Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Sat Mar 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

The champion would be mad to step in the ring with the No 1 contender? That is a champions job :pac: because Conor is popular he should be allowed just stay champ and not defend against the best guys?

am sure there'll be much bigger money fights for conor
    he'll pick his next opponent not the ufc and I'll wager it won't be tony in
    the near future regardless of what tony does

bisbing on the other hand lol

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think that was a certain athletic commission whereever that fight was, can't remember but yeah would have to be somewhat close but a lot of LW's would walk around at 180 to 200 I'd say. Interesting times ahead. Not as interesting as Tony khabib but better than nothing.

if they let Tony weigh in again, he could probably get to 170 if he tried and then weigh Johnson? Just a guess, its in vegas and the UFC has a lot of weight with the Nevada commission dont they? I mean if this was in NY id say no chance, but maybe in Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ariel said MJ said he's confident he can make 'weight'. Just not sure what that weight is yet.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/837762104283148290

Ferg via sub ? you'd have to think so with all of Johnsons sub losses

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LENNY86

Khabib what a disappointment, I actually knew this would happen though. I was expecting an injury but not weight but its not been confirmed that it was a weight issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

LENNY86 wrote: »
    Khabib what a disappointment, I actually knew this would happen though. I was expecting an injury but not weight but its not been confirmed that it was a weight issue.

Think they said it when he missed weight? The woman announcing it stated weight management issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Lost all interest in this card now...it's turning into a giant shoit sandwich for the UFC...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How can anyone who calls themself a fan have no interest in this card? main event is a cracker Hunto Reem 2 hw legends and you have lando violence on it winging wheel kick get a grip lads we've had nothing but muck this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Think they said it when he missed weight? The woman announcing it stated weight management issues.

No im hearing he had an infection due to the weight cut. not sure how true though.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    How can anyone who calls themself a fan have no interest in this card? main event is a cracker Hunto Reem 2 hw legends and you have lando violence on it winging wheel kick get a grip lads we've had nothing but muck this year.

Id be more interested in Vannata. He is great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think that fight will be a big letdown
    reshad will put on a show no doubt :D
    should be a good card besides but fcuk fcuk fcuk is all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads i am absolutely gutted.

Kebab be thrown on fight pass prelims now against some nobody as punishment.

Kebab be thrown on fight pass prelims now against some nobody as punishment.

I dont think we will see him fight again,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I dont think we will see him fight again,

Why ? If ufc are going to russia I gurantee hes on the card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lost all interest in this card now...it's turning into a giant shoit sandwich for the UFC...

Nonsense

ricero wrote: »

Well according to Khabib in November he said his retirment decision is with his father, His father stated that hed like to see Khabib retire by end of 2017 as a champion. Ill find the links now.

ricero wrote: »

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/26/14744534/khabib-retirement-2018-says-father-mma-mcgregor-news

he has always stated he will adhere to what his father wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

D.Q wrote: »
    No chance I'd say Lads. They really need to do something about the weight cutting.

Yeah, tell him to go fight in a division he can make weight for or risk ending up on a hospital bed again.

UFC can't stop people weight cutting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

But yeah, for me, this card has turned from a 'stay up all night with a few beers' to a 'get up in the AM and avoid facebook to re-watch the fights.'

Pity, but thems the breaks. Really thought once he was OK yesterday that we were good to go. Pity, guys is obviously a unique talent but I can't see the UFC trusting his conditioning again.

Tony vs MJ doesn't interest me, despite the fact I like both fighters... but I think in this context Tony will eat MJ alive, MJ's just there to pick up the cheque.

David Haye said he would be retired by 30, he is fighting tomorrow night at 36 :pac: I wouldn't take what people say to seriously. Khabib is not done with the UFC, but his next fight wont be a main Event and he wont get near a title unless he shows some consistency wiht making weight/ he might be made go to WW.

David Haye said he would be retired by 30, he is fighting tomorrow night at 36 :pac: I wouldn't take what people say to seriously. Khabib is not done with the UFC, but his next fight wont be a main Event and he wont get near a title unless he shows some consistency wiht making weight/ he might be made go to WW.

completely different. Khabib is devout muslim, this decision is regarding his religion.

You'd have to worry about him in a 5 round fight if hes having a struggle cutting weight, Ferguson really missed a opportunity here.

You'd have to worry about him in a 5 round fight if hes having a struggle cutting weight, Ferguson really missed a opportunity here.

I didnt fancy Ferg anyway, I think Khabib would of looked to take it to the ground within first minute and try control it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

AH BALLS.Was just watching embedded and tony quipped “good luck with the weight cut” suggesting he had a tough one
    FFS :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZPOLzshBbQ

at 1.54 khabib getting off the threadmill says no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nate diazs name floating round now...no way he make 155 so fast

dave1982 wrote: »
    Nate diazs name floating round now...no way he make 155 so fast

No chance of Diaz IMO. He wants conor and thats it. Hed make weight hes been training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

No chance of Diaz IMO. He wants conor and thats it. Hed make weight hes been training.

Highly doubtful he could anywhere near 155 in such short time

Advertisement