Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Joe_Biscuits

kazzer wrote: »
    Bit like these horrendous areas nearby we keep hearing about lol :)

My point exactly - also be careful with the speed bumps on the way in, also dangerous. Worse speed bumps in the whole of Dublin (sarcasm).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spencer33

Yep this is open - but be careful if you get jalapenos as they are spicy!! Very dangerous!!

Finally, some good pizza advice from someone on here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I'm just aware that the developers have been less than honest with potential buyers in relation to the area they're buying in.
    I haven't been making things up, I understand that you feel put out by it, buying a home is a huge deal, that's why I've shared these facts so people can have an understanding of the surrounding area, you live wherever you wish, the minute I begin making things up and telling lies you can call me out.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I appreciate the posts nullzero. I also think that its good ammunition for fighting to keep the security present for years to come.

Does anyone remember anything about security in their contracts and what it said about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm just aware that the developers have been less than honest with potential buyers in relation to the area they're buying in.
    I haven't been making things up, I understand that you feel put out by it, buying a home is a huge deal, that's why I've shared these facts so people can have an understanding of the surrounding area, you live wherever you wish, the minute I begin making things up and telling lies you can call me
    Well you got your point across so kindly jog on.

xpletiv wrote: »
    I appreciate the posts nullzero. I also think that its good ammunition for fighting to keep the security present for years to come.

Those guys are top notch, working long hours for very little pay in extremely poor working conditions for people who treat them terribly, putting themselves in harms way, you'll be lucky to have them around, a decent bunch.

Glazers Out!

I haven't been making things up, I understand that you feel put out by it, buying a home is a huge deal, that's why I've shared these facts so people can have an understanding of the surrounding area, you live wherever you wish, the minute I begin making things up and telling lies you can call me

Well you got your point across so kindly jog on.

Take it to moderation of you're not happy.
    Incidentally I can't say I appreciate your tone.

Glazers Out!

Take it to moderation of you're not happy.
    Incidentally I can't say I appreciate your tone.

Nullzero - I have access to the radio in my car, TV when I am at home and plenty of social forums on my phone etc so basically what I am saying is that I have access to the news. The incident last night was obviously not good, no matter what area it has taken place in. I personally didn't join this thread to read negative info - can I ask have you bought in Citywest Village or are you interested in buying there? The reason I ask is I am genuinely struggling to understand your angle here? Maybe I am missing something.....but either way I prefer to read the positive comments and help answer any queries that other members have about the development. Thats not me being small minded - there was a lot of robberies in Lucan last night, are you on other threads that have new developments there warning people? A lot of crime happening everywhere - just think maybe you need to get yourself a Robin.....Batman!

Nullzero - I have access to the radio in my car, TV when I am at home and plenty of social forums on my phone etc so basically what I am saying is that I have access to the news. The incident last night was obviously not good, no matter what area it has taken place in. I personally didn't join this thread to read negative info - can I ask have you bought in Citywest Village or are you interested in buying there? The reason I ask is I am genuinely struggling to understand your angle here? Maybe I am missing something.....but either way I prefer to read the positive comments and help answer any queries that other members have about the development. Thats not me being small minded - there was a lot of robberies in Lucan last night, are you on other threads that have new developments there warning people? A lot of crime happening everywhere - just think maybe you need to get yourself a Robin.....Batman!

I know about the citywest area, there are problems everywhere to one extent or another, I'm talking about things I know about. If you only want to know about the positives of an area that's up to you, you can filter out my posts of you wish, this is a forum that is open to the public to post within the parameters set out by boards.ie,if I get pulled up by the moderators I'll have to abide by their rules, your opinion, or your willingness to only want to see the positives (in an area with more than it's share of negatives) is your business.
    The Batman comment was cute, really cut me down to size with that one.
    Here's the thing Joe, the developers themselves are aware that Citywest Village will be a target for burglary and other crime, the land was originally going to be an extension of the Riverwalk area of citywest business campus until they saw an opportunity to make capital out of the housing crisis, yes residential property was planned to be built eventually but not that close to Ard Mor which unfortunately has a lot of issues. The developers are fully aware that these houses are huge targets (how many housing estates need 24 hour Cctv monitoring and security guarding in your experience?).

You do as you please, and I hope you're very happy in your new home, you can Slag me off all you like I really don't give a damn.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cityfinal

I know about the citywest area, there are problems everywhere to one extent or another, I'm talking about things I know about. If you only want to know about the positives of an area that's up to you, you can filter out my posts of you wish, this is a forum that is open to the public to post within the parameters set out by boards.ie,if I get pulled up by the moderators I'll have to abide by their rules, your opinion, or your willingness to only want to see the positives (in an area with more than it's share of negatives) is your business.
    The Batman comment was cute, really cut me down to size with that one.
    Here's the thing Joe, the developers themselves are aware that Citywest Village will be a target for burglary and other crime, the land was originally going to be an extension of the Riverwalk area of citywest business campus until they saw an opportunity to make capital out of the housing crisis, yes residential property was planned to be built eventually but not that close to Ard Mor which unfortunately has a lot of issues. The developers are fully aware that these houses are huge targets (how many housing estates need 24 hour Cctv monitoring and security guarding in your experience?).

You do as you please, and I hope you're very happy in your new home, you can Slag me off all you like a really don't give a damn.

Zero as you were asked on previous posts to go away and stop with your negativity you are like a bad penny when something happens in city west you are back, again. You're asked if you had purchased a house in city west village, you did not respond but we can guess the answer, you probably couldn't afford one, so again we ask you to go away and stop all your negativity

Cityfinal wrote: »

Zero as you were asked on previous posts to go away and stop with your negativity you are like a bad penny when something happens in city west you are back, again. You're asked if you had purchased a house in city west village, you did not respond but we can guess the answer, you probably couldn't afford one, so again we ask you to go away and stop all your negativity

When all else fails revert to "you couldn't afford to live here".
    I'm just commenting as I am entitled to do.
    You and Joe seem to feel that you have some power to stop discussion when you don't like what you're hearing. I'm posting things that are relevant to the thread, you can ignore my posts as I'm sure you're aware.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note enough of the personal digs. If you have an issue with a post, report it.

I drove by this morning, the houses are flying up, we should all be in on schedule and hopefully sooner. They still look the part too.

Spencer33 wrote: »
    I drove by this morning, the houses are flying up, we should all be in on schedule and hopefully sooner. They still look the part too.

Hopefully nobody robs them before we move in......

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Just received this email:

===============

Last Chance to Visit the Citywest Village Showhomes

Following our great success with the latest release at Citywest Village, we write to let you know that the showhomes will close after this weekend to allow the construction program to go full steam ahead!

The showhomes will be open on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September from 2.00pm – 4.00pm. You might like to use this opportunity to take any photos or measurements you need.

kazzer wrote: »
    Just received this email:

===============

Last Chance to Visit the Citywest Village Showhomes

Following our great success with the latest release at Citywest Village, we write to let you know that the showhomes will close after this weekend to allow the construction program to go full steam ahead!

The showhomes will be open on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September from 2.00pm – 4.00pm. You might like to use this opportunity to take any photos or measurements you need.

Very good, we should all attend-at the same time,
    Safety in numbers and all that.

I will be there though, measuring tape and camera in hand. Would love a decent set of plans mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

In regards to problems in the Citywest area
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0919/905895-citywest-shooting/

Very good, we should all attend-at the same time,
    Safety in numbers and all that.

I will be there though, measuring tape and camera in hand. Would love a decent set of plans mind.

Great Idea, safety in numbers Spencer - problem with me going is my style house isn't even built yet so I can't take any measurements. I am getting a pine house and they are only under construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AJC83

There is a clear case of trolling going on here by this Null Zero character. He is the sterotypical 'keyboard warrior', these individuals are generally frustrated or unhappy in their real lives and so take comfort in the anonimity of an online persona in order to drag others down to their level. 
    A quick scan through their posting history usually clears that up, in words of Taylor Swift 'haters gonna hate'.
    Probably best to ignore the inconsequential nature of their posts. Once the residents are in their beautiful new homes that they have worked hard to secure and this guy is still loggin onto boards.ie at midnight to make himself feel relevant he will flitter away back to the hole he came from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note: folks, this is getting tedious. If you have an issue with a thread, report it. Do not respond on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AJC83

Is there anyone in Phase 1 that has looked at blinds for the houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

AJC83 wrote: »
    Is there anyone in Phase 1 that has looked at blinds for the houses?

Hi there is a residents group on Facebook that was set up and there is more details there and the topic was brought up. 
    It's Citywest Village residents.

@merowig thanks for the link - "Lured to the scene" from Lucan.

Everywhere has bad places.

@nullzero I appreciate your posts even if others do not. Life is not meant to be looked at through rose tinted glasses, and I like to be seeing the other side of the argument. If I were moving to anywhere across Ireland, Id want the bad with the good, so at least I can mentally prepare and then physically prepare with things like insurance, cameras, better locks, etc etc.

I have already bought but security and safety is definitely my biggest concern. There is unquestionably a higher percentage of undesirables around us, whether criminal or not, and there is no doubt that there is lower prices for the beautiful houses because of this - there has to be! Because its well linked, they look well, low management fees, so why arent the houses towards 400k and 500k? Well its clearly cause of the area...

For those blaming him of trolling; sure, there might be an element of this in the posts, but i think he is actually wondering why we are interested in the area. To me, its the houses themselves, ok price, and access to Luas and important roads (m50, n7). I was curious about the Barnageeragh ones in Skerries cause i am from up there, and I dont get why they are paying monster money for houses so far out, so unserviced and frankly, imo, so ugly (opinion!!).

xpletiv wrote: »
    @merowig thanks for the link - "Lured to the scene" from Lucan.

Everywhere has bad places.

@nullzero I appreciate your posts even if others do not. Life is not meant to be looked at through rose tinted glasses, and I like to be seeing the other side of the argument. If I were moving to anywhere across Ireland, Id want the bad with the good, so at least I can mentally prepare and then physically prepare with things like insurance, cameras, better locks, etc etc.

I have already bought but security and safety is definitely my biggest concern. There is unquestionably a higher percentage of undesirables around us, whether criminal or not, and there is no doubt that there is lower prices for the beautiful houses because of this - there has to be! Because its well linked, they look well, low management fees, so why arent the houses towards 400k and 500k? Well its clearly cause of the area...

For those blaming him of trolling; sure, there might be an element of this in the posts, but i think he is actually wondering why we are interested in the area. To me, its the houses themselves, ok price, and access to Luas and important roads (m50, n7). I was curious about the Barnageeragh ones in Skerries cause i am from up there, and I dont get why they are paying monster money for houses so far out, so unserviced and frankly, imo, so ugly (opinion!!).

Hi xpletiv - I simply asked what Nullzero's angle was, had he/she purchased or what is main reasons were for the constant negative comments? I don't think any human is stupid enough to buy a house for €300k plus and not do some sort of background checks on the surrounding area etc themselves - your comment about rose tinted glasses is a little off I personally feel (opinion!!) Surely there are positive comments that Nullzero can propose if he/she is such a good Samaritan and helping us all out so much? In my opinion the Facebook page is far more constructive and helpful as people are proposing solutions and not problems. We are all aware someone was murdered up the road the other night - if you cannot see the OBVIOUS trolling in these comments I just think I best point out to you that the houses are redbrick.

Hi xpletiv - I simply asked what Nullzero's angle was, had he/she purchased or what is main reasons were for the constant negative comments? I don't think any human is stupid enough to buy a house for €300k plus and not do some sort of background checks on the surrounding area etc themselves - your comment about rose tinted glasses is a little off I personally feel (opinion!!) Surely there are positive comments that Nullzero can propose if he/she is such a good Samaritan and helping us all out so much? In my opinion the Facebook page is far more constructive and helpful as people are proposing solutions and not problems. We are all aware someone was murdered up the road the other night - if you cannot see the OBVIOUS trolling in these comments I just think I best point out to you that the houses are redbrick.

Are they not using rose coloured bricks?
    I want my deposit back.

I may sign up to this Facebook book so, just to join this group you speak of.
    Are there many members Joe?

Are they not using rose coloured bricks?
    I want my deposit back.

I may sign up to this Facebook book so, just to join this group you speak of.
    Are there many members Joe?

Spencer - yeah there are a good few on it. I think its only for people who have purchased so in that way it is better as everything is constructive - maybe slightly rose tinted. Kinda like disney land!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I think this is very stupid comment to make. The shooting could have happened anywhere. From what I have read, the victim, and reported gang affiliations are not even local. The victim is from Lucan, and affiliated gangs are from Clondalkin and Drimnagh.

This particular incident isn't the reality for this specific area, the incident is a reality to the severity of gangland crime in Dublin, and our inadequacy as a state to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cityfinal

Back up for our final look hope the builders get a decent winter and we can move in on schedule,

• Advertisement

How are they looking? I havent been back up since we bought, im hoping that they start flying up those houses around the Close :)

I wonder did that 350k willow sell? Seemed like a mad price for it, it was 'detached' but had no privacy at all from the looks of the map!

Advertisement