Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Sat Mar 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

LENNY86 wrote: »
    No chance of Diaz IMO. He wants conor and thats it. Hed make weight hes been training.

They've already asked him and he's too heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Shame this fight will probably never happen at all now after 2 cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Lukker- wrote: »
    They've already asked him and he's too heavy.

Yeah just read that plus he act some weed event in vegas haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads iv been crying uncontrolably

Reading on Sherdog that he is fighting Lando, not sure if its 100% are not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Any word on what the actual complaint was?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,610 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Probably for the best. If MJ fought and won, we'd never hear the end of how Khabib is the best in world and doesn't need to fight to prove it.

https://twitter.com/FollowTheMenace/status/837788973598593026

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Bisping is pissed drunk at this conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

GSP & Bisping conference is on now. Mike is locked by the sound of it.

• Advertisement

It's fair enough from Tony, such a drastic change and not much, if anything to gain against a tough guy who has beaten him before.

Guys coming in fresh and without tough camps have caused problems before.

ERG89 wrote: »
    GSP & Bisping conference is on now. Mike is locked by the sound of it.

GSP to win easily lol

No one is as painful as gsp to listen to. I was never a fan of bisping but you gotta admire his straightness in stuff he says. I hope he wins and retires gsp for good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its a pity conors and bispings weight is so far apart would of loved to see them fight just for the press conferances even

Ferguson is off card now too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Finally composed myself.... what a downer. Still looking forward to tomorrows day of fights but defo a big bit of buzz gone.

Amanda cooper and cynthia whatever da **** above hunt and reem?!??!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Hunt Punishment

ardinn wrote: »
    Hunt Punishment

Nah brah UFC punishment, this ppv will tank :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nah brah UFC punishment, this ppv will tank :P

You could hear the desperation in Woodley's voice at the end there:

"Please buy this pay per view".

Lol Khabib probably cost him tens of thousands of dollars for his PPV points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Woodley is just so unlikable. Trying to find something to get pumped about for tomorrow. Wonderboy and Hunt are the only two capturing my interest. Interested in watching Paul Craig too.

D.Q wrote: »
    Woodley is just so unlikable. Trying to find something to get pumped about for tomorrow. Wonderboy and Hunt are the only two capturing my interest. Interested in watching Paul Craig too.

I actually like Woodley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mental Vanatta v Teymur new co-main too was originally due before Evans/Kelly Reem Hunt was the clear co-main.

Conversation prob went

WME: Who we thinkin for the vacant spot?
    UFC: Likely Bektic and Elkins ranked contenders in the Featherweight division
    WME: Nah no one cares about that division since Conor Left it,there's some women on the card right?
    UFC: Yeah but one of them has never fought in the octagon before that would be ludicrous
    WME: [checks pics] Alright I guess, we're sorted they are in!
    UFC: There are better options
    WME: Ah go way ta fck

• Registered Users Posts: 39,165 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They are a really small window to rebook this fight in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Khabib really hasn't a leg to stand on going forward. All his mouthing & effort throughout his last fight is now in vain. He is likely to end up very much an under achiever after all his non-events.

Khabib has never been a draw outside of the hardcore. Prob would have been a serious amount of viewers in Russia, but 5% would actually be paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    How can anyone who calls themself a fan have no interest in this card?

Some deadly fights on this card (on paper) so I'm hoping it delivers. I suspect it won't though.

The over-arching point is the standard of the UFC product has clearly dipped. Most people judge cards on the strength of the Main and Co-Main fights.

193: Holm v Rousey, JJ v Valerie
    194: Conor v Aldo, Rockhold v Weidman
    195: Lawler v Condit, Miocic v Arlovski
    196: Conor v Nate, Holm v Tate
    197: Jones v OSP, Mighty Mouse v Cejudo

That was a seriously good stretch of cards the UFC were putting out and to be fair the Cleveland card that followed was pretty good too.

Whereas.....

208: De Randamie v Holm, Anderson v Brunson
    209: Woodley v Wonderboy, Vannata v Teymur

It's hard for most fans in America to justify paying $60 for the above when they also paid $60 for much better fight cards.

As for us, just replace the "$60" with "staying up all night and being knackered sunday", and it's equally hard to justify.

I know you love to discuss PPV numbers Gamebred so here's a few to throw out:

UFC 208 did 210,000 buys (Meltzer estimate).
    UFC 209 is currently projected at "late 100's, low 200's".

So the UFC are going into April 2017, i.e. 1st Quarter gone, selling 400,000 PPV buys.

Conor is off eating swanky dinners with corrupt Italians, GSP can't fight until at least August, Ronda's star has fallen so low she's taken a guest-star role as a prison inmate in an NBC tv show, Brock is over acting in the WWE......

DC v Rumble 2 is a good fight and Stipe v JDS 2 is also decent but they ain't selling jack sh1t either, so it's looking like a bleak stretch of PPV cards for the UFC.

That's very close to PANIC STATIONS for the new owners.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Khabib has never been a draw outside of the hardcore. Prob would have been a serious amount of viewers in Russia, but 5% would actually be paying for it.

Dana finally came out and said it as it is today, Quote:

"I'm getting sick of the term money fight. Conor is the guy. He brings in the big numbers, the PPV's, the Gates. If your name ain't Conor McGregor shut your mouth and fight."

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭creeper1

Very little interest in this event now from me. We've already seen the main event not long ago.

I'll probably watch some of it live since on this side of the world it's on around lunchtime.

However if I was in Ireland I'd sleep on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,108 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A guy on my facebook summed it up quite well this morning

"It's like having a nice dream Christmas Eve, then waking up Christmas Morning to find someone has broken into your house and pissed on your children"

Absolutely gutted to see the fight cancelled.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Had to laugh at Woodleys comment at the weigh in ''Please buy the ppv'' lol yeah as if thats gonna make people buy it, hope it doesnt sell and he gets head kicked unconscious so he doesnt make his big money and loses the belt his whinging would be all time high levels, ''they wont buy the ppv because im black''

Advertisement