Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Sat Mar 4th

Options
  • 13-02-2017 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭

Screen_Shot_2017_03_04_at_12_53_28.png

As requested in the 208 thread.

US times shown even though I took the screenshot from the UK version of the site. They will update all that the closer we get and I will update the image as more details arise, the card changes and start times are finalised.

Certainly light years ahead of the 208 card. Really looking forward to the top 3 fights, hopefully nothing gets cancelled.

Who will win? 201 votes

Woodley by KO/TKO
    0% 0 votes
    Woodley by Sub
    18% 38 votes
    Woodley on points
    2% 5 votes
    Thompson by KO/TKO
    9% 19 votes
    Thompson by Sub
    16% 33 votes
    Thompson on points
    0% 1 vote
    Khabib by KO/TKO
    15% 31 votes
    Khabib by Sub
    4% 10 votes
    Khabib on points
    7% 15 votes
    Ferguson by KO/TKO
    7% 15 votes
    Ferguson by Sub
    9% 20 votes
    Ferguson on points
    6% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Lando Vannata is on this card? Sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow, great card!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Way too early for this fred imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Gamebred wrote: »
    Way too early for this fred imo.

Only 2 and a half weeks away. Its a great card.

Not speaking of Khabib Ferguson till they both enter the cage, card is due to fall apart any day with injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Not speaking of Khabib Ferguson till they both enter the cage, card is due to fall apart any day with injuries.

If those two make it to the cage then i'll be happy. If they don't make it the card is massively diminished imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Some fights just are stone-cold certain to deliver. Miller v Poirier looked a cert to deliver on paper and did in practice.

You'd have to say that Khabib v Ferguson is a certainty to deliver for any MMA fan, as it's impossible to visualize this fight not hitting the deck.

Gonna be fascinating with Khabib slating BJJ to see what Eddie Bravo has cooked up when it does hit the mat and can Ferguson execute it or is Khabib simply too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Ha,I was just going to ask, did one of them pull a sick note yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Less than 3 weeks out and only 7 fights? Whats that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Same with DC Rumble or any Cain fight, til I see them I won't be getting excited about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gonna be fascinating with Khabib slating BJJ to see what Eddie Bravo has cooked up when it does hit the mat and can Ferguson execute it or is Khabib simply too good.
    I don't think Khabib was genuinely slaying BJJ. It's not a Dave Herman situation or anything.

That's assuming we're talking about his "if sambo was easy..." meme, and not something new he has said

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I hope Hunt puts a hole in Overeem's head, Tony triangles the **** out of khabib and Wonderboy puts Tyrone to sleep and shuts him up for even a little while. Can't wait for this card!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just remembered Tony Khabib is actually for an interim belt. Number 1 Bull*****t!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

2017 goals

Win bull**** Belt
    Fight Chicken

WAR KHABIB!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hope Hunt puts a hole in Overeem's head, Tony triangles the **** out of khabib and Wonderboy puts Tyrone to sleep and shuts him up for even a little while. Can't wait for this card!

I almost hope the opposite happens! Can't stand Hunt since UFC200, hope Overeeem knocks him out and walks off. I hope Khabin GnPs Tony to oblivion but really just want it to deliver I suppose. As long as it's a good fight Tony winning wouldn't bother me. And I also want Woodley to win as I think he won the first fight, especially if it was scored under today's rules he would have had two 10-8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

It's mad the way that they can have such a quality numbered event immediately after such a terrible one. Surely it'd have made more sense (from a marketing point of view) to have had any one of the top 3 fights on 208 instead.

Looking forward to seeing Vannata fight again. Hopefully he doesn't try and defend punches with his face this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

It's mad the way that they can have such a quality numbered event immediately after such a terrible one. Surely it'd have made more sense (from a marketing point of view) to have had any one of the top 3 fights on 208 instead.

Looking forward to seeing Vannata fight again. Hopefully he doesn't try and defend punches with his face this time though.

I'm quite happy to see Vannata continue to defend with his face. Makes for great fights that could end any second. I watched his fight against Ferguson again the other day and it was better than I remembered.

On the card itself, I prefer having a stacked card like this every couple of months even if it means some poor ones in between. Will still watch regardless but it's cards like this that are worth staying up for. I can just catch up on the poor ones on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Django99 wrote: »
    On the card itself, I prefer having a stacked card like this every couple of months even if it means some poor ones in between. Will still watch regardless but it's cards like this that are worth staying up for. I can just catch up on the poor ones on the Sunday.

210 is looking great too, and 211/212 main events are decent so a few solid additions to each and we have a hell of a streak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah will there be any late additions to this card?

Especially excited for the co-main. Wouldn't mind seeing either Tony on Khabib airlines for a few rounds or a lovely salsa dancing to D'arce choke transition on Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

I see Paul Craig from Scotland is down as first fight on Wiki. I thought his submission debut win was brilliant. Will be cheering him on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tinpib wrote: »
    I see Paul Craig from Scotland is down as first fight on Wiki. I thought his submission debut win was brilliant. Will be cheering him on.

He's fighting Tyson Pedro who was equally impressive last time out, very tough to decide here me thinks. Wonder what Mellor thinks of this match up fairly certain he gave a slight run down of Pedro last time (I backed him ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He's fighting Tyson Pedro who was equally impressive last time out, very tough to decide here me thinks. Wonder what Mellor thinks of this match up fairly certain he gave a slight run down of Pedro last time (I backed him ;) )
    Yeah I touted Pedro by sub and he delivered last time out. This is a great match-up tbh.

Both fighters undefeated.
    Both have finished all their opponents.
    Both have 1 knockout win, and the rest by submission. 12 subs betwee them.

This will be a fight with some big punches early before getting down to business on the mat. I'm less familiar with Paul Craig, but a brief glance at his record shows possibly a preference for finishes off his back, while Tyson prefers top pressure.

Either to finish by submission feels good right now. I might go back through Craig's record.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

strange choice of music, I'd expect that in a Family Guy parody :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭creeper1

Yeah it's funny listening to that lovey dovey music while one man beats the living crap out of another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Great preview, love it, something different from the usual stuff put out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Really getting excited for this, very good card and fingers crossed we get through the last couple of weeks intact.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

CatFromHue wrote: »
    strange choice of music, I'd expect that in a Family Guy parody :D

Haha, I think it's great, love the 80's style editing, goes so well with Tony's training montage clips. Something different, definitely got me hyped!

If this actually happens Ferguson is going on a one way ticket to hell via Eagle airlines.

• Advertisement

If this actually happens Ferguson is going on a one way ticket to hell via Eagle airlines.

You think?

I think it could be one sided beatdown the other way.

Tony is such a slippery dude, I think he might have the best takedown defence in LW

wp-1449871615644.gif

We've seen Trujillo escape Khabib a few times with similar rolls, and he isn't half as good as Ferguson at it.

Khabib gets butchered on the feet if it stays standing.

Advertisement