see is endless boring snaps of oh she pooed and look at her dinner all over her face please don't do baby snaps follow sharon leavy and the beautiful truths example kids and families are private.

Here we go with the baby bores again. My day is now complete seeing a child suck it's breakfast off its bib.

Is she back snapping the baby and she did so well yesterday trying to keep the content interesting.

• Advertisement

I would like to see less photoshopping and doctoring of images. Especially if you make your career as a beauty expert, how is anyone meant to see a realistic representation of how a product looks on your face if you DRAMATICALLY alter your image so it doesn't even look like you in real life. The ones who say they're the most confident with their looks are often the ones who are the most insecure. There is one girl who is in the gym constantly but is always doctoring her images and they look totally different to ones other people have of her on different platforms. Comments from followers like "omg your waist is so tiny, you look fab Hun", make me so angry because I want to write "you know this isn't realistic right? This person doesn't look like this". It's false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I totally agree, Anna! If you're selling yourself based on your appearance and you're a fitness and beauty blogger, then you should present an honest image of yourself.

I don't mean no filters; everyone lashes on a filter. I mean facetune and photoshop apps. I've seen pictures of her at the same events, tagged vs her own, and she looks completely different. I'm not saying that she looks bad, just not the slightly blurred and utterly smooth alien image of "perfection" that she presents to her followers.

Incidentally her followers all seem extremely young and impressionable. I wish they realise that they're being sold a dream that doesn't exist.

Any picture I've ever seen of her that isn't doctored she looks all the better in. (Usually on someone else's page) She looks like a human being and not like a computer generated extra terrestrial being that she seems to think looks attractive. She's selling a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AoifeCon1996

Surely when you're a "brand ambassador" for a tea company that you plug the entire interview, you should also not say "unlike most irish people - im not a fan of tea or coffee!" While at the start of that interview stating that you drink a cup of the miss fit skinny tea every morning. Am I over reacting to this? Whatever about Grace as she actually did used to drink it so I get why they keep her as an ambassador because she did drink it and will eventually again - but The makeup fairy has posted this quote on her own story, I have the screenshot but dont know how to upload it! Surely admiting you dont like a product you endorse should be a topic to avoid haha also never see her actually drink it on her snapchat when she's promoting it - only ever the packaging? Apologies if anyone thinks this is over the top but just seems so silly to me!

I know the miss fit skinny tea is not exactly the same as regular tea- but surely saying "tea and coffee" indicates a dislike for hot drinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Only started following JJ and Grace in the last few months so I can't compare what the content was like before the babas arrived. I do feel like I see way to much of them and other family members, I know they must feel like it makes them more relatable or human but it can be to much. I see Sienna and Pearl more than I see my nieces. Knowing less about their bodily functions would be great too. It's much to personal for me.

Tea's bother me but I know myself that my liver/kidneys that will keep me going but younger generations are much more impressionable than I.

another that gets me is very little clothing and underwear pics, they are entitled to do this but sharing them with such young followers does not sit well with me especially when altered and photoshopped.

I would like to see less photoshopping and doctoring of images. Especially if you make your career as a beauty expert, how is anyone meant to see a realistic representation of how a product looks on your face if you DRAMATICALLY alter your image so it doesn't even look like you in real life. The ones who say they're the most confident with their looks are often the ones who are the most insecure. There is one girl who is in the gym constantly but is always doctoring her images and they look totally different to ones other people have of her on different platforms. Comments from followers like "omg your waist is so tiny, you look fab Hun", make me so angry because I want to write "you know this isn't realistic right? This person doesn't look like this". It's false advertising.

There's a certain blogger that does that all the time with her pics and if you see photos of her taken by someone else she is a completely different shape very misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

There's a certain blogger that does that all the time with her pics and if you see photos of her taken by someone else she is a completely different shape very misleading.

Fairy

Surely when you're a "brand ambassador" for a tea company that you plug the entire interview, you should also not say "unlike most irish people - im not a fan of tea or coffee!" While at the start of that interview stating that you drink a cup of the miss fit skinny tea every morning. Am I over reacting to this? Whatever about Grace as she actually did used to drink it so I get why they keep her as an ambassador because she did drink it and will eventually again - but The makeup fairy has posted this quote on her own story, I have the screenshot but dont know how to upload it! Surely admiting you dont like a product you endorse should be a topic to avoid haha also never see her actually drink it on her snapchat when she's promoting it - only ever the packaging? Apologies if anyone thinks this is over the top but just seems so silly to me!

That is a ridiculous thing to say when you are an ambassador for tea where did she even say this what interview?.

ratmouse wrote: »
    Fairy

Yeah

• Advertisement

i cant link it because im a new member but its on the independent! what i eat in a day!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yeah
    Especially the ones where her midsection is about 5ft long. Ridiclilous looking.
    It's awful to one one hand promote a "healthy lifestyle" (although how many people can spend 2 hours a day in the gym?) but to doctor photos, promote questionable supplements/teas it's extremely irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

If you zoom in on most of her photos you can see they are altered! Some v badly! Even one for her fairy Wands one of her boobs is smaller then it should be!! The odd filter and getting rid of a spot, or whitening your teeth grand but no need to change your body shape!
    She works so hard at her body in sure it looks amazing without photoshop! It's not fair on younger followers who might change there eating habits go look like something that isn't achievable.
    I've a feeling she is prepping for a fitness show of some sort so I hope if she does do that it will make her realise she dosent need to photoshop her body when she sees other people's photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

a computer generated extra terrestrial being

:D:D brilliant!

Ginny wrote: »
    Especially the ones where her midsection is about 5ft long. Ridiclilous looking.
    It's awful to one one hand promote a "healthy lifestyle" (although how many people can spend 2 hours a day in the gym?) but to doctor photos, promote questionable supplements/teas it's extremely irresponsible.

Even her own photo for that Lancôme dinner last night has her looking verrrrry different to her in other peoples photos at the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I wish bloggers would stop the whole nonsense of having different "looks" for each part of a trip/holiday. Like wearing specific clothes to the airport, having a backpack so your hands are free etc etc.

We are not 12 years old and do not need to be told what to wear on an airplane. Personally I just want to be comfortable, not pretending to be famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

No mention from grace congratulating rosie on her new brand. Thought they were friends? I see Grace doesn't seem to be snapping as much.

I wish bloggers would avoid asking followers where they can get a particular item from and posting a photo on their social media of said item. To me it screams of #begging for the supplier of said item to get I contact with the blogger and give them the item for free. I said it before that Sue seems to look for "recommendations" for salons,hotels,etc from her followers but it looks, in my opinion, like a guise for "can someone give me the product or service for free?". I see Fairy is on Facebook asking people if they know where she can get a particular pair of black Adidas runners. If you google said runners, they actually are available to purchase online. To me this post appears to be #begging for someone to supply her with these runners. Could be wrong but that's how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I think bloggers should avoid topics relating to personal hygiene or reviews of vegan lube products.

• Advertisement

I think bloggers should avoid topics relating to personal hygiene or reviews of vegan lube products.

Vegan lube?! Wtf? Who was blogging about that??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement