Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Sat Mar 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

If I remember right, in the TUF season with Cathal Pendred, there was a guy who used a dogbar against the guy he was fighting to get into the house. It was nasty as fúck to even look at and the guy was still able to keep going after it. Think the fight went another round after it as well. It was a brilliant fight.

I didn't watch much of that season and I don't remember that, thanks!

Any form of leg locks look nasty I find, I'm actually surprised we don't see them used more in MMA compared to straight BJJ. I wonder will Tony try to get them off a sprawl or from a roll tomorrow night. Could be a way to try and catch Khabib off guard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Could see Tony hit a scissors takedown to leg attack for sure to avoid being ragdolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Gamebred wrote: »

AH BALLS.Was just watching embedded and tony quipped “good luck with the weight cut” suggesting he had a tough one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yeah Luke Thomas said Khabib seemed to be struggling yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i ****ing told ye this thread was too early lads....

Looked bad on embedded 2 days out, living up to his pull out merchant name given to him by Conor.

Looked bad on embedded 2 days out, living up to his pull out merchant name given to him by Conor.

Dont you start Gameboy...not now...not at a time like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is this on BT Sports or Eirsport? If not any highlights on 3e on Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Still an hour for him to weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Jesus christ if this is all true then I've completely lost all faith in UFC and every fighter apart from Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

goddamnit khabib

McGregor must be pissing himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Outrageous. Biggest fight of Khabib's career and its looking like he's going to miss weight. How unprofessional can you get.

Whatever chance we had of McGregor Khabib its just plummets to zilch, wont risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Helwani just said he has one source that said Khabib is still at the hospital and it's not a weight issue apparently.

Step up Lando

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Unreal, this was the fight of this quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Such a disappointment. What a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

#prayforkabib

Fight cant happen surely if he got an iv, unfair advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh f---ing hell I've been looking forward to this for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hopefully hes just caught his todger in his zipper. Or else im losing faith in muslimism

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Don't think I'll even bother watching 209 if this fight isn't happening and I'm sure I won't be the only one. Woodley Wonderboy doesn't interest me that much to stay up for it.

How great would it be though if Khabib arrived to the weigh ins last minute and it was all a made up story by his team... unlikely though

Fight cant happen surely if he got an iv, unfair advantage.

Ian Mccall was given an IV a few weeks ago and was told he was allowed fight because he got an exception for it, granted he ended up not fighting anyway in the end. If Khabib got a IV id reckon only chance is a catch weight, if Ferguson agrees to fight him at gangster weight :pac: Would Ferguson agree to that though?

Different story for a title fight surely, absolute rancid joke if its allowed happen now with him getting iv help.

• Advertisement

Different story for a title fight surely, absolute rancid joke if its allowed happen now with him getting iv help.

he will be allowed fight but cant win the belt.

I'm a massive khabib fan...but if the above happens i will throw my support behind Tony...just so we get tony vs mcgregor....if khabib were to win and there was no interim....god only knows what we would end up with.

Advertisement