Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British monarch references painted over on street signs.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Ah, the 'bad Republicans, shiny DUP' fantasy. Great.

No. I am simply showing you hypocrisy when you think the Republican "lads" who "murdered innocent workmen (eg Kingsmill ) , or 87 year old fragile old men and then burning his house, because they were Protestants " were not bigoted but those who obey the law and engage in politics or vote for legitimate political parties are, to a man/woman, bigoted.

Can you show us an example of somewhere that it is missing?

Last time I was in Knock, Co. Mayo which was many years ago there were about 20 flagpoles and all well known countries represented except - you guessed it - the UK. It has probably changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

maryishere wrote: »
    Last time I was in Knock, Co. Mayo which was many years ago there were about 20 flagpoles and all well known countries represented except - you guessed it - the UK. It has probably changed since.

To be honest I wouldn't believe your oath. You will have to back it up. See can you cut and paste some evidence there.

No. I am simply showing you hypocrisy when you think the Republican "lads" who "murdered innocent workmen (eg Kingsmill ) , or 87 year old fragile old men and then burning his house, because they were Protestants " were not bigoted but those who obey the law and engage in politics or vote for legitimate political parties are, to a man/woman, bigoted.

Because it is the truth. Ask them to go to a GAA game or to respect the language and what do you get?

The evidence speaks for itself, post conflict they have been continually shown to be bigoted. Arlene plays to the rabble all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Coincidentally Barney Greene was also 87, he was murdered by the UVF just because he was a Catholic. But of course a dead Catholic wouldn't suit your obscene agenda.

• Advertisement

Coincidentally Barney Greene was also 87, he was murdered by the UVF just because he was a Catholic. But of course a dead Catholic wouldn't suit your obscene agenda.

We could be here to next week with the tragic whataboutery. Mary always wants to talk about cherry picked conflict/war deaths. Exploitative faux outrage. Every single death was tragic. End of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Anyway, we all agree this vandalism is a disgrace.

Anyway, we all agree this vandalism is a disgrace.

Yes, disrespecting the culture of others on a shared island is bigoted vandalism.

It actually does suit my "agenda", because my point is that there are bigots and extremists on both sides in N. Ireland. The UVF who murdered Barney Greene were certainly bigots and they dererved to be caught and locked away for a very long time, just like IRA murderers. However, the point is Francie thinks " those who murdered innocent workmen (eg Kingsmill ) , or 87 year old fragile old men and then burning his house, because they were Protestants " were not bigoted but those who obey the law and vote and engage in politics are, to a man/woman...all hundreds of thousands of them...bigoted !

It actually does suit my "agenda", because my point is that there are bigots and extremists on both sides in N. Ireland. The UVF who murdered Barney Greene were certainly bigots and they dererved to be caught and locked away for a very long time, just like IRA murderers. However, the point is Francie thinks " those who murdered innocent workmen (eg Kingsmill ) , or 87 year old fragile old men and then burning his house, because they were Protestants " were not bigoted but those who obey the law and vote and engage in politics are, to a man/woman...all hundreds of thousands of them...bigoted !

You don't need to break the law to be a bigot, you need decades of having the law on your side and owning the police. The DUP are the last vestiges of a sectarian bigoted state. And they have been told their time is up. Share power respectfully and per the agreement or get lost.
    Harking back to a conflict/war that is over for 20 years is not going to hide that.

• Advertisement

Yes, disrespecting the culture of others on a shared island is bigoted vandalism.

So you condemn the burning down of orange halls, which has happened?
    Quote "Convoy Orange Hall was the target, coming just a couple of weeks after Newtowncunningham Orange Hall was destroyed in an arson attack."
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/donegal-orange-hall-burned-weeks-after-previous-arson-attack-1.1950738

I cannot remember any buildings associated with the Irish language being burnt down, certainly not in Donegal, but no down you can refresh our memories?

You don't need to break the law to be a bigot

We all know that, and I said all along there were a number of bigots on both sides. You refuse to condemn the Republicans who murdered the likes of the Protestant workmen at Kingsmill ( because they were Protestants) or the IRA who killed the 87 year old man and burnt his house.

(a) Do you think anyone at all on the Republican side was bigoted?

(b) Do you think all of the hundreds of thousands of DUP supporters are bigoted?
    You seem to imply they are.

We all know that, and I said all along there were a number of bigots on both sides. You refuse to condemn the Republicans who murdered the likes of the Protestant workmen at Kingsmill ( because they were Protestants) or the IRA who killed the 87 year old man and burnt his house.

(a) Do you think anyone at all on the Republican side was bigoted?

(b) Do you think all of the hundreds of thousands of DUP supporters are bigoted?
    You seem to imply they are.

Yes I think there are isolated incidents of republican bigotry.
    Yes I think the DUP are bigoted in what they insist everybody should do because they have religious beliefs and in their attitude to indigenous Irish culture.
    Something they make no secret of, which is why most of the waking world has noticed it, except you.

Yes I think there are isolated incidents of republican bigotry.
    But they must be very isolated, given you think Republicans isolating Protestant civilians and murdering them like at Kingsmill were not bigoted in any way. Given you think there are hundreds of thousands of unionist bigots, tell us more about the isolated incidents of republican bigotry you talk of...now that you admit there are some.

I asked " Do you think all of the hundreds of thousands of DUP supporters are bigoted?" and you replied:
    Yes I think the DUP are bigoted in what they insist everybody should do because they have religious beliefs and in their attitude to indigenous Irish culture.
    Hundreds of thousands of DUP supports must vote for a variety of reasons eg some for local issues, some because they know the candidate, some because they want to vote for a unionist party but they dislike the local UUP candidate etc. You continually insinuate they are all bigoted! You think they ALL have religous beliefs? And what is "indigenous Irish culture"? - have you to be an Irish speaking, GAA playing Catholic?

But they must be very isolated, given you think Republicans isolating Protestant civilians and murdering them like at Kingsmill were not bigoted in any way. Given you think there are hundreds of thousands of unionist bigots, tell us more about the isolated incidents of republican bigotry you talk of...now that you admit there are some.

I asked " Do you think all of the hundreds of thousands of DUP supporters are bigoted?" and you replied:

Hundreds of thousands of DUP supports must vote for a variety of reasons eg some for local issues, some because they know the candidate, some because they want to vote for a unionist party but they dislike the local UUP candidate etc. You continually insinuate they are all bigoted! You think they ALL have religous beliefs? And what is "indigenous Irish culture"? - have you to be an Irish speaking, GAA playing Catholic?

I answered your questions, is there a point you wish to make?

I answered your questions, is there a point you wish to make?
    Yes. You did not answer the questions clearly.
    Do you really think ALL of the hundreds of thousands of DUP supporters are bigoted?

They (the DUP) shared power with Sinn Fein in N.I. for some years : do you think they are more or less bigoted than certain parties in the Dail which in the past have refused to share power with Sinn Fein?

And these " isolated incidents of republican bigotry" you speak of. You do not think the murderers in the Kingsmill massacre were bigoted at all, but do you condemn the burning down of orange halls, which has happened?
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/donegal-orange-hall-burned-weeks-after-previous-arson-attack-1.1950738

Yes. You did not answer the questions clearly.
    Do you really think ALL of the hundreds of thousands of DUP supporters are bigoted?

They (the DUP) shared power with Sinn Fein in N.I. for some years : do you think they are more or less bigoted than certain parties in the Dail which in the past have refused to share power with Sinn Fein?

And these " isolated incidents of republican bigotry" you speak of. You do not think the murderers in the Kingsmill massacre were bigoted at all, but do you condemn the burning down of orange halls, which has happened?

Read back the thread. All dealt with. And I am not here to be questioned by you on off topic nonsense about what happened in a conflict/war.

Read back the thread. All dealt with.

No you did not actually. Continually your attitude was the Republicans involved in actions like the murders of Protestant workers at Kingsmill were not bigoted but all DUP bigoted and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

No you did not actually. Continually your attitude was the Republicans involved in actions like the murders of Protestant workers at Kingsmill were not bigoted but all DUP bigoted and bad.

There is no evidence of systemic bigotry in the IRA, there is in the DUP to this very day.
    The mirror image/ twin of the bigotry displayed by the subjects of the thread.

• Advertisement

Not all unionists are bigots but all unionist bigots would vote DUP.

That reminds me of someone else who said that Not all nationalists are bigots but all nationalist bigots would vote SF.

There is no evidence of systemic bigotry in the IRA
    It was just a hatred of things Unionist and/or British and/or Protestant. But it was not bigotry. Yeah. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

That reminds me of someone else who said that Not all nationalists are bigots but all nationalist bigots would vote SF.

I'm not sure why you've quoted me, like many many others I don't care about what you have to say - your reputation for hatred of your own nation is now infamous on boards.ie

I'm not sure why you've quoted me,
    Because your quote about the "other side" reminds me of a quote the other side wrote about your side. I can see there are bigots and extremists on both sides in N.I.

your reputation for hatred of your own nation is now infamous on boards.ie
    lol. I do not hate my own nation. I can see good and bad in every nation.

It was just a hatred of things Unionist and/or British and/or Protestant. But it was not bigotry. Yeah. ;)

The IRA were involved in dismantling the sectarian bigoted state and those that ran it.
    They had no hate of a religion or a people in general.

If you can show evidence of systemic bigotry against a race or creed in the IRA knock yourself out.

The evidence of systemic bigotry in the DUP is everywhere.

Kingsmill? Enniskillen? Numerous murders of Protestants in border areas who were only sons so the border would be rolled back. If you think extremist Republicans were not as bigoted against the British / Unionist / Protestants as the UVF were against Catholics / Nationalists / Republicans then you knock yourself out.

Not wanting to pay extra tax for a language less spoken in Ireland than Polish is very small compared to more extreme forms of bigotry.

Kingsmill? Enniskillen? Numerous murders of Protestants in border areas who were only sons so the border would be rolled back. If you think extremist Republicans were not as bigoted against the British / Unionist / Protestants as the UVF were against Catholics / Nationalists / Republicans then you knock yourself out.

Not wanting to pay extra tax for a language less spoken in Ireland than Polish is very small compared to more extreme forms of bigotry.

When a state is a 'sectarian, bigoted' one even in the eyes of one of it's most prominent politicians and religious leaders- Ian Paisley and abuses it's power and it's people and you revolt against that state, what religion do you think the security forces of that state will likely be, predominately? Think hard and close your eyes if you have to and TAKE YOUR TIME HERE Mary, to work it all out.

Maybe compare to elsewhere if you are having difficulty:
    If you rise up against black subjugation, what colour of skin are the oppressors likely to have?
    Are you therefore guilty of being anti-white or are you just sick of being oppressed because of the colour of your skin?
    Again TAKE YOUR TIME answering Mary.

There is only one answer to this. The IRA was not systemically and inherently, bigoted or sectarian.

And it has no relevance, the conflict is twenty years over.

Don't bother answering, most people know the answer to all this already.

You are the only one on this thread still supporting the twin DUP sectarianism and bigotry.

Bigotry and sectarianism needs to be knocked down wherever it comes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The IRA were involved in dismantling the sectarian bigoted state and those that ran it.

If you can show evidence of systemic bigotry against a race or creed in the IRA knock yourself out.

Why did the Green Book specifically forbid attacks on "Celtic Nations"?

Why did the Green Book specifically forbid attacks on "Celtic Nations"?

The Green Book is here,http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/othelem/organ/ira/ira_green_book.htm

I don't have time to read through it, could you link to the relevant section and explain to a completely befuddled Francie what relevance it has?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The Green Book is here,http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/othelem/organ/ira/ira_green_book.htm

I don't have time to read through it, could you link to the relevant section and explain to a completely befuddled Francie what relevance it has?

Green Book, army council order, whatever.

The PIRA specifically forbade attacks on other Celtic countries. if it wasn't sectarian, why does it state that it "Stands with our Celtic Brothers"?

Advertisement