Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Sat Mar 4th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Something badly wrong with the weight cutting, this is obviously an issue with dehydration. Add in nerves and it's a recipe for disaster. This was 209 for me I'm not all that bothered about the rest of it. I won't stay up for it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dana will nuke AKA gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

#KebabTime

Presume Khabib cant fight in the summer so its either a very quick fight booked or else its after the summer due to his religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

AKA are a joke at this stgae for pull outs. Of course not blaming them for all the cancellations. Just it's like a hex is on the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I wouldn't mind seeing Ferguson v Lando 2 over 5 rounds.

Lando made weight. All depends on whether Ferguson wants it and if they put the Interim Strap up for both men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

That puts him on McGregor's back burner......permanently would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

So so sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gutted, this really is #1 BS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

You would hope with the pull out records of both men that the ufc had some sort of plan b up their sleeves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How many times has Khabib pulled out of a fight now?

What happens Ferguson now? #1 contender without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Any chance of a replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Khabib rapidly becoming the biggest "what if" in the history of the UFC. F*ck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fcuking sickened, literally the fight I was most looking forward to all year and this happens. I've championed Khabib here for a long time but if he can't manage his weight cut properly, fcuk him. Without that fight, the card already looks a hell of a lot weaker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Gutted.

Ferguson said it to Khabib at the face off event and everything. "Good luck with the cut, your conditioning sucks"

He knew himself.

EDIT

https://youtu.be/mZPOLzshBbQ?t=5m1s

I hope they have Ferguson fight someon :/ Either way I can't wait for Ferguson v Conor in the future.

Also another good reason I dont want khalbabeeb to becomoe champion is the whoel Ramadan thing, where he wont fight/train during Ramadan, which means he can't fight for a chunk of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ah well at least I wont be bolloxed all day sunday now
    I couldnt make up a fight I wanted to see happen more than that one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Classy from El Cucuy:

https://twitter.com/tonyfergusonxt/status/837741693273157633

You have to feel for him, second time Khabib has pulled out on him, hope he gets straight to the front of the queue for a McGregor fight now, but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Disgusted.

Kebab has shown who the real chicken is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

tony won't ever get a shot at that belt as long as its around conor's waist
    he's be mad to step in the ring with him, would the same as fighting diaz but a far superior version

mailburner wrote: »
    tony won't ever get a shot at that belt as long as its around conor's waist
    he's be mad to step in the ring with him, would the same as fighting diaz but a far superior version

The champion would be mad to step in the ring with the No 1 contender? That is a champions job :pac: because Conor is popular he should be allowed just stay champ and not defend against the best guys?

On another note even if Conor becomes not champ in the future, I think he can sell massive PPVs belt or no belt. Could Conor possibly be the first non champion to break 1m buys in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

C6Az_tpWYAEJxjB.jpg:large

Khabib - You can't be beaten if you don't fight.

Thats a real same, I was looking forward to this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Michael Johnson said he accepted a fighter offer, in the process of signing. If true, surely it must be for a catch-weight and get rid of the smelly interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

McGregor would light Ferguson on fire on the feet.
    Ferguson would be shooting once McGregor hits him if not from the bell.

Hearing rumours on Sherdog and Twitter that Michael Johnson might fill in for Khabib
    edit: Already mentioned above never mind

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Michael Johnson said he accepted a fighter offer, in the process of signing. If true, surely it must be for a catch-weight and get rid of the smelly interim.

Isn't there a rule that they have to be within a certain weight of each other. It was mentioned when Gastelum missed weight against Cowboy. It's meant to be 5lbs for the 155 division so most Johnson can weigh in at is 159.5.

Isn't there a rule that they have to be within a certain weight of each other. It was mentioned when Gastelum missed weight against Cowboy. It's meant to be 5lbs for the 155 division so most Johnson can weigh in at is 159.5.

That is the New York state commission that has that rule I am 90% sure, in Vegas they are a lot more lax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think that was a certain athletic commission whereever that fight was, can't remember but yeah would have to be somewhat close but a lot of LW's would walk around at 180 to 200 I'd say. Interesting times ahead. Not as interesting as Tony khabib but better than nothing.

Advertisement